What was you most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

TheQuestionMan

I stumbled across an old Champions Character Journal and noticed a notation for my characters "Move Throught (Flight 30")", "Pushed Strength", and "60 Strength" Attack vs. Thor from a Champions Adventures game.

Flight/3 = 10d6

Pushed STR = +2d6

STR Halfed = 6d6

Total = 18d6

I managed to STUN Thor long enough for both the both the other Superheroes to "Combine Attacks", "Haymakers" and Knock him down to -30 STUN.

That was fun.

My character woke up much later and asked "Did we win?"

Cheers

QM

P.S.: What was you most powerful Attack on a Supervillian???

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What was you most powerful Attack vs. Supervillian???

Mine was from Blackcat. She had a martial arts multipower, with a specific slot for the "high damage attack" that was a big HA. Then the brick threw her at a major baddie, and she used passing strike, and that HA, her strength and the "channel all my chi into one devestating attack" power she had that was an additional HA - +10d6 One charge cost end extra end and made her DCV 0 (it took something like 45 end to use, and she has 50 - that plus the DCV thing made it something she almost never used - bascially as a total finisher).

So we were up against this total tought guy - so Gibralter threw me at him. He had an fairly large amount of growth, so he was hit pretty easily, even so I put all levels into OCV. We treated it as a passing strike with 48" velocity. (70 STR brick and we had actually trained for this so treated as a running throw).

Dmg =

4d6 from STR

2d6 from Push

12d6 from "martial manuever MP"

10d6 from supech'i punch

9 1/2 dice from velocity

37 1/2 d6.

This in a 16 dice or so game.

Cat blacked out from the impact, and stunned the bad guy and knocked him into single digit stun. The rest of the team finished him off fairly quickly.

In my case, it was the Red Splat vs. Doctor Destroyer. It was a short fight, but not for the reason you're thinking.

This was possibly my silliest and most disturbing character concept ever. He had gliding, precognition, and a transformation attack to turn another person into the Next Red Splat--this last power wasn't under his control, and was important for keeping the legend of the Red Splat alive, as I'll explain.

You see, he fought the supervillains by pitching himself off the tallest building in the city, and hit the villain at the bottom. The gliding was to make sure he stayed on target (like a laser guided bomb), the precognition was to let him know the exact time and place to jump off the building, and the transformation attack would make sure that someone else would take up the cause later on.

So...I attacked Dr. D with a terminal velocity impact (30-32 dice, I can't remember exactly), turned myself to jelly, and managed to stun him. Needless to say, he wasn't pleased--even moreso, since there wasn't anyone for him to mete his wrath out upon.

For some reason I can't ponder, I've never been allowed to play the character again :P

Hmmm ... it's hard for me to remember. I think I once managed to tag someone with a double vulnerability (double from Sonics' date=' double from Explosions, and I had a Sonic Explosion) on a 12d6 Explosion ... so, 48d6 damage all told.[/quote']

OUCH!!!

Can you say "Liquified"

Sheesh

QM

The only excuse I have for this construct is that I was REALLY into Thor at the time and playing my 4e 700 or so point version called "Warhammer" in a LONG running campaign...

Basically, it was an attempt to create the Unfettered Might attack of Thor from the comics. I don't have the sheet near, but it was along the lines of:

24d6 EB, AVLD (Power Defense), Does Body, Full Phase to activate, Concentration (1/2 DCV), Focused: OIF (Mjolnir), 1 c

Heh, biggest attack I've ever dealt out was with Microman II. It was *relatively* small. However, the context made it hilarious. Basically, he was in a Microverse dimension with the Sentinels, facing off against the forces of Vashtos, a dimensional lord. Now, a GM ruling has it that, when in the Microverse, Shrinking functions as an equal value of Growth.

Okay, eventually, Microman ends up confronting Vashtos ( the others being scattered and doing other tasks at the time ), and Vashtos starts up the standard issue "I am INVINCIBLE" megalomaniac spiel. At this point, Microman kicked in the Growth. . . and now, Mr Normal Sized Dimension Lord is standing in front of the toe of the now-250 foot tall Microman, a toe of which is now roughly as big as Vashtos. This was immediately followed by a now 14-foot wide fist descending very rapidly on his position, with a literal exclamation of "Oh, shit. . ." and about 28d6 of damage.

90 active point EC with Shrinking, Density Increase, Flight and Force Field, all at 0 END.

The villains were always at -8 to see me, which they never did, so they were always at 1/2 DCV to my Move Throughs.

AND the character had Skill Levels to offset Called Shot To The Head penalties.

First time I played the character Ogre was in a tussel with a few PCs at the local airport, and he was holding his own. My character came flying by and saw the melee. So my charcter flew straight down and did a Move Through on Ogre's head, with all the Knock Back being straight down into the re-enforced concrete tarmac.

