Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Nah' date=' he's cool. He's a 2 1/2 year old black, shorthaired Tom that we named Willy. :D He sure is a talker. :yes:[/quote']

(sigh) :(

Just like my Cassandra. Little Bombay. Got her as a kitten in '86, and she NEVER shut up ONCE. I adopted her mother too, and Cassandra did the talking for both of them. Cassandra was called to the Heaviside Lair 9/21/00. Still have her mother. Pudge had to start doing her own talking. She lost her lifelong skittishness, inherited the couch as territory from Cassandra (unfortunately, unlike Cassandra whom I got declawed when I was young and stupid, Pudge has all her claws. So much for the new couch) and we have to live by her rules. She is the sweetest, most affectionate little old biddy I ever knew. I just wish she could still get up on the bed herself. It's a pain to have to get out and lift her up. But the cuddles are worth it. We missed three years with her while living in Japan and are very grateful for all these bonus years Bastet has blessed us with. :)

No, really. How? I don't remember posting any pics of myself that would really show off my chest (except maybe the one of me in the Red Sox tank), and I wasn't aware you were paying attention.

And what is the pencil test supposed to prove, anyway?

I thought you said something about trying that test on the forums a while back. :think:

And what is the pencil test supposed to prove' date=' anyway?[/quote']

Canonically, if the pencil stays there, you are required to wear a bra. If it doesn't stay there, then you aren't. Where this requirement is enforced is lost in the mists of apocryphia.

(sigh) :(

Just like my Cassandra. Little Bombay. Got her as a kitten in '86, and she NEVER shut up ONCE. I adopted her mother too, and Cassandra did the talking for both of them. Cassandra was called to the Heaviside Lair 9/21/00. Still have her mother. Pudge had to start doing her own talking. She lost her lifelong skittishness, inherited the couch as territory from Cassandra (unfortunately, unlike Cassandra whom I got declawed when I was young and stupid, Pudge has all her claws. So much for the new couch) and we have to live by her rules. She is the sweetest, most affectionate little old biddy I ever knew. I just wish she could still get up on the bed herself. It's a pain to have to get out and lift her up. But the cuddles are worth it. We missed three years with her while living in Japan and are very grateful for all these bonus years Bastet has blessed us with. :)

Sorry she's getting old, that can be difficult to deal with. Marconi was almost 19 and about a week or two before she passed away we caught her on the counter (a fair jump considering she was somewhat enfeebled in her last year), stealing food. That was cool, we were always glad that she showed those signs of spunk and life as she was certainly aging notably. That (her death) was the only bad thing during GenCon, although I was so subsumed in events it was easy to "ignore" (emotionally) until getting home. I'm sorry my wife had to go through the initial bit alone, although we both had planned/knew either one of us could likely be in that situation.

Anyway, when I was a kid we had a cat named, Cassandra, btw. She wasn't really sweet, but she was a very cool cat.

As to couches, our rule is that anywhere humans can sit, cats can sit. Where we can't, they can't, although they have created a couple exceptions that we have to live by, too. :)

Our latest feline addition adopted us about 1.5 years ago. He was about 6 months old when he moved in (and I was astonished that the Doofus Brothers -- the two resident cats -- let him move in, though the process was assisted by my kids), and can be very vocal, especially when shut in a place he doesn't want to be. He must have been living on the street for a few weeks before he landed at our place. My guess is that he was pushed out from a nearby apartment complex where they don't allow pets; with his voice, it would have been impossible to keep him secretly.

Canonically' date=' if the pencil stays there, you are required to wear a bra. If it doesn't stay there, then you aren't. Where this requirement is enforced is lost in the mists of apocryphia.[/quote']

Well, it seems to be pretty well-enforced by gravity. I can't TELL you how painful it is to go a day without a bra.