Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I'll eat most common fruits, vegetables and meats, if they're prepared well. Don't like the idea of eating anything I'd keep as a pet (dogs, cats, monkeys) or anything produced by another human (thinking here of the Breast Milk restaurants in China a few years ago), but I'm aware that's more conditioning than anything else.

Cauliflower is uninspiring but edible. Actually' date=' I put worcestershire sauce on it. But Brussels sprouts ... now there's something only fit for throwing. And, if eaten, hurling.[/quote']I like brussel sprouts, too. :o

Can't stand zucchini or eggplant, though.

I like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts. All steamed and with either cheese sauce for butter.

I like my brussel sprouts like I like my women: bitter and slathered in butter.

Me too, but add hot and steamy as well (but without the bitterness).

According to Wikipedia about Brussel Sprouts:

Overcooking releases sulfur compounds in the vegetables that give it a distinctive smell commonly found unpleasant. If correctly cooked, the unpleasant smell is avoided and the vegetable possesses a delicate nutty flavor.

I like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts. All steamed and with either cheese sauce for butter.

Me too, but add hot and steamy as well (but without the bitterness).

According to Wikipedia about Brussel Sprouts:

What, so they're overcooked in nature? I mean, they smell fairly bad uncooked, too...

Morimoto actually lost last night. I was shocked. Iron Chef never loses' date=' that's one of the most annoying features of the show.[/quote']

I've seen a few episodes where the Iron Chef lost the challenge, both in the original show, and in the current one. Granted, it's not a common occurrence, but it happens.

Money is the root of all evil. You know the phrase was coined for a reason' date=' and that reason was truth.[/quote']

True, but Girls *are* evil -- and I can prove it!

First, we must realize that Girls take time and money:

Girls = Time x Money 

And we already know that Time = Money, so:

Girls = Money x Money = Money^2

And as Bazza pointed out, Money is the Root of Evil:

Money = Evil^.5

Money^2 = Evil

And by combining these two formula, we prove:

Girls = Money^2 = Evil

Girls = Evil

:D

I think the phrase "Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." is in-and-of-itself bogus. Power doesn't so much as corrupt as it *attracts* those who are already corrupt much more strongly than it does others.

Thus when one compares the two groups (corrupt vs non-corrupt) against each other and sees a bias w/ regards to power, one must not jump to conclusions that power corrupts as it presumes that the corrupt were not they way before gaining power.

So we need to setup some experiments by giving power to those that don't want it, and see how it goes. Maybe the LSH universe had the right idea?

I think "power corrupts" is a fair generalization, given the exercise of power requires ongoing compromise along with, necessarily, being the broker in the according of resources, such that the practicioner of power generally cannot attain the same level of idealism one typically desires. Such attrition of ideological position typically seems to yield an erosion of purity in other areas.