28d6 attack, Suprise Move STUN Multiplier, Called Shot STUN Multiplier

And even the PCs were at -8 to see the character. All they saw was Ogre setting up a haymaker, then a big Ka-BOOM, then Ogre laying in the middle of a huge crater.

After the action was over, the GM said "Hey, let me see your character sheet for a second..."

And then all the other players applauded while he tore it into little pieces.

Well, there was the 101d6 haymaker, but Scales did burn a lot of stun...

And that was with four other bricks coordinating on a megavillian. We wound up doing around 300" knockback thru a Krell wall (60 def/60 body).

why yes, it was a bit of a high powered game

My personal best was against Giganto, Prof. Muerte's pet rock...

The character I was running (National Anthem!) had a 6d NND Sonic grenade. The GM had given each of us a 1-use "power augmentor" (+30 AP), so now I had trusty 9d NND Sonic grenade. I rolled 6 6s, and a couple of 5s, and a 3 (hard to forget a roll like that). 49 STUN! Woohoo!

Then the GM realizes that HIS Giganto (maybe the actual one had it as well) had a 2x Vulnerability to Sonics. 98 STUN. The beady eyes, they cross. The mouth, it gapes. The Giganto, it falls down. Prof. Muerte ran away (the little sissy).

Guest Champsguy

Well, that would be one of two moves I did.

The most dice I ever threw would have to go to my speedster, Phaeton. I believe his full-speed Black Hole Punch did in the 45D6 range. Our team was in a fight with the Image universe (yeah, all of 'em), and I went full-speed into Supreme while he was in full-on Thunder God mode. The first time I hit him with the 45 dice, he went rocketing backwards into the concrete. Then, the next phase, I hit him with it again. :) He didn't get up. On the plus side, it turns out that one can take the title of Thor in Image by beating the previous Thor in personal combat. Phaeton, however, leaves the hammer at home, because it looks kinda dorky and he doesn't like to lug it around all day (if I were to use the hammer and the corresponding Str bonuses, his Black Hole Hammer-Whack would be about 55D6 now).

One of the most spectacular moves I ever did, though, came from playing my Green Lantern clone. Faced with an incredibly nasty enemy from a GM who didn't know the meaning of the word "balance", I did the only thing I could do. As the party was getting the crap kicked out of them repeatedly, I used my Summon power to bring forth an army to help us. Specifically, 16 giant monkeys. Each 50 feet tall, with a 90 Str. And hammers. Big hammers. Someone managed to daze the supervillain with an awesome Stun multiplier on a killing attack (immediately drawing the wrath of the DM, who ruled that the character would get no XP for that session since he had a CVK), so all the monkeys coordinated and set for haymaker. The GM started to freak out, but the other players scraped together enough teamwork (for once) to make sure the villain stayed there until the end of the next segment. He got hit with 16 seperate attacks that were all around 30D6. He was very, very negative on Stun (somewhere in the -200 level). And this was on a guy who started with a PD of somewhere between 80 and 100 (not sure exactly--he was tough). Unfortunately, that's when an invisible teammate teleported away with his unconscious body. 5 minutes later, he reappeared, fully healed and with a much larger team, as well as plot device powers.

Our campaigns have a 75 AP cap for powers, thought movethroughs and haymakers can usually exceed it. My 'most powerful attack' story isn't about a lot of dice being thrown, but about a result. The villain in question had just eviscerated a teammate, so I returned the favor. 3d6+1 Killing vs ED, Affects Desolid Soul Blade. 17 Body, either x4 or x5 stun multiplier. The badguy was Con stunned, KO'd, and killed in one hit. And the rest of the players at the table cheered me for it.

Why? The villain in question was SPD 12, Invisible, Desolid, and had a 4d6 HKA Affects Solid World.

My 'most powerful attack' story isn't about a lot of dice being thrown' date=' but about a result. [/quote']

Same here.

Let me tell you all the story of the time my brick defeated Durak.

Now this was years ago, I don't have the character sheet anymore, and the GM was notorious for coming up with his own stats for Champions villains, so it will be a little on the vague side. However, best as I remember, here is what happened:

My character, Gauntlet, had just managed to get Durak in a Grab. The GM rolled poorly, and I rolled well, so I actually managed to hold him. The GM made sure to tell me how Durak was shrugging off my Grab, soon to turn and kill me and my team, and I believed him. Fortunately, I had DEX on him.

"I, ummm, errrr, throw him straight up, hard as I can!" I said.

GM thinks a moment and allows this.

"Where's he going to hit?" I asked.

"You'll need an INT check at -2 to figure that, " the GM responded gleefully.

"You and the other players mocked me, mocked me for sinking points into INT for my brick, " I replied, "and here is where it pays off."

