Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

The Saga of Toby Continues....

So the players ask me to run a one shot Iron Champions GM thing.

I say, fine, pick your characters, we'll start in ten minutes.

Golden Fencer starts the session reading the "Toby the Puma" book to Cybervulture's unconscious body.

Shortly thereafter, she and the other PC's are kidnapped by a group of aliens called the Justication Continuum. Think the Guardians of the Universe, only a little more ruthless.

So the characters arrive in their jungle preserve. Golden Fencer tells me that she puts the book down.

After the whole thing has been sorted out and the heroes have figured out a way to stop the youngest one, Morghuu, from blowing up two planets as an experiment, the PC's are sent home.

Shortly thereafter, two aliens of the Continuum are cleaning the preserve.

"What's this?"

"It looks like a primitive data recording device."

"A long time ago, in the mountains of the West, there lived a Puma named Toby..."

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Last night, in reference to the Wizard noting he had only one spell left, a defensive one:

"Aside from problems with premature invocation, we seem to be in good shape."

Wizard complaint that the opponent has now cast the same spell twice, both with targets failing the save, when his castings have never been successful:

"Maybe you should cast it on your teammates too."

Got a chuckle out of Vagabond's player (who is an exceptionally good sport) so I thought I'd repost this here

Goliath makes a joke about drawing out a foe by having Bengal challenge him to a wrestling match, and then stresses that he's kidding. Vagabond wonders if that's just what the villains want, but Goliath misunderstands, worrying his joke is being taken as a serious plan

"You're not thinking of encouraging that match idea?" Goliath repeats, "Again, that was a joke, a jest. Let me try this in asgardian: Twas but a voice to a whimsical fancy within mine own brow. a jest, a jape, a thing of mirth, not to be taken in somber consideration....verily." He adds.

Ok... So this happened during a D&D 4E game I played in.

Player 2 is playing a dragonborn which has an elemental breath power...

Player 2 walks into the room.

Player 1: Well if it isn't our walking oven.

Player 2: More like walking phone charger.

Player 1: Oh... Electric breath weapon. Sexy.

Got a chuckle out of Vagabond's player (who is an exceptionally good sport) so I thought I'd repost this here

Goliath makes a joke about drawing out a foe by having Bengal challenge him to a wrestling match, and then stresses that he's kidding. Vagabond wonders if that's just what the villains want, but Goliath misunderstands, worrying his joke is being taken as a serious plan

cool avatar hermit

From yesterday's D&D4 game. I'm playing an Eladrin (high-elf) wizard with a big brain and the arrogance to match. Sean is playing an unwashed half-orc barbarian named Lorin. Sean2 is playing Miari, a priestess of the goddess of love. Our goal is to try to find this lost tribe of civilized orcs...

We get jumped by a mob of angry townsfolk, led by a priest and some guards. Faladriel teleports to one side of the mob and Color Sprays the whole group, knocking everyone except the priest and the guards unconscious -- that was like 15 guys in one shot.

Faladriel: OK, I've done my part. I'm going for a drink. Try not to get killed by the three I left.

Miari: When we find these peaceful orcs, let's not kill them all. OK?

Faladriel: Certainly. I require only one or two to dissect. The rest are welcome to go about their lives in peace. :eg:

The party doesn't see things the way the Elf does...

Faladriel: Come on people! Use your brains! I know you all have one... ...well, I know most of you have one!

We meet the orcs, but the first encounter doesn't go well:

Lorin: (stammering) We've come to... we've come in... we're here to...

Faladriel: Oh, look! It's trying to talk; almost like it thinks it's people!

The orcs don't really want to talk to the elf...

Orc priestess: Our business is not with you, ugly-one!

Faladriel: Ugly? I'll have you know among my people, I'm considered quite handsome and/or pretty (depending on which gender I actually am). ;)

(due to an error in the charsheet generator, Faladriel's gender was listed as "0" on his sheet). :lol:

Last night's Champions game, each hero is doing individual stuff.

Serendipity is accompanying an UNTIL supervillain prisoner transport that is then attacked by VIPER. (She has luck powers, BTW.) A Mech-VIPER landed on the transport roof, and she tried giving it some "gremlins" (Dispel one Technology power), but it didn't work.

