The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I wouldn't know. I never see the doctor for cold/flu...I just sleep and drink fluids.

According to a friend of mine who just had it, one thing the doctors look for to see if its swine flu (aka "hamthrax" - a term she and her husband coined) is a pattern; feel like crap, then you feel better, feel like crap again, etc. If you have a fever, that's another sign it may be H1N1. She was told that she should NOT go out until her fever had been gone for 48 hours. Otherwise, she was still contagious.

Feel better soon.

According to a friend of mine who just had it, one thing the doctors look for to see if its swine flu (aka "hamthrax" - a term she and her husband coined) is a pattern; feel like crap, then you feel better, feel like crap again, etc. If you have a fever, that's another sign it may be H1N1. She was told that she should NOT go out until her fever had been gone for 48 hours. Otherwise, she was still contagious.

Feel better soon.

Of note a high fever (102+) is a standard symptom of any version of the flu.

Feel better soon.

I just went thru that pattern, though I don't think I had a fever at anytime. Then again, I've had that pattern before where I just didn't give my body enough recovery time. (And I wasn't laid out by any of it either)

Then again, a coworker tested positive for it a couple weeks ago. One of the hazards with working with the public a lot...

Well the Car died today.

1995 chevy lumina my brother bought at auction for 1500 had the engine rebuilt and resold to me in 2005 for $250.

I think I put just over $4000 keeping it running. Today, I decided the Towing company/Auto wreckers could have it. Now I just have to find the Title.

SigH

And shop light for a while =)

Thanks' date=' although mostly I'm just pissed off. It's not like my house lacks good places for the little bastards to nest, so why the hell are they nesting under random leaves of random plants? This is why I hate working in the yard.[/quote']

Yeah, and where you are, you can't do what I did: wait for the temperature to dip to the 30's (F) and hit them while they're torpid.

Yeah' date=' and where you are, you can't do what I did: wait for the temperature to dip to the 30's (F) and hit them while they're torpid.[/quote']

Wasps go dormant at night. I used to go out in the evening, dug up the nests and poured boiling water on them.

Daytime was using the 12' hornet spray, lit.

My pretty kitty' date=' Nefertiti went to the vet today. Whined and mewled the whole time, scared out of her wits. Had to suffer a 'thermometer goes WHERE?' moment as well, but hopefully she'll be feeling better soon.[/quote']

We had to take our kitties to the vet last week for their annual checkup/shots. They were both very angry/scared/upset. The vet suggested that we begin taking them to the vet every 4-6 weeks or so, and when we get there, they get to play with a new toy and have some special treat food (like wet food -- we only feed them dry food). If we do that a few times, they'll start to have positive memories of the vet, and they won't get so stressed/scared/angry when we take them in the future. Right now, their only experiences with the vet are bad ones -- poked and prodded and getting shots. :(