The cranky thread

Hermit

One of my dogs kept charging the skunk and got sprayed no less than three times. He just wouldn't learn his lesson. I had to put up a barrier to keep him away from the skunk.

Last night they went after it again. Hopefully taking the blast right in the mouth will discourage the puppy from going after it again. 8 month old Anatolian shepherd cross...

aaand the firs day off I've asked for in 2 months...since the IT department exploded...and it looks like our cloud hosted vm's have died. 

Which provider?  I know Amazon was supposed to have a scheduled reboot to fix some serious hypervisor issue, but I don't remember when that was supposed to happen.

My laptop worked fine one night, my wife went to turn it on the next day, and no dice boot file corrupted. I can't find the windows 7 installed disk, probably because it was kind of a hand me down 'puter...

I tried looking for it at my dad's too, no luck. I hope I don't have to buy a new copy.

Money is tight, though GOOD news, looks like I may be picking up a part time job that could eventually turn into a great one...

Mom called today.  Her cancer has advanced to Stage 4.  She's not on a countdown, but she's working out her final arrangements.

So, I'm running down to see her tomorrow afternoon, coming back Friday.  I am quite nervous, though, as I strongly suspect she's going to go all 'tape Bible to front of sledgehammer, beat on Collie's head' until I completely flip my defecation.

Sorry to hear that, CC. Stage 4 is a hard difficulty level to beat. So is the proselytizing. Really nothing has driven me further away from organized religion than people trying to force it on me.

Sorry to you too, Burrito. Losing even distant acquaintances can also be tough. I know I've gone through some times when I felt like death was kind of nibbling around the edges of my circle of friends.