Need "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" Stats

Merlin273

I want to make a Hercules: TLJ-like character for my Champions Fantasy campaign and I'd like to ask if there are any fans of the Kevin Sorbo series who could give me an idea on what his characteristics might look like if he was converted to the Hero system.

I'm thinking his Str might be around 30 with a Con of 23. If anyone could give me some benchmarks to shoot for and work with, that would be cool.

Thanks.

Re: Need "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" Stats

I think the stats you listed are pretty on target ... I might even give him a few cinematic brick tricks like wrapping people up and maybe some kind of catapult trick. I think some levels in HtH combat would also be a plus ... maybe a brawling martial art ...

Well, he did stop a club that was being swung by a 12'-15' giant. I would up the strength to 35 or 40.

Max out his speed and PD to whatever you think is tops.

Since people go flying all over when he hits them, I'd give him increased knock back or maybe all heroes automatically get this when fighting mooks since some other main characters do this.

Acrobatics

Combat levels, seems to know all weapons

Can catch arrows and javelins so missile deflection.

That should get you going.

The show was very inconsistent when it came to Herc's strength level. So you could pretty much pick any superhuman strength level and justify it with an episode. As an average, I'd say that strength 30-35 and con of 23-25 sound reasonable.

Don't forget combat luck, since he never wears armor.

The show was very inconsistent when it came to Herc's strength level. So you could pretty much pick any superhuman strength level and justify it with an episode. As an average, I'd say that strength 30-35 and con of 23-25 sound reasonable.

Don't forget combat luck, since he never wears armor.

You would want a decent amount of regular PD also. He has been thrown into walls by Aries and wacked by swinging log traps and gotten up from them, and combat luck just doesn't explain that type of durability.

With all due respect to Beetle, Herc's strength was generally depicted on the high side though I agree that it was hardly consistent. The professional wrestling package from Ultimate Martial Arts seems appropriate for him, with a few levels for combat. He seems pretty knowledgable about his family so perhaps a KS for that would be appropriate.

Also, I'm thinking that some Damage Reduction would be quite appropriate for Herc as well. He can take the punches and the knocking about that usually results from his fights but it seems if you clobber him enough it will eventually take a toll.

Also, those armbands he wears were made by Hephestus and are indestructible. It was mentioned in an episode.

His strength seemed to steadily increase as time went on, but I'll agree was somewhat inconsistent. I'd also go with STR 40. You might say he pulled his punches so as not to hurt mooks. One Psych Lim you might give him is that he mentioned a few times that he hates using weapons, although he would pick up a sword when necessary. As mentioned, the bracers were forged by Hephaestus and he used them to block melee attacks frequently. He and Iolaus also did a lot of 'tag-team' maneuvers.

-He should have a "blood of the gods" perk. There were a number of episodes where a curse that hurts mortals didn't work on him even though he wasn't a full god.

-I'd peg his Str at 40 generally, but then give him another 20 points or so "only when pushing" to reflect the really amazing feats of Str he would sometimes attempt.

-Lots of contacts with other Greek heroes.

-I'd agree with a wrestling martial art

-High PD&ED (for a mortal), damage reduction, and combat luck.

-Disadvantages include: Psy lim - "Protects the innocent", "Dislikes weapons", "distrusts the intentions of the gods". Hunted - Aries, Hera. DNPC - rescuee of the week, Autolocous

On a slightly less straightforeward power.....

Herc needs a "magic penis" power - Every woman the Hercster slept with over the duration of the show started out as mean, shrewish, or outright malevolent and after going to bed with him they turned into saintly defenders of the innocent.

Xena, the Hind, Morrigan, His first wife... Think about it, I'm only sort of joking.

at the start he was definitly in the low 40's, and by the time he was in his later seasons he was up to the 50's, and when he became an actual god I'd give him 90 and a speed of 12.

I loved those shows. (well not young hercules, but herc and Xena were great)

With all due respect to Beetle' date=' Herc's strength was generally depicted on the high side though I agree that it was hardly consistent. [/quote']Just place all that respect over in the corner, thanks. :) On second thought, 30 is probably too low. I'd go 35-45.

On a slightly less straightforeward power.....

Herc needs a "magic penis" power - Every woman the Hercster slept with over the duration of the show started out as mean, shrewish, or outright malevolent and after going to bed with him they turned into saintly defenders of the innocent.

Xena, the Hind, Morrigan, His first wife... Think about it, I'm only sort of joking.[/Quote] You're right! I never noticed it before, but he's the ancient world's answer to James T. Kirk!

-He should have a "blood of the gods" perk. There were a number of episodes where a curse that hurts mortals didn't work on him even though he wasn't a full god.

I'd just say those powers are "Limited Target (mortals) -1/2". In an ancient Greek game this would be an appropriate Limitation.

-I'd peg his Str at 40 generally, but then give him another 20 points or so "only when pushing" to reflect the really amazing feats of Str he would sometimes attempt.

-Lots of contacts with other Greek heroes.

-I'd agree with a wrestling martial art

-High PD&ED (for a mortal), damage reduction, and combat luck.

-Disadvantages include: Psy lim - "Protects the innocent", "Dislikes weapons", "distrusts the intentions of the gods". Hunted - Aries, Hera. DNPC - rescuee of the week, Autolocous

All really good ideas.

The "magic penis" power :D I'd just ascribe to Herc being a really nice, charming guy with high PRE.

My base would be Aaron Allston's old writeup from pre-4th Edition Mythic Greece. I don't have the book in front of me, but in that Herc had 40 STR and something like 17-18 PD, and the Wrestling martial art. However, this was also the Herakles out of actual Greek myth, and he was a LOT more anti-social than the Sorbo character.

That Herakles also had the Nemean Lion-skin (Armor) and lots of levels with archery. The Sorbo Hercules I'd give Combat Luck and lots of levels, including some in All Combat with several Weapon Proficiencies- just because Herc didn't like using lethal weapons doesn't mean he wasn't trained to use them.

Has anybody mentioned that Herc has at least 10 points of Missile Deflection?

[EDIT: Yes.]

JG

• 5 years later...

Wow, talk about thread necromancy!

Here's the very incomplete 6E version.

Hey, that's a 5e export template...

also he should have a level or two of Striking Appearance. For a guy he is quite good looking and the women that he ran into seemed to agree :D