Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Sure was! It was a sorta crossover from neural anatomy and the sex and gender part of Professional Development. If I got the gist of the lecture right, it's this: "There are genetic factors, and there's environmental factors. They interplay a lot. People who think only one part of the spectrum matters are crazy."

Sure was! It was a sorta crossover from neural anatomy and the sex and gender part of Professional Development. If I got the gist of the lecture right' date=' it's this: "There are genetic factors, and there's environmental factors. They interplay a lot. People who think only one part of the spectrum matters are crazy."[/quote']

Yup. Nature vs Nurture is a false dichotomy. Both are important, and they are interdependent. :)

Yup. Nature vs Nurture is a false dichotomy. Both are important' date=' and they are interdependent. :)[/quote']

Although I've heard that phraseology, I have never heard a discussion (aside from crazies) that indicated it was either/lor, but a debate over which is more influential for what particular forms of development/traits.

Although I've heard that phraseology' date=' I have never heard a discussion (aside from crazies) that indicated it was either/lor, but a debate over which is more influential for what particular forms of development/traits.[/quote']

I have listened to lectures from people who while they probably didn't consider it to be a true either/or they seemed to consider it to at least frequently be an effective one.

. . .

Interested in selling your body to Science?

I'd be happy to sell archermoo's body to science.

What would I get for it?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary makes discreet inquiries regarding selling Lucius Alexander's body to gastronomy