What would your character do #74 (or so):Gift of Power?

Hermit

A very POWERFUL new villain is on a rampage with 20d6 electrical blasts and a strange shield that seemingly makes him immune to damage. However, being the hero you are, you eventually over come this guy. As soon as he's helpless, there is a crackling sound, the bolts and shield disappear a voice goes "I Zeus, thank you for the return of my lightning bolts and aegis. As a reward, I give you power for power, to bestow upon who you will."

An amulet appears, and 'Zeus' continues, "Give this to whoever you will, and they may join you in super heroing, should they be old, this will youthen them, should they be weak, this shall strengthen them, should they be ugly and a woman... ugh. This will definitely fix that too. They shall have powers to rival yours. We are even, farewell."

In short, a voice claiming to be Zeus has just given your character a means of making a super hero. Any mystical senses/study show it holds great power waiting to be bestowed, any high tech one shows it to be made of gold and diamond but other than that ordinary.

What would your character do with it? If anything?

Re: What would your character do #74 (or so):Gift of Power?

Starguard -- hand it to Horus-Re.

Dr. Pain -- curse very very loudly, as he just *KNOWS* that every supervillain on the planet is gonna come to rip him off, and he's not buff enough to hold them off.

He'd probably go hand them to the Golden Avenger or something. He trusts DJ.

Baron von Darien -- is the seniormost member of the Trismegistus Council. Call a meeting.

Anthem: She'd consult the other heroes. "What on Earth do I do with this? I'm not the most powerful person but I'd still be giving someone a real boost!" She would indeed be perplexed by this.

Audra Blue: Her powers are far from being bestowed by magic. But she'd do deep study. She's got all the resources in the world to cull from. Then she'd contact the person with the right temperament and intent and make them a hero!

Uncle Slam: He'd save it for the day when he encounters the right person. He's a believer in a sort of fate. One day he'd know someone that would deserve such power.

Guest Worldmaker

Uncle Sam: He'd keep the amulet safe until he found a person he thought worthy... like a police officer, or maybe a soldier... and then turn it over as soon as he could.

Gyro: Gyro would never be in a position to have Zeus give him the amulet in the first place.

Lawgiver: He'd put the amulet on, bestowing the power to himself. He's been tasked by a God to bring the force of law to criminals everywhere, and any weapon he can use in that task is a good thing.

Warp: "Horus, you're a god and this is a god thing. Why don't you hold onto it till we find a suitable canidate."

Spectrum: Starts review panel to evaluate the records, psych profiles, and security backgrounds of military, intelligence, and law enforcement personel to find suitable canidates. Wrangles to be personally involved in the final step of the selection process.

Mystic: Uses his arcane senses to find one worthy of such power.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Flippant: He has the perfect person. Presumeably, if this came up in the campaign he's in, it wouldn't be right away, so they'll be close enough that he'd be willing to chance it. (Fem. Rom. interest who has much the same origin as him [crippled athlete], but doesn't have superpowers to compensate... he's a softy. I give him five minutes before he cracks.)

Oh yeah. He would believe the voice.

Wraith: Would think about it. Would probably go to the higherups and ask to hide it somewhere where noone can get at it until he figures out what to do with it.

He would have used his gifts to double check the offer was genuine, mind.

Guest Soulcatcher

Darkwyn: As someone who believes in redemption, in the ability of people to see the light and be given a second chance, like herself, she would offer it to the vanquished supervillain so he could become a superhero to atone for his mistakes.

Soulcatcher: would keep it secret to use it at the most relevant and advantageous moment possible.

Blackcat - Well when her ID became public, her head student started a "superhero gang" of martial artists called the White Tigers. She would likely give it to him.

Ballistic would talk to the Sorc Supreme for advice.

Terminal Velocity might just give it to his girlfriend.

Terminal Velocity might just give it to his girlfriend.

Aw, that's sweet. But you don't know what you're getting yourself into...

TF: It's for you.

GF: A gift? Oh, wow, let me get the box open... It's just... oh...

TF: What's wrong?

GF: This isn't something you just happened to take off a supervillain, is it? Or one of your costumed friends?

TF: Uh... No, honey. Honest.

GF: Well. It's a little tacky. I hope you still have the receipt...

Whereupon a lightning bolt from out of nowhere ends your relationship for good.

Blues:

First, check a dictionary to see if 'Youthen' is, in fact, a word.

Second, be really annoyed that he implies that being a woman means that you are 'broken'. He's from the 30th Century, they have equal rights there. :)

Third, realize that 'powers to rival mine' is not actually all that great. Blues is a skill monster. All his powers are technological/cybernetic.

Fourth ... give it to the Champions. This magic crap gives him the creeps.

This is a really cool one.

Valkyrie:After she picked her jaw up off the floor from talking to a real incarnate mytholgical GOD (1.5 from Pre Attacks by Male authority figures) she would angst and fret about it for days before likely bestowing the power on her would be boyfriend Jerimiah.

Shidoku:"*vile Japanese cursing* Now every two bit freak in the world is going to be after me to torture this out of me. But..what else is new..." She'd hold until she could find someone truly worthy, which might take awhile as she's fairly jaded. Her final choice would probably be someone in terrible position but too weak to fight back, like am abused victim or something similar.

Tao:She would quite baffled and begin an immediate research project into the nature of power and its requirments. After developing and strict and scientific set of criteria, she would wait for such a person to appear.