One laughably easy INT check later, Durak is plummeting to earth, with Gauntlet winding up a Haymaker to land as he hits.

Yes, as he hits. Yes, I'm coordinating attacks with MYSELF.

One successful Haymaker as Durak's head hits the concrete later, and the GM glumly reports that Durak is... CON Stunned. Perhaps he expected that this further proof of Durak's toughness would cause us to flee. However, terror had faded as I realized I now had a viable tactic, and like all viable tactics against more powerful villains, must be ruthlessly exploited, nay, beaten to death with a rock.

"I do it again as he Recovers, " I said, "and I'll keep doing it 'till he's at GM's discretion, unless he has some sort of special move to stop me."

I will never forget the look on the GM's face.

Next time we fought Durak, he had a rocket belt. Which, first thing, we broke. Don't think we fought him after that...

Hmm. Dont recall.

I remember the biggest attacks I've hit my players with, though.

In a 250 point 4th Ed game :

30d6 Normal, terminal velocity fall impact.

6d6 AP Killing (tank gun).

Both against bricks. The first didnt even do body, the second didnt do enough to impair.

Biggest vs. a Supervillian was a mere 24d6 pushed punch. Didn't even stun him.

Now if we add what we've done to players...

I've hit a PC with a 20d6 killing explosion, from a nuclear bomb.

The PC took 2 body which regenerated by the time his brain rebooted.

Same session, less than 5 turns later, he did an uncontrolled megascale move-through on a small uninhabited planet. The planet lost.

Now _that_ was a high-powered game, and the character, Golem, the toughest SOB in the game.

Let me tell you a story.

One upon a time, a group of heroes stopped an egotistical, bossy supervillain from doing something to endanger the earth. With all his cronies knocked out or dead, he was coming back with us on our Mach 4 vehicle after we rescued him from the fruits of his labor (something to do with lava, I believe). One of our characters had Teleport, UAA.

Anyway, the bad guy started getting bossy, since it was a psychological disad of his. Realizing he couldn't be reasoned with, we dipped down the plane and the teleporter sent him in front of a mountain... at Mach 4.

We didn't do the math. He just died.

Last time I was a player I was playing a Speedster/Brick cross-archetype with a pseudo-specialty for Move Throughs. I can't recall off the top of my head but I ended up actually hitting one of the campaign-BigBads with a 30 DC (or so) Move Through (in a 12 DC standard) game. Knocked myself straight into the next game session and Stunned the creep...so he shook off the stun, but didn't last much after that (thank god).

Playing my MA Flying Brick Amy Amazing (a cross between Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman) The previous session, which i had missed, the group got ambushed by a team of pretty nasty villians hired by our arch-nemesis to take us out. The group gets handed their asses by the baddies, in particular the groups leader, a very tough and cocky brick named Devastator. So, my team just manages to get away and our resisident detective finds out where their HQ is. End of the session.

Next session, the GM tells me I'm flying back to the HQ after a quick trip home (the reason my PC wasn't there the session before) when I spot a group of villians raising a fuss in the middle of the city (they where celebrating). I radio to the group that I've spotted some baddies and am engaging. They start to respond but it gets cut off. (one of the villians had a radio jamming field) So my team knows that I'm about to face the guys that tore them up, and they quickly head out to save me. I drop down as the baddies are laughing and joking around, feeling pretty good that they whipped some hero butt and all.

I land and give them the standard "Surrender now and know one has to get hurt' and they laugh. Devastator walk right up to my face and starts talking trash.

"Big hero chick, huh. We just kicked you friends tails, now I guess we get to finish the set."

Looking at the GM, I tell him that I'm bracing myself (the sign that I'm using my 'Immovable Object' set of powers. +PD, +ED, +Damage Red and Knockback resistance, all O DCV Concentration. It's the standard 'Hit me with your best shot' trick" I look at Devastator, smile and say, " I see. I think you'll find I am not so easily defeated. As a matter of fact, feel free to do your best, right now, if you will." I put my hands to my side and offer my chin as a target. Devastator chuckles and says "Whatever Princesess." and goes for a Haymaker. I stand still and take it.

BAMM

I smile at Devastator, having not moved an inch (it hurt though) He looks at me, stunned. I wind up, "My turn." I push my Str, put all my levels into damage, and hit him with my best Offensive Strike. I roll the dice. 1,1,1

Now our GM had a house rule regarding crits. They always do maximum result. So, I did max damage on 36d6, or 72 Body, 216 Stun, and 70' Knockback.

Mr 'Big and Bad' gets blown through an armored car, a marble statue, and a UPS truck before coming to rest halfway inside the stone wall of the Federal Building across the square. I look to the rest of the team and say, " I will only offer this once, you can surrender peacefully, or we can continue this battle." PRE attack, and with the very hefty bonus the GM gave and her naturally high PRE the rest of the villians figured discretion was the better part of valor and surrenderd.

