The cranky thread

Hermit

I really don't know anymore. I've been looking for something outside of education. Except that I've been in education for so long, nobody in another field is taking me seriously. I may just have to go back to teaching, which I never really enjoyed. Another 20 years of being miserable at my job.

Maybe I'll see if the 7-11 down the street is hiring. If nothing else, The commute won't be too bad.

Education should be relatively easy to transfer out of, if you look for trainer positions in various industries. I mean, that would still be teaching but you'd inadvertently learn about something else that you might be able to move to after a few years.

Otherwise, you write well and I assume you speak well if you did twenty years in a classroom. Sales? Marketing? Tour guide? Technical writing? Journalist? Warrior poet?

Everyone is into rap music these days.

No, not really -- actual folk music is alive and well. Friend A. took a sabbatical from med school to learn folk dance and playing the keyed fiddle by ear. But my generation was the last one to experience the draft, so nowadays soldiering is an out-and-out job. There are probably some people who have the souls of poets in that line of work, but they mostly are very practical-minded folks.

So there is apparently a "Non Drunk Drivers cause more accidents than drunk Drivers" email making the rounds, it's got Budweiser's logo on it but I doubt the brewing company would actually support this kind of aggressive "humor."

It was forwarded to my father and he passed it along to the family mailing list. 

This is the man who spent 4 years in prison due to an auto accident in which he ran into a tree and his then girlfriend died. They were both sloshed. He doesn't drink all the time but when he does he gets drunk. 

Log-man eventually talked me out of the profanity laced response I'd crafted but, here's a rule I have. If 100% of the fatal auto accidents you've been involved with were alcohol related you don't get to make Drunk Driving jokes, you self-unaware cocksplash.

This made me too mad. I'm starting to wonder if I have the problem.