Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

He went there for their sake. If not even Log can save them' date=' then they are beyond saving and are best left to the inexorably rising waters of the sea.[/quote']

How much will the seas rise if the Ice caps melt? if it's less then 135 feet then I'm good.

You are, are you? You don't mind all your tax money going to fix the damage? You won't miss polar bears and coral reefs?

Anyway, the worst case scenario for 2100 is a two-meter sea level rise, though it seems like every climate change estimate so far has been much too conservative.

If science explains lightning' date=' then the sheeple will have one less reason to fear the man in the sky. Fear of the man in the sky is the primary means of control we have over the sheeple, therefore scientists must be burned at the stake. QED.[/quote']

Or if you are modern-day Italy, you lock the Geologists in prison.

you moved to Florida on a dare' date=' right Log?[/quote']

He went there for their sake. If not even Log can save them' date=' then they are beyond saving and are best left to the inexorably rising waters of the sea.[/quote']

I'm making a documentary. The only way to be accurate is to live among them, gain their trust. Think "Gators in the Mist."

We should be using the base 12 counting system!

I've been making this argument for years. Then today, I stumbled across this by accident.

I didn't know that there are groups out there actually pushing this, like www.dozenal.org. I'm so signing up for their newsletter.

I feel so validated :D

read a book this year IIRC the new Temple of Jerusalem is in both decimal and dozenal. I do remember it did my head in trying to keep measurements in both bases straight.

And the ancients had a base 60 number system IIRC.

I have to write up a job description' date=' and I've decided to look up similar job postings for ideas. One I ran across listed the requirement of "emotionally stable." Am I wrong for laughing at that?[/quote']

Sounds like someone recently had to deal with the unstable, or that a particular office had a drama incident.

• 2 weeks later...

Maria Sharapova beat Venus Williams quite handily in the Australian Open. I could just imagine Serena Williams watching the match and declaring in her best Ricardo Montalban impression' date=' "I will avenge you!" Does that make me a bad person?[/quote']

"Have you heard the saying, 'Revenge is a dish best served cold?' It is very cold... in... ...Australia."