The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

*breathes deeply* Okay I feel better now that I've gotten that out. I understand why Rachelle choose to break up with me instead of disobey her mother, but it still hurts. :(

~Amused

Holy cow. You know, up till now I never even realized Amused was a teenager (I generally don't pay attention to sigs). Your posts put you well beyond your years.

As for the issue... some people prove to be pretty intolerant; unfortunately, there isn't a great deal you can do about them. As for your friend... well, it's her loss. But you've obviously got your wits about you- I don't forsee something like this keeping you down for long. :)

At any rate, I'm sorry to hear about it. :(

I'm sorry to hear that, Chrissy. I hate when parents get in the way of true love too. I sympathize.

Unfortunately, not all Christians are as non-homophobic as me and several thousands of others. You wouldn't be from Ohio, wouldja?

I doubt it was true love, but it did mess up a good friendship.

And I am aware not all Christians are homophobic, it was just her mother's reasoning behing the whole matter. Most people I meet tend to care less about my sexuality making this a bigger blow considering the first parent to freak was the parent of a girl I would like to date...argh!...lol

~Amused

630am, the phone rings. Power has gone out in the office, and being two blocks away, I get to be the one who goes in to shut stuff off. So no shower, no shave, no breakfast. Get here and power's on, but one circuit in the office upstairs is fried and won't come back up. Spent the next 90 minutes flipping breakers and then running extension cords all over the place. Whee.

I truly hate it when I get a brilliant but cruel idea and then I have to spend time and energy NOT being mean to someone who really really could use a little unkind harassment in their life. Because actually NO ONE needs anyu more unkind harassment. But golly I want to so bad sometimes.

While I certainly didn't do it for the rep, I was a little miffed that I didn't get any for running the Champions modding contest. Miffed might even be too strong, more like cranky.

THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO SOLICIT REP, SO DO NOT GIVE ME ANY FOR THE MODDING THREAD!! (or this one for that matter, though Reneshat, that was funny)

A lot of you have been VERY kind the last few days rep-wise, but I was a little irked a few weeks ago that posting silly stuff was netting me better results than actually doing something that I thought of as constructive.

While I certainly didn't do it for the rep, I was a little miffed that I didn't get any for running the Champions modding contest. Miffed might even be too strong, more like cranky.

THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO SOLICIT REP, SO DO NOT GIVE ME ANY FOR THE MODDING THREAD!!

A lot of you have been VERY kind the last few days rep-wise, but I was a little irked a few weeks ago that posting silly stuff was netting me better results than actually doing something that I thought of as constructive.

Just to let you (and by extension everyone else) know that my scheme on rep is that usually someone will make some noteworthy post either for good or bad. If it's for good and I can Rep you then, there you go. If not, there might be some other post somewhere down the line that will spark my brain and say "Hey, another good one, let's try again" Or in the case of someone who annoyed me, i'll try to erase the black mark, but no rep. (unless it's exceptional) I guess if anyone is curious on their standing, just PM me.

Naturally these are my arbritrary rules on what I see as a fairly unimportant thing. Though a nice ego boost when it happens.

Hmm, actually Hermit got rid of a lot of crankiness just by agreeing to mash some potatos.

Been looking over my finances this week. I'm screwed. Rather than go thru it all, anyone know of a decent financial consultant, good for helping people dig out of some bad decisions and circumstances?

*after taking a second and third look to verify that I'm not seeing things*

What in hell have all of you done to your avatars? You look like octopi that are frantically trying to breed with sea anemones!

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

They're Thrakkin' in public!! :eek:

Just outta curiosity, why do you sign all your posts? You could just throw that in your sig, ya know. :)

*after taking a second and third look to verify that I'm not seeing things*

What in hell have all of you done to your avatars? You look like octopi that are frantically trying to breed with sea anemones!

Here milady [thread=24954]The "Let's go get Thraked" aka "Thrak-day" Thread[/thread]

Hmm, actually Hermit got rid of a lot of crankiness just by agreeing to mash some potatos.

Been looking over my finances this week. I'm screwed. Rather than go thru it all, anyone know of a decent financial consultant, good for helping people dig out of some bad decisions and circumstances?

Ditto. Not going into details, It will take me a very long time to get back in black.

Guest Skaramine

Just a few more years, A., and you don't have to worry about parents. Much.

Or better yet, move over here to Sweden! Age of consent: Fifteen. Or, as it's known, pants-majority.

Cool. I can be an expatriate and game with you!

Yeah right... like Amused would give me the time of day... :doi: