Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

'Kay.

I'd just hate to think we're uploading, hunting and gathering for nothing.

Nothing being, "nobody sees 'em," not "nobody reps us." I mean, rep is a nice side effect and all, but I'm posting them to share with the board, which ends up being pretty moot if nobody sees the thread.

Y'know?

Alice, why don't you link the thread? I don't venture forth in NGD these days, I'm just "stuck" (gladly) in some threads I've long-subscribed to. So I don't see new threads. As I mentioned a long time back, people should let me know if they want me to look at something...otherwise I may never see it.

Alice' date=' why don't you link the thread? I don't venture forth in NGD these days, I'm just "stuck" (gladly) in some threads I've long-subscribed to. So I don't see new threads. As I mentioned a long time back, people should let me know if they want me to look at something...otherwise I may never see it.[/quote']

Here, a new video on my site, cross-posted elsewhere:

http://bobtokyo.robertdorf.com/BouncyRace.htm

Here, a new video on my site, cross-posted elsewhere:

http://bobtokyo.robertdorf.com/BouncyRace.htm

Thanks...how...paranormal!

Well, normal, I guess, but truth is stranger than fiction.

Although the ending was a little disappointing. I was thinking maybe everyone had to bounce at once on the winning or losing team.

Thanks...how...paranormal!

Well, normal, I guess, but truth is stranger than fiction.

Although the ending was a little disappointing. I was thinking maybe everyone had to bounce at once on the winning or losing team.

It's a strange world. My site's mission statement is to point that out. ;)

I'm thinking of doing a Japanese Game Shows clip site. I'll need more clips, but it's worth doing. :)

Argh. I need to find some rep-worthy posts. The last 10 people I tried to rep, I got the, "You must spread reputation before . . ."

Blah.

Pop into the Champions forum.

Find the Storn art thread.

Find one of his pics and rep him.

Incidentally while you are there vote on the next pic out of a possible 10 that I will commission in a thread started by me.

Alice' date=' why don't you link the thread? I don't venture forth in NGD these days, I'm just "stuck" (gladly) in some threads I've long-subscribed to. So I don't see new threads. As I mentioned a long time back, people should let me know if they want me to look at something...otherwise I may never see it.[/quote']

Dang, how'd I miss this post?

Here.

I'd just hate to think we're uploading' date=' hunting and gathering for nothing.[/quote']

Hmm. "Hunter-gatherers of the Internet." That's a very interesting concept.

I've thought of the Web in terms of the prebiotic Earth before, where life arose "spontaneously" from the environment, and I still get a lot of milage out of that. The (clearly similar) suggestion of the evolution of the web as paralleling that of prehistoric socioeconomic evolution hadn't occured to me before. Hmm.

Hmm. "Hunter-gatherers of the Internet." That's a very interesting concept.

I've thought of the Web in terms of the prebiotic Earth before, where life arose "spontaneously" from the environment, and I still get a lot of milage out of that. The (clearly similar) suggestion of the evolution of the web as paralleling that of prehistoric socioeconomic evolution hadn't occured to me before. Hmm.

Hey, that is interesting...thanks to Cancer for pointing that out, and to Alice for inspiring him! :thumbup:

On the happy side, we got our car back from the shop yesterday.

Something large (I'm guessing one of the off-road trucks) moved fairly gently into the tailgate of the station wagon; they may not even have realized they did it. However, it did crush the latch handle and render it impossible to open. So off the car went to the body shop, and we're out the $300 deductible of our uninsured motorist coverage. That sounds annoying, but it's not without a plus side...

It's a fairly new car ... last December ... and replacing that rear panel also erased one of the more obvious manifestations of my own stupidity.

Last month, when packing up to go off on a trip, the back was packed full, and it was difficult to close the tailgate. One of the annoyances with the car is that the back was always difficult to latch anyway, and one of my endearing personal traits :stupid: is that I have a very short temper with inanimate objects. That got triggered, and I slammed the tailgate down with everything I had. This left two round roughly hand-size dents in the rear panel. It was a striking visual effect, and approximately everyone who saw the car asked me how that had happened. :o The moral equivalent of a "Kick Me" sign.

So, I am quite happy that has been fixed for as little as $300.