I'll never forget the other players faces when they arrived and saw Devastator getting medical attention and Amy ordering around the rest of the baddies.

Sometimes I surprised when I forget these things...

One of my first characters was basically a misplaced giant (brick) whose arch-enemy was a wizard. Inside the wizard's castle, desperate for a weapon, he tried to do the old "pull the sword from the stone" trick and instead managed to pick up the entire stone. He then proceeded to club the wizard with it. The Wiz took 2x Stun from Magic Weapons (Since the GM never intended to give me one he felt this was a safe bet). He deemed that the enchanted sword in enchanted stone were a magic item (Probably because I was getting my butt kicked before then).

After STR, weapon, and the 2x Multiple, it came out to the equivalent of 34D6. I missed a critical by 1 on the to-hit roll (We were doing "3" means max-damage). Anyway, it was effective enough.

That PC would never have regretted annihilating the wizard, unlike my current characters. So I regret not getting the 68 BODY and 204 STUN.

Geez, mine is going to seem like minor leagues compared to most of these. It was in a 250 pt-based Dark Champions game with a 12d6 cap on standard attacks.

My character did a move through, pushing his strength and flying (the GMs eventually decided we could only push one power/ability at a time later). So we have:

10d6 STR

+8d6 for velocity

+4d6 (I think) for the pillar I was pushing the villain into.

Total was 22d6. I rolled, did a bit above average and did NOT stun the bad guy. His response was something like "I guess it's time to teach a new lesson" and pulled out his linked AP RKAs (hand guns) and shot my character in the head, killing him. It was the first night the GM gave the villain Dmg Red, too. :straight:

The other would just have to be a 4d6 RKA called shot to the head of Durak. It either dazed him or ko'd him (can't remember which) and Eurostar called a retreat. I so wish I had aimed for Fiacho instead. Oh well.

The biggest hit against a villain in the game I'm running currently was when the team brick hit Dr. Destroyer with a pushed Move-Through that ended up at 21 1/2 d6 with Double Knockback. The player rolled well on top of it, resulting in 45" of Knockback, putting Destroyer through two DEF 14 BODY 6 walls, for two extra hits of 20d6 each. Since he had single-digit STUN left at the time, this left him thoroughly Knocked Out....

Long time ago, our GM ran us through the VOICE module (great adventure by the way) and we wound up throwing a few of the villains off the top floor of a skyscraper (the OilCo building) so most of the villains we did this to took 30d6 damage.

Not sure, but I vaguely remember some of the other characters (who were flying or clinging their way up to the top) taking shots at the villains while they fell.

I think our characters weren't strong on CVKs or we were scared of the villains or we were being munchkins or a combination of all three.

Four of the most powerful attacks occurred within one episode. An alien discovered his hated enemy had an heir on Earth. Consumed by vengence for having been imprisoned in another dimension by a past member of the royal family, he escaped. His name was Kain and sought the hero's death. Kain was in our campaign a Class A1 villain, the highest rating available for dangerousness. Kain would have easily defeated anyone in CKC. He was overwhelmingly powerful. After all, who would take seriously a villain rumored to have virtually unlimited power only to be KO'd by a hero with 50 STR doing a pushed haymaker?

Kain decided he wasn't satisfied with only the hero's death. He wanted to kill off the entire family line so he went into the past to kill the hero's mom. The heros followed after discovering the temporal abnormalities, arriving a few days before Kain. The build-up was great as clues were uncovered about who would be arriving. :fear: The whole atmosphere was perfect and the dice seemed to agree, as you'll see. The hero got to meet his mom while she was a highschool girl, which was touching. Eventually the bad guy arrived and the build-up was great so that the heroes were gravely concerned and the players on the edge of their seats. The bad guy warps them all to a battlefield in a dimensional rift and the battle begins! Just as the bad guy moves to kill the heroes' mom, he leaps at Kain from above with a 7D6 KA doing 35 Body and 175 Stun. :jawdrop: Kain was injured and angered (not out and not stunned). The hero barely manages to dodge the counter-attack. He attacks Kain again with 7D6 KA doing 30 Body and 150 Stun. Kain is injured again. Now, he's furious (again, not out, not stunned). They barely survived the retaliatory attacks. Later a different hero, friend of the royal hero, attacks and pushes - 24 KA on Kain (a good dice roll). On the outside of the dimensional rift, a different friend of the hero draws forth the Dimensional Cannon, a weapon strong enough to destroy a small planet. The heroes start to sweat as the countdown begins before it fires. They barely made it out in time followed by Kain who is hit by the Dimensional Cannon for 128D6. Kain is finally killed.