UNTIL Agent: So, have you gotten rid of it yet?

Serendipity: I'M WORKING ON IT! You want to switch places?

UNTIL Agent: Uh, no, thanks, I'm good.

Serendipity finally managed to Dispel the engines of both VIPER fighter craft, then the Mech VIPER's Strength (so it couldn't hold on any longer), then the engines on the VIPER transport craft that dropped off the Mech-VIPER.

Serendipity: Okay, that's the last of them.

UNTIL Agent: I don't know how the heck she did it. Near as I can tell, all she did was glare at them and they dropped out of the sky.

- - - - - - - - -

Styx was asked by the FBI to help protect a witness.

Agent Meyer: We have him in protective custody at a safe house...

Styx: Oh, he is soooo dead...

Two hired hitmen (Doubletap and the Hong Kong Kid, stolen adapted from another game system) show up, but Styx spots the Kid hiding behind a tree in the back yard. He leaps over and tries to kick the Kid... and rolls a critical failure.

GM: You kicked the tree hard enough to break it, and the upper half falls aside.

Styx: (Looking at the Kid) And if you don't give up, that's what's gonna happen to you!

Hopefully more to come.

Last night's Champions game, each hero is doing individual stuff.

- - - - - - - - -

Styx was asked by the FBI to help protect a witness.

Agent Meyer: We have him in protective custody at a safe house...

Styx: Oh, he is soooo dead...

Two hired hitmen (Doubletap and the Hong Kong Kid, stolen adapted from another game system) show up, but Styx spots the Kid hiding behind a tree in the back yard. He leaps over and tries to kick the Kid... and rolls a critical failure.

GM: You kicked the tree hard enough to break it, and the upper half falls aside.

Styx: (Looking at the Kid) And if you don't give up, that's what's gonna happen to you!

Hopefully more to come.

I'd say that would be a pretty effective presence attack!

(Doubletap and the Hong Kong Kid' date=' [strike']stolen[/strike] adapted from another game system)
I long ago took to calling it that other game. Great material, crappy system that hasn't seen any serious updating for 25 years! But yeah, I use a LOT of their stuff in my games.

From a recent Pathfinder campaign session:

---------------

Metrion the Black; the Wizard (OOC): Just stare at the ceiling, and think of the Prestige Class :sneaky:

----------

Varga the Barbarienne: Thats NOT what Mage Hand was originalyl invented for! :help:

------------

Metrion: Its a good thing they taught me Remove Stain right after my voice broke.

------------------

Metrion (OOC): Metrion is thinking of changing his name from "Metrion the Black" to "Metrion the Leather-Daddy"

------------------

Chyra the Gothy Sorcoress (OOC): Chyra dances back away from the walking dead, casting Mage Armor on herself. And she thinks the zombies are kind of cool! :celebrate

------------------

GM: What do you do this round?

Varga the Barbarienne (OOC): Foam. Rend. Repeat.

------------------

Metrion (OOC): You can tell that [our GM] is not [someone else we know that we dont game with anymore], because you dont hear the howling of Damned Souls whenever he opens his mouth to speak!

-------------

GM: As the Kobold distracts Varga, a small figure moves up behind her...

Chyra (OOC): "Two Dollars! CASH!"

--------------

Chyra (OOC): She jumps up and wriggles out of her bedroll when she Zombies break in. She sleeps naked, so you can all see her new tattoo on the inside of her hip :)

Rhiannion (OOC): Ill grab my shield and sword as soon as I can.

Im wearing a "come fang me" nightgown. My character is blonde and innocent-looking, in a "save the cheerleader" kind of way, so it seemed appropriate.

Metrion (OOC): :nonp:

GM: The ZOmbies attack! [combat ensues] Okay, the one Rhiannon is fighting manages to rake her with its claws, shredding her nightgown! Shes now naked too!

Metrion (OOC): ...I hate you all! :P

----------------

Guard Captain: All right, tell me what happened here.

Metrion (OOC): Metrion makes a full report. "And theres this tattoo....right on the inside of her hip".... :love:

From a recent Pathfinder campaign session:

Varga the Barbarienne: Thats NOT what Mage Hand was originalyl invented for!

