What was you most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

TheQuestionMan

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What was you most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

I seem to have foggy memories of a character of mine having some kind of focus attack, that is, not an attack in the form of a gun or the like, no it was some kind of weird thing my old gm would come up with. Anyway, from what i can remember the character ( i think he was called free wheelin franklin which will give you some insight into what we were smoking back then and possibly why i dont recall this with crystal clear clarity) activated the focus attack, it basically drained active points form every other power and stat into one almighty make or break attack against the campaign master villain

I think it went something like this

Rick (gm): "Ok Stevie, your all charged up, whats your move?"

Me: "Right, i'll perfom a move through"

Rick: "Alrighty just dont miss"

Me [roll of dice, expectant look at Gm]

Rick: "Sorry Mate....on the plus side you did level a mountain!"

Me: "Aww Shi.."

So who knows what the actual dice were, i altered the landscape!:rockon:

Guest bblackmoor

Re: What was your most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

What was you most powerful Attack on a Supervillian???

I can recall two: one from years ago, and one recently.

The one from years ago involved the old Teleport-into-solid-object rules. You can read about it here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=401730#post401730

The new one was in a Wild Martial Arts game just a couple of weeks ago. Due to an error on my character sheet (not actually an error: more an oversight on my part), I had bought a much larger attack that I thought I had. My character in that game is the master of Savory Noodles In Delicate Broth style martial arts: I hit the villain with a 14d6 Hot Noodle Slap.

I re-wrote him immediately afterward, of course. :)

Re: What was your most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

The Z-Man

In the olden days of BBB before MPAs were legal and defined

15d6 EB vs Energy -Plasma Bolt

Linked EC to Plasma Bolt did not have to be fired each time but each slot had to be fired together

45 point Powers "The Zenith Effect" [3c]

2d6 RKA Explosion No Range Personal Immunity

3d6 Major Transform to Dust

I often pushed the EB to 17d6 and set off the Zenith Effect. The area around the PC was slagged and the villian was either dead or seriously hurting. Once I grappled *before* setting off the Zenith Effect so the Big Bad got the full effect of the Explosion but the idea was only to have an attack that screwed up the environment in cimenatic ways when the power when off.

Hawksmoor

My largest attack against a villain was when I pulled a "Vision" and flew into orbit, pushed my Density Increase and my flight and dropped on her. IIRC, the damage dice were somewhere around 70-80. I left a crater, knocked myself out and STUNNED her. She didn't even budge. She was hovering in place over the crater I had just created.

My largest attack EVER was as a GM in a Pulp game of all things. The game took place in the late 30's and the PCs were all secret agent types with one or two low level super powers. The Nazis were planning on dropping ship mines in the Red Sea and sinking ships to make it impassable. The PCs were to go in and prevent this from happening. One guy found the cargo plane loaded with 20 ship mines (6d6K each) and proceeded to set timed explosives throughout the plane. Before he could make it off the plane he was spotted by a couple of Nazi guards. A fight ensued on the entrance ramp to the plane and the PC didn't get away in time. The entire plane blew up for total of 120d6K. Technically the PC should have been killed but I am a benevolent GM. :) I hate killing characters if there is a reasonble way around it.

He had a force field (10/10 at the most) and a few inches of gliding both based on telekinesis. I had him make a DEX roll and he drops a 3 so I ruled that his force field protected him just enough to prevent him from being killed (that and I rolled the damage for each mine separately). But he did end up at -280 STUN and was bleeding profusely. Ah, good times. Good times. :snicker:

• 2 months later...

Let me tell you a story.

One upon a time, a group of heroes stopped an egotistical, bossy supervillain from doing something to endanger the earth. With all his cronies knocked out or dead, he was coming back with us on our Mach 4 vehicle after we rescued him from the fruits of his labor (something to do with lava, I believe). One of our characters had Teleport, UAA.

Anyway, the bad guy started getting bossy, since it was a psychological disad of his. Realizing he couldn't be reasoned with, we dipped down the plane and the teleporter sent him in front of a mountain... at Mach 4.

We didn't do the math. He just died.

I just did the math. It was 7,951 Inches Per Phase, so he would have taken 7951d6 of damage, for an average of 27,828 STUN and 7,951 BODY. That's assuming, of course, the mountain we TP'd him into could handle all that damage.

- Cap

Back in the old Champions HIgh game that I was in, I played a character that routinely downed anyone he hit in one shot- his combination of Variable SFX attacks and detect vulnerbilities/find weakness meant he always hit them in the sweet spot with just the right attack. Single best attack? He killed a stairwell full of killer bugs(based off the creatures in the Systems Failure game) that his teammates were literally unable to harm at all. He detected their chemical attack vulnerbility and housed them down with something 12d6 attack that hit them for x2 Stun and Body.

In a 4th edition game, my power armor guy shunted all the power in his systems into his STR and haymakered Grond for 27D6. It CON Stunned Grond and got me into the group(I was a newbie hero "on probation" at the time).

Same guy two different times in his career.

As Pruple Haze STR 80, 30" flight 16xNCM Move through. Target turned out to be a martial artist and he threw me.... I took untolds amount of damage to my pride.

Later, Pruple Haze is now called Powerman, He has 120 STR. He has 45" Flight, He Has 32xNCM

Doesn't matter. This is a "Crit" roll.

Powerman/Purple Haze had an archenemy. Someone who gained his powers the same way he did, but earlier. Zeppelin went through all the power changes I did but sooner he was always MORE POW. I even tried buying the Disad down, but by then he was a favorite "Chad Stomper". Big Z had been stomping on me for about 4 phases (all the defense and STUN/CON I had purchased over the years had merely served to prolong my suffering.

