Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From my Shadowrun4 game

----------

Cast:

Bender: Male Troll Martial Artist and Alcoholic

Deklin: Male Human Hacker

Anna: Female Elven Combat Mage

----------

Background: The team has just been hired for a job in Boston. They are hatching a plan to ship their weaponry ahead of them to a hotel room that they booked in advance.

Bender (OOC): I go to the local ExFed

GM: There is a young man behind the counter.

Bender: I'm sending a parcel and I want the insurances and delivery notifications.

Young Man: So you want all the bells and whistles?

Bender: Just the bells, I don't need the whistles.

Young Man: No special orders.

Bender: How about you put on the bells and whistles and then remove the whistles?

Young Man: The whistles come with the bells. Its a package deal.

The San Diego Knights reunite in a quest for new members. Gauntlet is back in charge while Steel Thunder tries to get married by throwing the granddaddy of all martial arts tournaments.

Red Baroness: So, Gauntlet, have you considered going on tour in Europe? That would be a vacation for you.

Gauntlet: Well, they do like jazz in Germany. But what kind of guy could I really find in Germany? I'm not a gay cabaret club sort of girl. And I don't really want a dolled up blond woman in leather and a riding crop for a boyfriend.

Red Baroness: Gauntlet, all Germans are not like that.

Me OOC: Else, the phone rings.

Red Baroness: Hello?

Elsa's Girlfriend: Hey, do you want me to come over this evening? Did you forget our date? Listen, I found this really great new thing I want to try with you, and I was hoping we could get together, maybe see a show and go out to dinner.

Red Baroness: I'll see you around eight.

Around eight, a battle with the Zodiac ensues. Red Baroness finally gets back to base and her girlfriend is waiting in the bedroom.

Girlfriend: Hi, honey!

Elsa (Finally taking the armor off): Hello, Mistress.

Another one from the last D&D session:

We were in a fight with some zombies when a bunch of kobolds snuck up behind us. The leader of the kobolds shot my barbarian in the back with some magic missiles so I decided that would really cheese off my character and decied to use my rage. I turned around and charged the kobold leader, who had kobolds on either side of him.

Player: If you move there, you'll provoke attacks of opportunity.

Me: Don't care. I'm berzerk.

The San Diego Knights reunite in a quest for new members. Gauntlet is back in charge while Steel Thunder tries to get married by throwing the granddaddy of all martial arts tournaments.

Red Baroness: So, Gauntlet, have you considered going on tour in Europe? That would be a vacation for you.

Gauntlet: Well, they do like jazz in Germany. But what kind of guy could I really find in Germany? I'm not a gay cabaret club sort of girl. And I don't really want a dolled up blond woman in leather and a riding crop for a boyfriend.

Red Baroness: Gauntlet, all Germans are not like that.

I do not get it.

Is that Baroness German ?

Player writing up the forms for his multiform follower. Songbirds are -37 points before disads. Reply from another" then you can spend 102pts to get it to plus 5 pts" this led to a long discussion of what to do with the extra points. Singing 2pts worth( songbirds don' have singing) lots of skill levels. Area effect, no range, megascale. The budgie that everyone in the world hears and stops to listen to.

Then we got on to summons-

summon budgie- energy blast, area effect, no range, loyal. all the rest of 75 pts on extra birds.

Summon pigeons, incontenance 1d6(never did work out if that would be energy blast or change enviroment), one hex accurate, trigger, loud noise, uncontrolled. again rest on duplicates.

The GM now knows more things NOT to let players have.

In this week's Cthulhu game, another new PC! Who was horribly dead and dismembered and eaten and machine-gunned to bits by the end of it. By McGinty. Or at least somebody wearing McGinty's skin.

But before they went off to experience Within You, Without You ( from Unspeakable Oath Issue 1 ), there was the aftermath of last session's debacle to contend with, and McGinty's plans for refurbishing Bernie's place opposite the burnt-out ruins of Lucy's home. These plans involve, as I discovered looking at the map they prepared for me, a secret tunnel running under the road.

Looking over the map, noting the gun room, the extra secret rooms they're cunning worked into the plan, and so on... and then seeing the tunnel.

Me, GM
: I do wonder how you're going to explain all these changes to the neighbours - as far as they know you're just caretaking the place whilst Bernie is in Ind.... What.. the... hell???

McGinty and Ronsdale's players
: *
grinning
* Finally spotted it, have you? We're putting the hidden trapdoors here.

