The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Leaving the clinic today, I was telling myself that I was just going to go home and eat at home, instead of hitting a drive-through. I was repeating, over and over in my head, "Just go home. Just go home. Just go home." I pull out of the lot and immediately go to Burger King, barely even aware of what I'm doing.

Why do I have no willpower?

Is it willpower, or absentmindedness? I have the latter in spades.

Willpower is an interesting thing. Hyoomans are inherently wired for short term gratification. But we still have more willpower than any other animal. Apparently it must be exercised, like a muscle.

Car routines are the worst. Seriously the whole get in, buckle up, turn the key, release the brake, mash the gas routine is so strong that almost nothing can break me out of it. Same goes for the exit procedure. That makes it next to impossible for me to remember anything from before or after I got into the car.

Is it willpower' date=' or absentmindedness? I have the latter in spades. [/quote']

Probably a combination of both. I'm always kind of fuzzy-brained after a treatment. It doesn't help that the BK just added a new drink system that lets you get over 100 different flavor combinations, and I f**king love Diet Coke with Vanilla.

Maybe it's not lack of Willpower. Maybe you think you deserve a treat after the ordeal of Dialysis. If your Mom rewarded you with treats when you pleased her or denied you dessert when you didn't, you will go through the rest of your life rewarding yourself with goodies.

Maybe you could switch to a non-food treat, such as a new E book or music download.

Went down to Columbia, MO to get a fistulagram and an angioplasty.

My fistula was too badly degraded for the angioplasty to work. So, I have to rush to surgery Monday so they can implant an artificial graft, or else my fistula goes kaput. They may not even be able to fix it, and I don't have another good place for one, which means I might be stuck with a catheter, again, after getting my previous one removed just a couple of months ago.

I have successfully and literally worried myself sick. I just threw up.

Went down to Columbia, MO to get a fistulagram and an angioplasty.

My fistula was too badly degraded for the angioplasty to work. So, I have to rush to surgery Monday so they can implant an artificial graft, or else my fistula goes kaput. They may not even be able to fix it, and I don't have another good place for one, which means I might be stuck with a catheter, again, after getting my previous one removed just a couple of months ago.

I have successfully and literally worried myself sick. I just threw up.

Damn, that sounds like no fun at all. Best wishes for a successful recovery.

I am about as close as I have ever been to completely imploding. Not only are we staring down the abyss of our own fiscal cliff, but I just learned that my ex-wife never took my name off of the mortgage the way she was legally obligated to have done 5 years ago according to the terms of our settlement. Even better, there was also a period of time where that mortgage was in foreclosure, which put a nice big black mark on my credit history. The final insult to this injury is that I only learned about this when trying to secure a new line of credit with a new credit union to help us find some short-term-relief in avoiding the aforementioned fiscal cliff, and was very perplexed when the credit officer was asking me about my history with mortgage payments.

Yes, I have pinged a lawyer about what legal action I can take to address the later situation.

As for the former...

...I'm just an absolute wreck.

I am about as close as I have ever been to completely imploding. Not only are we staring down the abyss of our own fiscal cliff' date=' but I just learned that my ex-wife never took my name off of the mortgage the way she was [b']legally obligated[/b] to have done 5 years ago according to the terms of our settlement. Even better, there was also a period of time where that mortgage was in foreclosure, which put a nice big black mark on my credit history. The final insult to this injury is that I only learned about this when trying to secure a new line of credit with a new credit union to help us find some short-term-relief in avoiding the aforementioned fiscal cliff, and was very perplexed when the credit officer was asking me about my history with mortgage payments.

Yes, I have pinged a lawyer about what legal action I can take to address the later situation.

As for the former...

...I'm just an absolute wreck.

That's awful, Klytus. I have no good suggestions other than don't let yourself be left alone with her, and best wishes.

Last year I tried to end my life-long affair with sugar, chocolate and goodies of all kinds.

Now they have let me know unequivocally and with no buts, it's over.

Now I must say "I don't eat sugar", "I don't eat white flour" and "I don't eat fried foods" and mean it.

Farewell, chocolate.

Farewell, fudge.

Farewell, Haagen Dazs.

Farewell, all my comfort foods.

My stomach is speaking loud.

It's over.

My self-observation for the day- the line between 'having my symathy' and 'just another tick on my ***' is when you ask me for money. It's not you, it's all the other ticks on my *** that have gone before you.

To the obnoxious loudmouth on the train today:

If you were offended when I called you stupid, it's because you know it's true. So does everyone who was on the bus. You have the appearance of a pig, and a personality to match. The only thing that saved you from a broken jaw is that there were too many witnesses, and my time is too precious to waste in prison. The world will be a better place when you die.