Eve:She would ask her Daddy what to do if she didn't just give him the power to start with. Since her Mommy has powers already, now they could all be superheroes together! yay! *

*Eve is a robot. Her "Daddy" is her creator and she has the persona of a very well mannered child currently.

Jack T. Chance: He would have an E-Bay sell to end all E-Bay sells.

Bane: He would use his resources to find a suitable candidate, preferably someone interested in the rebuilding of America and turn it over to them

Daniel Knight: He would have a private conversation with his sister in law. He will tell her that if something was trying to attack him through the ones he loved that this was her emergency back up. This is one of those break glass in case of emergency type of situations to protect herself and his nephew.

Peacekeeper's Response: Peacekeeper would perform a quick risk assesment: Is the amulet dangerous? Is this Zeus being attacking him? Presumabley neither is true, so Peacekeeper returns to processing the defeated villian (informing him of hsi rights under the local jurisdiction, handcuffing him, calling appropriate authorities for retrival) and ignores the amulet as mission non-essential. Wherever the amulet lay he would leave it, though if asked about it he would inform the questioner where it came from and what it did. Leaving a amulet, even an amulet that grants tremendous power, laying about is not actually a crime, and hence not something Peacekeeper will give much thought to. Peacekeeper would not take the amulet (a Galatic Peacekeeper does not accept payment for the performance of his duties, as it may lead to a conflict of interests), and would not be willing to devote any time to finding an appropriate recipient, as such an activity is unrelated to the performance of his duties.

Iron Demon's Response: The Demon's costume is already somewhat medival looking, and a magical amulet would probably make a good accent. He might very well use it for himself, though he's not fond of magic and doesn't know if he can trust the source. He might give the amulet to one of his more trusted lieutenants in the Night Court.

Mask of Justice: Be amazed that apparently the Greek gods do exist after all, so maybe he *did* get his powers from them. That processed, he'd check over the rolls of the Junior Justice Club for a worthy recepient, such as a brave crippled newsboy.

Rock Bottom: Most likely there's a fireman or police officer who was disabled in the Blood Red King's attack some years ago. They'd be Rock's first choice.

Calculus: Slugger's uncle. Hands down. (Former athletic hero Olympian, crippled by a supervillain.)

Kira Midori: Will hold on to it for just the right person. She has precognitive abilities, she'll know.

Talion: "Why should I curse anyone else with superpowers?" He'll toss it into the nearest large body of water, or otherwise dump it.

Adonis – Would probably hide the amulet somewhere, because he wouldn’t completely trust the voice to actually be Zeus or if it was Zeus entirely trust his motives to give it to anyone. The person he would give it to if anyone would be Rodrigo Sanchez, the man who was a surrogate father figure to him as a teen. Now, a good plot twist would have Rickie Fletcher, Adonis’s friend who is a gay circuit boi, find and use the amulet. I hate to think was a twisted GM could do with those possibilities, particularly, if they decided to play up any resentment Rickie harbors toward Adonis.

Cobalt: After a mild Japanese curse he'd mutter "not again!" and turn to amulet over to the Trismegisus Council or something similar (He's heard they're still looking for an archmage).

Vantage: Will vow never to tell Zectron about the amulet, give it to a crippled bum and say "if you use this for evil, I'll hurt you."

Zectron: Grin brightly and hold a televised reality-show-style contest called "Who Want's To Be A Superhero?" Contentants will be put through mild situations where they must diplay bravery, cunning, honor and determination. To quallify to be a contestant a morals and ethics test would have to be passed. (undoubtedly, some wannabe villain would get through, win or steal the amulet and Zectron would then be hunting someone.)

Kristian Rolyat: Find the nearest active volcano and toss it in.

If the lord of Olympus says it's a word, by Ambrosia, it's a word!

Or maybe it's just all Greek to your character :winkgrin:

Maybe 'enyounthen'? Even better - Enyoungen!That sounds like a good word! :angel:

Don't have any characters of my own at the moment. Of the ones I'm GMing, though, one in particular would almost certainly have something in mind.

Gargoyle is an amnesiac, who recently rose from the dead as a gargoyle statue on top of a building in Millennium City. As far as he can tell, he died in the Battle of Detroit - vaporised by the satellite laser. And it's just possible that the rock from the rubble where he died was used the make the statue...

In any case, he has many links to his past, and the only family he can find is a sister - problem is, she's suffering from a very rare genetic neurological disorder, which shuts down most of her higher brain functions. She's been a vegetable since the age of seven. She can still see, hear, and even chew when food is put in her mouth.

There'd probably be a small amount of selfish motivation (he wants to get back a link to his past), but he also feels genuinely for her. As far as he can tell, in his old life, he fell in with a very bad crowd (the Institute for Human Advancement), partly because he was spending a LOT of money looking for a cure for her.

So, he'd put it on her, and hope she wasn't TOO insane...

Magnon: How can I decide who would be worthy of this gift?

Wolfen: Why the *BLEEP* would I put this curse on another human being?

FrostFire: Cool! *put amulet in pocket* Yeah right, I wonder how much this

would sell for?

Brik: Uh huh, I'll ask around until I find someone who actually wants to be

transferred into a block of black granite.

American Soldier: Would give it to his sidekick Champ.

This is a matter of grave import, since it involves the creation of a very powerful new superhuman (Nova is a 1000-pts cosmic powerhouse). Would be probably torn between doing a very careful search for the most worthy candidate, and giving it to the most suited of his girlfriends so they could go superheroing together.