Finally, he "Wiffs" hits me for a weak ass amount that doesn't a) Stun me or B) Knock me back.

ME: "Knockout Blow time"

GM: ?

ME: "I am calling a shot to his jaw."

GM: :eg:

ME: Pushed, Haymaker...

GM: :bounce:

Pete (my Brother)" I distract Zeppelin with my Martial Assault. Throw him to the ground. Grabbing Throw (Joint Lock)

GM: :straight:

Pete:"Success! He's Held Till his next Round..."

GM: :(

ME: "Here goes...1-1-1!" Double Damage!"

GM: :jawdrop:

40d6: tumblecracklefall...

ME: Look at all those sixes!

GM: :mad:

ME: "Let's see twelve sixes...that's 72, and two ones 74...(the rest added up to about average approx. 91) so that's 165 x2 330 Stun, and 50 Body..."

GM: :sick: "Uhm... He's Stunned..."

After that it was a mere two rounds to knock him out.

I was playing Gantua, one of my first characters, at a con pick-up game. He's a 50 STR brick w/ Superleap. He was going toe-to-toe against an "electrical Magneto". He was holding his own, but was down to less than 10 STUN. He did a short run for velocity (Half-Move), summoned up every last erg of strength (Pushed STR), and went into a flying tackle (short Superleap into a Haymaker'ed Move Through). This totaled 22 and a half d6. He did enough STUN to CON stun the villain and knock himself out. He did 22 BODY which he and the villain both sucked up. He rolled 8 for KB, sending the villain flying back into a police cruiser, for another 14d6 of impact damage. This knocked the villain out as well.

You hit him for 330 STUN and STILL didn't knock him out!

WHOOP! WHOOP! INSANE POWER LEVEL ALERT!!!!

The previous mentions in the post had 120 STR, 45" Flight, 32xNCM, and also mentioned a 40d6 attack and this got your attention?

I mentioned before in this post that I never had high dice damage, but I am reminded now that I've had one character to had Find Weakness 13-. ONE TIME my character was able to Find Weakness THREE times on an opponent, (brought him down to 1/8 of his defenses) but this was an agent, not a named villain, so I only used my legsweep (7d6, I believe) because I didn't want to kill the guy. The most I'd ever found on a 'named' villain was twice.

I mentioned before in this post that I never had high dice damage' date=' but I am reminded now that I've had one character to had Find Weakness 13-. ONE TIME my character was able to Find Weakness THREE times on an opponent, (brought him down to 1/8 of his defenses) but this was an agent, not a named villain, so I only used my legsweep (7d6, I believe) because I didn't want to kill the guy. The most I'd ever found on a 'named' villain was twice.[/quote']

We used to have some insane FW rolls. One of my heroes would usually get villians to 1/8 with occasional 1/32. Which got her to ask one of the other heroes to heal the villian. When asked why, "I'm not done hitting him!" why yes, she was a bit psycho

The previous mentions in the post had 120 STR' date=' 45" Flight, 32xNCM, and also mentioned a 40d6 attack and [i']this[/i] got your attention?

Apparently he missed the mention of the 300" knockback earlier too. :eg:

I just did the math. It was 7,951 Inches Per Phase, so he would have taken 7951d6 of damage, for an average of 27,828 STUN and 7,951 BODY. That's assuming, of course, the mountain we TP'd him into could handle all that damage.

- Cap

If he was doing a "move through" on the mountain wouldn't he only take half? Surely he could shrug off the mere 13914 Stun and 3,975 Body! Might have difficulty finding a spot to land though given the terrain damage...

If he was doing a "move through" on the mountain wouldn't he only take half? Surely he could shrug off the mere 13914 Stun and 3' date='975 Body! Might have difficulty finding a spot to land though given the terrain damage...[/quote']

Nope. Full Dice. He failed to move the mountain with KB.

Guest Champsguy

I forgot about something. My most powerful attack actually was a 47D6 Autofire x5 attack. See, my half-Kryptonian character had travelled to a Pre-Crisis world, so I was running around with a 235 Strength. I autofired a minion of Darkseid and beat his ass to pieces. Then Darkseid shot me with his Omega Beams and blew me out of that timeline.

The previous mentions in the post had 120 STR' date=' 45" Flight, 32xNCM, and also mentioned a 40d6 attack and [i']this[/i] got your attention?

First, I didn't read all of the ones prior to me.

Second, I hate to say it, but I've seen numerous people insist that Superman should have 150+ STR, which I don't agree with it at all. But I've seen numbers like that enough that it doesn't suprise me. 330 STUN would require 90-100 dice of normal damage though.

BTW: Does anyone notice that the penalties to hit with a non-com move through would basically require you to roll a natural 3?

First, I didn't read all of the ones prior to me.

Second, I hate to say it, but I've seen numerous people insist that Superman should have 150+ STR, which I don't agree with it at all. But I've seen numbers like that enough that it doesn't suprise me. 330 STUN would require 90-100 dice of normal damage though.

BTW: Does anyone notice that the penalties to hit with a non-com move through would basically require you to roll a natural 3?

Was a pushed Haymaker against CV 0 Fellow. the "3" I rolled let me do double damage....

Was a pushed Haymaker against CV 0 Fellow. the "3" I rolled let me do double damage....

I wasn't referring specifically to that one instance. A number of people have posted non-com move throughs as their examples.

Damage Reduction. Dude' date=' Chill.[/quote']

Even with 75% damage reduction, it still requires 50 DEF and a brick level stun total to survive that(over 70). And to me, that's just WAY out of balance. But then, I see a lot of people post stuff like this and just shake my head. I suppose I should know by now, especially on a thread like this, that the numbers are going to be way beyond the necessary or the realistic, but still.