Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Karl Malden died of natural causes at the age of 97' date=' Wednesday[/quote']

Son of a #$%*!!! I wasn't a fan of MJ or Farrah Fawcett but I loved Karl Malden. Great actor with a great schnozz. But, hey, natural causes at 97 ain't too bad. See you on the other side Father Barry.

Really? What game was it? It sounds like it might be a fun one.

World of Warcraft, in the Stormpeaks. It's very high up. I tend to get dizzy flying around there.

The quest was reuniting the Bronzebeard brothers. Though dwarves are low key. =)

I was watching some old-school Star Trek last night. The episode was called Mission: Earth. It was from one of the later seasons. In it, the Enterprise goes back in time to 1968 to do a survey mission, but they intercept the transport beam of a guy named Gary Seven. Gary is a human who was taken from Earth by an unknown alien race and trained to be their agent on Earth, to help humanity get through this war-like period of history. He has an intelligent cat named Isis (who can transform into a gorgeous brunette), and a secretary named Ms. Lawson.

At the end of the episode, Kirk makes an offhand remark along the lines of, "Well, according to the historical records, Mr. Seven and Ms. Lawson have a long series of adventures together!"

So is it just me, or did that episode seem like the pilot for another series that never quite got off the ground? Sort of a sci-fi "Man From UNCLE"?

Perhaps...

One of the few perks I get as a librarian is Advanced Reader Copies. The latest one i picked up had a title too good to resist: Confections of a Closet Master Baker. It's a non-fiction piece written by a former Hollywood insider who left the scummy scene of La La Land behind to become a baker in Vermont. The author's name isn't one I recognized so I didn't really think anything of that and quickly forgot it.

As she starts to tell of her life and her fabulously gifted and beautiful sister, Sandy, who made it in Hollywood nearly instantaneously, I begin to wonder who Sandy really is. The author's name, Gesine, comes up and I start thinking "That's an odd name, is that a typo?" So I look on the front cover and read her full name again: Gesine Bullock-Prado. Holy cow... Bullock? Sandy Bullock..? Sandra Bullock is your famous, beautiful sister?? I LOVE HER! :love: :love: :love:

More appropriately, Sandra Bullock was the woman I obsessed over for many years. Now I feel like the typical schmuck she describes in the book. At least Gesine paints a very flattering picture of sandy, so i do'nt have to have any fantasies crushed. Hell, by the end of this I could develop a crush on the baking sister! :D

Confections of a Closet Master Baker? That's quite an entendre.

Oh, Log-Man, if you do develop a crush on Gesine...and with your crush with Sandy...;):D

I was watching some old-school Star Trek last night. The episode was called Mission: Earth. It was from one of the later seasons. In it, the Enterprise goes back in time to 1968 to do a survey mission, but they intercept the transport beam of a guy named Gary Seven. Gary is a human who was taken from Earth by an unknown alien race and trained to be their agent on Earth, to help humanity get through this war-like period of history. He has an intelligent cat named Isis (who can transform into a gorgeous brunette), and a secretary named Ms. Lawson.

At the end of the episode, Kirk makes an offhand remark along the lines of, "Well, according to the historical records, Mr. Seven and Ms. Lawson have a long series of adventures together!"

So is it just me, or did that episode seem like the pilot for another series that never quite got off the ground? Sort of a sci-fi "Man From UNCLE"?

I thought I'd seen all the original episodes but one....Bread and Circuses.

But I haven't seen this one. What's it called?

Lucius Alexander

Where no palindromedary has gone before.

I thought I'd seen all the original episodes but one....Bread and Circuses.

But I haven't seen this one. What's it called?

Lucius Alexander

Where no palindromedary has gone before.

Assignment : Earth

Follow my link, it will explain a bit.

Like Lemming said' date=' [i']Assignment: Earth[/i]. It's episode 55, according to the box.

"I spy with my eye something beginning with the letter 'T'."

"Time Travel plot?"

"I spy with my eye something beginning with the letter 'A'."

"Another Time Travel plot?"

"I spy with my eye something beginning with the letter 'Y'."

"Yet Another Time Travel plot."

When in the world is Sci-Fi going to get off the F^*&(%g Time Travel plot addition?

I grow tired of mournful celebrity obits' date=' let alone so many, and often obscure one's at that. Knowing of someone and knowing them are very different things. And, to be frank, beyond a distant "huh, that guy was still alive?" or [occasionally'] an abstracted, vague "that's sad," I don't feel a darned thing. Often, I don't care one way or another beyond an abstract recognition of the human condition. I honestly don't understand the obsession with celebrity western culture has. Lots of good people, often better people than their celebrity idols, die anonymously every day. Most of them didn't make play-pretend or play games for a living. Okay, I know, I'm being sour, but the constant stream of another-one-bites-the-dust threads is getting old and taking up bandwidth.

Everyone has had some impact on someone else, so I can't judge other people's feelings. I'm with you that most of the time with celebrities, I can't get too worked up either way. Depends I guess in what they were doing with their lives at the time.

Everyone has had some impact on someone else' date=' so I can't judge other people's feelings. I'm with you that most of the time with celebrities, I can't get too worked up either way. Depends I guess in what they were doing with their lives at the time.[/quote']

If we outlive Siouxsie we are both going to be hit hard. I have met her so it will definietly be hard for me to take.

All I know is' date=' when Ace Frehley shucks his mortal coil. I'll be crying. *weep*[/quote']

If I outlive the Divine Gillian I'll be upset regardless of my age.

If we outlive Siouxsie we are both going to be hit hard. I have met her so it will definietly be hard for me to take.

If I outlive the Divine Gillian I'll be upset regardless of my age.

Naturally, celebrities that we've interacted with will have more of an impact.

Everyone has had some impact on someone else' date=' so I can't judge other people's feelings. I'm with you that most of the time with celebrities, I can't get too worked up either way. Depends I guess in what they were doing with their lives at the time.[/quote']

I admit this should have been in the cranky thread. I frequently forget it exists.

I admit this should have been in the cranky thread. I frequently forget it exists.

Depending on my mood, I can post in musings what is a possible crank. I tend to use the cranky thread for what I consider rants. Either that, or it's whatever I find first. :D