Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

There is a child here. A boy, maybe 5 years old. Someone brought their kid to work.

That's not really that strange or unusual for most workplaces, but I'm in an... um... interesting industry. It's not particularly family-friendly here. :straight:

So are there like nekkid people running around everywhere, with pr0n running on monitors sprinkled around the office or what? :)

So are there like nekkid people running around everywhere' date=' with pr0n running on monitors sprinkled around the office or what? :)[/quote']

Wow, it's like you've been here or something! :eek:;)

No, not at all. But there are always people doing QC or screenings on their monitors at their desks. It's a pretty typical cube farm, so monitors are visible to anyone walking past. I think daddy is keeping a pretty tight reign on the child, keeping him in the IT area where there's no pr0n. At least, I hope he is.

Wow, it's like you've been here or something! :eek:;)

No, not at all. But there are always people doing QC or screenings on their monitors at their desks. It's a pretty typical cube farm, so monitors are visible to anyone walking past. I think daddy is keeping a pretty tight reign on the child, keeping him in the IT area where there's no pr0n. At least, I hope he is.

About what I actually figured then. :)

No PR0N in the IT area?

So it's true then... the geeks get fed last

As they're the only ones whose jobs don't involve watching the stuff, I'd think it would be necessary. It is, after all, rather difficult to get work done when none of the blood's in your brain.

As they're the only ones whose jobs don't involve watching the stuff' date=' I'd think it would be necessary. It is, after all, rather difficult to get work done when none of the blood's in your brain.[/quote']

That's why I had the back up brain installed down there.

I've only heard that ringtone once -- ever. It surprised the heck out of me that there was a single person on the planet that was not broadcasting their taste in music with every received call. Chirping crickets is one I've never heard. Sounds fun. :D

There is a child here. A boy, maybe 5 years old. Someone brought their kid to work.

That's not really that strange or unusual for most workplaces, but I'm in an... um... interesting industry. It's not particularly family-friendly here. :straight:

That is one way to learn the "facts of life".

I was refering to a 23 year old at work. Always comes in tired, whether a day shift or night shift. Want s to always hang out with freinds or play xbox instead of sleep.. Thinks that should excuse him from work.