Champions/V&V Conversions

Agent 13

Re: Champions/V&V Conversions

The DNAgents Sourcebook had conversion notes for V&V to, I think, 3rd edition Champions. Doubt if any stores still have a copy but eBay may provide.

The Different Worlds issue (30?) that featured the Teen Titans had them statted for V&V and Champions (and Superworld!) You could thumbnail a good conversion set from comparing stats. Again moderately tough to find but Ebay could work wonders.

The DNAgents Sourcebook had conversion notes for V&V to, I think, 3rd edition Champions. Doubt if any stores still have a copy but eBay may provide.

The Different Worlds issue (30?) that featured the Teen Titans had them statted for V&V and Champions (and Superworld!) You could thumbnail a good conversion set from comparing stats. Again moderately tough to find but Ebay could work wonders.

Does anyone have a copy of this? I'd love to see what their Titans stats were ;)

If you'd like converted writeups of some of the V&V characters, this webpage features 4E Champions versions of Bill Willingham's Destroyers from Death Duel With The Destroyers; while this thread presents Surge from the DNAgents Sourcebook, courtesy of our own SCUBA Hero. (SCUBA keeps threatening to convert the rest of the Agents - I hope he gets the time some day.) :thumbup:

Oruncrest, thanks for the updated conversion notes. Its been a long time since I've looked at the "official" conversion, so I can't point out any differences, but what you have looks great. And thanks, ChaosDrgn, for PDFing the notes provided by Oruncrest.

A long time ago (back in 3rd edition days), I converted over the villain agency from "The Pentacle Plot." I think they were called Tarot or something. I have no idea if I still have those character sheets... like I said, it's been a long time.

I might be easily convinced to convert over FORCE, if anyone is interested. I always liked those modules. Plus, it would give me an excuse to play around with Hero Designer for a while.

Robb

I might be easily convinced to convert over FORCE, if anyone is interested. I always liked those modules. Plus, it would give me an excuse to play around with Hero Designer for a while.

Robb

[most convincing voice ever]

I have those modules, and would be very interested in seeing conversions of those characters.

[/most convincing voice ever]

[most convincing voice ever]

I have those modules, and would be very interested in seeing conversions of those characters.

[/most convincing voice ever]

Doh! Now I have to produce something! :)

Okay... I'll try to get a conversion of Force up tonight or tomorrow (the version of him in F.O.R.C.E., not Assassin). Then, I'll work my way through the rest of the villains in the adventure.

Anyone care to join me in converting V&V characters? If it helps, I created a spreadsheet to help in the conversion process, using a combination of the old 3rd edition conversion provided in "The Pentacle Plot" and Oruncrest's guidelines posted here. I can post a copy of it if anyone wants to use it.

Robb

Anyone care to join me in converting V&V characters? If it helps' date=' I created a spreadsheet to help in the conversion process, using a combination of the old 3rd edition conversion provided in "The Pentacle Plot" and Oruncrest's guidelines posted here. I can post a copy of it if anyone wants to use it.[/quote']Okay, I'll get to work on the rest of the DNAgents. I use the conversion from the back of the DNAgents sourcebook for V&V; but I'd like to see the one you have too.

Okay' date=' I'll get to work on the rest of the DNAgents. I use the conversion from the back of the DNAgents sourcebook for V&V; but I'd like to see the one you have too.[/quote']

Hey, Scuba, thanks for jumping in. I pasted a link to the spreadsheet I threw together, below.

http://home.earthlink.net/~robbneu/VandVConversion.xls

Basically, all I did was use whatever numerical formulas the V&V conversions provided, along with the formulas Oruncrest used, and let the spreadsheet chose the higher of the two values. It's nothing fancy, but it does speed things up a little (at least, it does for me).

Robb

• 8 months later...

[Thread Necromancy]

Okay, I finally got around to statting out Tank.

