The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I just bought a refurbed 4th gen iPod nano, because I can't take a 5th Gen iPod nano into work because of the camera. And then found out that I can't bring in the 4th gen either, because Apple gave it the same earbuds as the iPhone, and allegedly it can record audio, which is also a no-go at work. Now it is just wasted money unless I can find a way to physically disable the recording capability without killing the playback capability.

*headdesk*

Doc

I just bought a refurbed 4th gen iPod nano, because I can't take a 5th Gen iPod nano into work because of the camera. And then found out that I can't bring in the 4th gen either, because Apple gave it the same earbuds as the iPhone, and allegedly it can record audio, which is also a no-go at work. Now it is just wasted money unless I can find a way to physically disable the recording capability without killing the playback capability.

*headdesk*

Doc

You should be able to use just a regular set of earbuds/headphones with the nano. Ones that don't have a mic in them.

Mother @#$!!! Microsoft and your @#$!!!! crappy piece of @#$!!! hardware giving me the @#$!!!! E74 hardware failure error on my 360 on the night the new @#$!!!! Left 4 Dead campaign is released.

Repair is free, but I have to mail it in to get it fixed all because @#$!@!! Microsoft was too lazy to spend an extra couple pennies to actually firmly affix its hardware to the motherboard on the thing. @#$!!!!