Funnily enough, I recently played Fantasy Hero with a guy who was kind of irritating. He played a smarmy elf rogue, and hit on the mayor's slimmer daughter. My mage may be a pervert (he's a furry who uses the polymorph spell to spend most of his time in the shape of a fox, and chases after butterflies. It was a very characterful game.) but he knows when to back off. Since the Elf wasn't getting the hint to back off, I ducked around the door, excusing myself as though going to the bathroom, then cast a silent mage hand-ish spell to make the mayor's daughter feel like she'd just had her left breast groped. Since the Elf was sat on her left on the bench, she finally got the courage to slap him and have him thrown out of the Mayor's house. Then I stroll in, get told what a jerk my friend has been, apologise for the company that destiny has forced me to keep, and have a nice meal with a long conversation on romance and music with the Mayor's plumper daughter. And, as some of you might remember, my character has a 'thing' for the larger ladies. He was technically appointed Town Wizard, so he has an excuse to return regularly and see her, but he never made the mistake of bringing the Elf back. He plans to make her one of his wives next year, and she's quite understanding about the whole 'polygamy' thing.

Guest Major Tom

Funnily enough' date=' I recently played Fantasy Hero with a guy who was kind of irritating. He played a smarmy elf rogue, and hit on the mayor's slimmer daughter. My mage may be a pervert (he's a furry who uses the polymorph spell to spend most of his time in the shape of a fox, and chases after butterflies. It was a very characterful game.) but he knows when to back off. Since the Elf wasn't getting the hint to back off, I ducked around the door, excusing myself as though going to the bathroom, then cast a silent mage hand-ish spell to make the mayor's daughter feel like she'd just had her left breast groped. Since the Elf was sat on her left on the bench, she finally got the courage to slap him and have him thrown out of the Mayor's house. Then I stroll in, get told what a jerk my friend has been, apologise for the company that destiny has forced me to keep, and have a nice meal with a long conversation on romance and music with the Mayor's plumper daughter. And, as some of you might remember, my character has a 'thing' for the larger ladies. He was technically appointed Town Wizard, so he has an excuse to return regularly and see her, but he never made the mistake of bringing the Elf back. He plans to make her one of his wives next year, and she's quite understanding about the whole 'polygamy' thing.[/quote']

That was cruel.

Deviously brilliant, but cruel.

I bow to the Machiavelli of mages.

Major Tom :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Slow haul this week, as there was only three players present, and the usual quote taker, me, wasn't.

Bleh (the actual name of the clerics new character) runs off by himself and gets attacked by a flesh golem. He screams. The rest of the party hears his scream from all directions:

"[insert girly scream here] … I'm being attacked! …. Surround screaming! … Echo!"

Naomi: I pull forth the rat from my shirt and I ....

GM: You had a rat between your boobs?

GM: Do Frankensteins need to poop?

Naomi (OOC): I want to be a Dachshundator pillow.

We uncover a new strange threat:

GM: you need "KS: the planes"

Dusty: it's a boing 747!

I dunno. A lot of the games Im in end up going that direction... :celebrate

We used to refer to that as "sweeps week". As in "oh, look, we've resolved a plotline and Character X is walking about in her undies; it must be sweeps week."

(For those not in the US, sweeps week refers to a week when tv viewership gets calculated, so the networks tend to pull out all the stops.)

We used to refer to that as "sweeps week". As in "oh, look, we've resolved a plotline and Character X is walking about in her undies; it must be sweeps week."

(For those not in the US, sweeps week refers to a week when tv viewership gets calculated, so the networks tend to pull out all the stops.)

So every episode of Kingdom City (Featuring the Skeleton Crew) aired during sweeps week?:P

So every episode of Kingdom City (Featuring the Skeleton Crew) aired during sweeps week?:P

Nah, ya'll are just a bunch of pervs.

It's ok, though. Takes one to know one ;)

(apparently my group is semi infamous for our deviant behavior, in large part thanks to some of the things said on this thread :eek: )

Nah, ya'll are just a bunch of pervs.

It's ok, though. Takes one to know one ;)

(apparently my group is semi infamous for our deviant behavior, in large part thanks to some of the things said on this thread :eek: )

Does infamous count towards my 15 minutes?