First, to have them in the same thread, here is Surge:

Okay, this is a V&V conversion to Hero System, specifically the DNAgents book. It generally uses the conversions listed in the back of the V&V book, but with some judgment. I'd also like to point out that this is a conversion to 1981 Champions, who were build on 100 points plus disads; the power level is *extremely* underpowered compared to the BBB (150+100) and FREd (200+150). Also note that skills in Champions back then were basically related to combat - so little or no points are spent on skills. Power level comparisons should, therefore, be based on the levels based on 1981 Champions. For example, Mechanon had a 10d6 EB at that time...

Okay, given all that:

Surge

26 STR 16

21 DEX 33

24 CON 28

10 BODY 0

13 INT 3

12 EGO 4

12 PRE 2

16 COM 3

10 PD 5

10 ED 5

5 SPD 19

10 REC 0

35 STUN 0

48 END 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 118

Tinted Goggles: 5 pts. Flash Defense (Sight) (5); OIF Tinted Goggles -1/2 (3) [0]

Electrify Body: 6/6 Force Field (12); 0 END +1/2 (18) [0]

Electrify Body: 50% Resistant Damage Reduction (30); Only vs. Electricity/Magnetics -1, Non-persistent -1/4 (13)

Lighting Control: 60 pt. Multipower (60)

(1) Lightning: 12d6 EB (60); 6u [6]

(2) Short Circuit: 2u 4d6 RKA (60); Only vs. Electrical Devices -1-1/2 (24) [6]

(3) Control Electronics: 5u 12d6 Mind Control (Machines); Limited Class (Electronics -1/4) (48) [6]

Total Powers Cost: 107

4 @ 8-point CSL 32

Total Skills Cost: 32

Total Points: 257

Base Points: 100

Disadvantages

Enraged: When frustrated (Com, Mod) 10

Psych Lim: Bipolar (VC, Mod) 20

Psych Lim: Never back down/never surrender (Com, Mod) 15

Psych Lim: Black & white morality (VC, Mod) 20

Psych Lim: In love with (dead) Angela Krell (UC, Total) 15

Phys Lim: Regulator (must wear regulator/back-up regulator or explodes when dead (Dependence [regulator]: VC, Time (Phase), Damage (10d6)) 75

XP Spent 2

And now, presenting........Tank!

Tank

75 STR 39*

15 DEX 15

25 CON 30

16 BODY 12

13 INT 3

17 EGO 14

15 PRE 5

16 COM 3

10 PD 5

10 ED 5

04 SPD 15

10 REC 0

50 STUN 8

50 END 0

*STR 0 to 25 has the -1/2 Limitation “Current STR = 1.5 times the smaller of current STUN or ENDâ€, STR 26 to 75 has the above Limitation plus No Figured Characteristics -1/2.

Total Characteristics Cost: 154

Armor: 20/20 Armor (60); OIF Armor -1/2 (40) [0]

Blaster Gloves: 8d6 EB(40); AoE 3†radius +1, 32 Charges +1/4 (90); OIF Blaster Gloves -1/2 (60) [32c] plus +2 OCV (10); OIF Blaster Gloves -1/2 (7); (67)

Explosive Rounds: +7d6 EB to Blaster Gloves (35); AoE 3†radius +1 (70); 2 Charges -1-1/2, OIF Blaster Gloves -1/2 (23) [2c] plus +1 OCV (5); OIF Blaster Gloves -1/2 (3); (26)

Targeting System: +2 OCV with Blaster Gloves (10); OIF Helmet -1/2 (7)

Total Powers Cost: 140

+2 HTH CSL 10

4 @ 8-point CSL 32

Total Skills Cost: 42

Total Points: 336

Base Points: 100

Disadvantages

Psych Lim: Curious about the human world (Com, Mod) 15

XP Spent 221

(For Tank’s motorcycle, use a normal motorcycle and add some DEF to represent beefing up the frame and armor plating.)

[/Necromancy]