The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I don't know if this is the sinus bug, but off hand, it's something like it. Bad sinuses, but I always have those. Shortness of breath, which means I feel fine if I sit still, and lousy if I have to move around. I've been coughing up my lungs all weekend, and I've had to use this rescue inhaler three or four times a day every day since sometime last week, even if I am taking it easy and not running around all over the place. I'm tired and irritable and cranky, and I hate that. I feel like a wuss for staying home from work. And my doctor can't see me until tomorrow afternoon, so I'll likely have to miss work tomorrow as well. Resting isn't doing any good, but I can't be useful at work either. I think I've got a fever, and I can't find the dang thermometer. And my back hurts.

Grousegrouchgrumblegrumble.

I empathize... just yesterday I noticed that in my efforts to make back-ups in preparation of migrating to a larger hard drive' date=' I lost ALL of my archived e-mail's for the AOL screen name I use for business. This is: letters to head hunters and recruiters, job offers, etc.[/quote']

Yuck, sorry, in the big picture that's far worse than my situation. That's one thing about this thread, I guess...we almost all see worse events in someone else's life, somewhere along here.

It's been over two weeks now and the swelling still hasn't gone down. But what is happening is that it's draining into my leg' date=' so I have supremely ugly bruising down the inside of my calf and into my heel and foot.[/quote']

In the past when I've gotten to that stage, I tend to take more Aspirin to thin out the blood a bit more. (At least that was the advice I got. No idea if that's really a good idea or something that will dislodge a clot in your leg and have it lodge in your brain. :eek: )

I feel like a wuss for staying home from work. And my doctor can't see me until tomorrow afternoon' date=' so I'll likely have to miss work tomorrow as well.[/quote']

For the love of god please stay home and refrain from transmitting the plague you carry to other people. :)

Resting isn't doing any good, but I can't be useful at work either. I think I've got a fever, and I can't find the dang thermometer. And my back hurts.

Surely you could call someone who does have a thermometer? And a car?

Oddly' date=' the advice that I got was to [i']not[/i] take aspirin, though it didn't come with any kind of explanation. Right now what's bothering me most is the itching. Apparently the skin immediately around the swollen part is not terribly happy.

Could be that the clot dislodging was the reason. I think it might be a timing issue, but not sure.

You might want to try lotion to soothe the skin.

Since this is the cranky thread I fell my need to let out some steam before re-joiniong...ahem...polite society again.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you I feel much better now.

~Amused

"Sir, might I let loose a short, violent exclamation?"

"Oh, why certainly."

"DAMN!!! Thank you, sir."

- Black Adder

Cheers,

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Visit my thread...

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24273

Okay, maybe I'm being a little harsh with this guy. But this young idiot is spoiled rotten. He always has new stuff like cell phones, CD player or $120 shoes (his dad makes a lot of money). So he thinks he's hot stuff and thinks he can blow everyone off if he doesn't want to listen. That's why I plan to make sure he WILL listen to me.

This is a common complaint that I hear from all my friends and family who are teachers, namely, that kids nowadays are spoiled to a fault. Their Louis Vuitton or Gucci bags contain tricked out cell phones which they answer in class, or use to text message in class, and the ipods that they use whenever they can get away with it. Coupled with this is an attitude of complete arrogance and disdain that derives from the fact that they know there's practically nothing the teachers can do to discipline them.

The students aren't stupid, they figure this out at a very early age. One friend of mine had a first-grader try to steal play-doh by concealing it in her underwear, knowing that she could not be searched.

Okay' date=' maybe I'm being a little harsh with this guy. But this young idiot is spoiled rotten. He always has new stuff like cell phones, CD player or $120 shoes (his dad makes a lot of money). So he thinks he's hot stuff and thinks he can blow everyone off if he doesn't want to listen. That's why I plan to make sure he WILL listen to me.[/quote']

Ah yes. Hopefully you'll get him to change his attitude because otherwise he'll be a rotten adult as well.