McGinty defending his moral high ground and his 'ownership' of Bernie's former home

McGinty
: Hey now, I don't go around making monsters... OK then, there was that one time

It's also a convenient place to house now-homeless investigators.

McGinty
: The house hasn't changed that much.

Prof. Engelein OOC
: It's still full of psychotics. They're just human now. Mostly.

McGinty reassures Amy Wells that the threat from last session really is over, despite the house fire

Ronsdale as McGinty
: We killed her so dead we got her soul too.

Ronsdale has had a lot to do between sessions as well - mostly, grow new skin after being at Ground Zero of the Great Salstonall Street House Fire.

Me, GM
: One reason you're so glad to be out of hospital is you won't have to listen to the Tennessee Happy Boys belting out
any more. They did rather have it on high repeat...

Ronsdale
: Only for the first week. Then radio valves went mysteriously missing, and Ronsdale's mattress got lumpier and lumpier...

New character Jack Branigan, Irish-American, investigating the house fire on behalf of the insurance company, rocks up at the house to investigate.

Given his red hair and almost stereotypical outfit, McGinty assumes he's a messenger from his occasional mob-boss employer and invites him in.

McGinty
: Come in, come in, sit yourself down, want a drink?
*proffers bottle*

Jack Brannigan
: That's OK sir, I've got my own

McGinty
: So, what I do you for?

Jack Brannigan
: I'm just here to ask some questi-

McGinty
:
*points at door*
Get the f*** out.

Jack, later accepted into the party, is somewhat puzzled when Paddy & the rest prepare to investigate a 200 year-old mystery whilst loaded for bear.

Jack Brannigan
: Er.. hunt, do you?

McGinty
: Oh, sure. Deer, elephants - whatever you've got.

Plot ensues, investigations commence, and churning over of jailhouse records proceeds. Paddy confirms that the town drunk in lockup really is what he claims.

McGinty
: It says here you've only ever been put away for Drunk and Disorderly.
*proffers hand*
Welcome to the team.

Intimidating hostile witnesses.

McGinty
: And if you grow another head I'll put a bullet in that one too.

But by the next afternoon, after events have gone from farcial to horrifying, we get exchanges like the following. Admittedly, they might only make sense if you've experienced the module, but I still enjoyed the reactions from my players.

Me, GM
: As your sleigh pulls up outside, you can hear assorted weeping, horrified shouting, and obscenities from inside.

Ronsdale
: Crapsticks. What happened?

Me, GM
: Buttercup came back.

Ronsdale
: What? Oh. Oh, GOD!
:shock:

shortly followed by

Ronsdale
: I'm throwing a blanket over the... remains. Help me get it outside. Grab a leg.

Prof. Engeleins
:
*somewhat hysterical*
Which one? It's got six!

Defending a Manorhouse from Several Hundred Kobolds. The players are slightly bitter about this, to put it mildly.

Rumbaba the Goblin OOC
: We're first level adventurers! We should not be refighting the Battle of Helm's Deep!

Rumbaba the Goblin OOC
: At least we're doing better than the Fellowship. So far.

Rumbaba the Goblin
: You know, when there were those omens at my birth that I would one day achieve a great destiny, I never once thought that that destiny would be Died Horribly Fighting Against Overwhelming Odds

Murray, GM
: Will someone please write on the map THE ENEMIES ARE KOBOLDS because we all keep saying it's goblins.

Rumbaba the Goblin
: And that's racist

Murray, GM
: See that large, approaching comet? And see the drakes saying 'oh no, not again?'

Rumbaba the Goblin
:
*Shouted to the approaching hordes*
If this is about this morning I assure you it was self-defence!
True, I jumped out of a ditch and hamstrung him from ankle to hip, but I'm not going to tell
them
that.

Al the Wizard
: So you don't want to be Samson?

Murray, GM
: Why not, it was a great act. He brought the house down.

Murray, GM
: ... and their claws crackle with lightning.

Gae-el Aukana the Goliath
: Oh, this is going to be shocking

Justifying why a druid would know rope tricks

Al the Wizard
: Rope used to be vegetation.

Rumbaba the Goblin
: Unless you weave it from back hair.

Hope the Tiefling Paladin's player
: Can I reroll those, because they suck so very badly?

Al the Wizard's player
: Only if you can make your CON GM roll.

Watching the distressingly organised approach of the Kobolds philosophically

Rumbaba the Goblin
: I suppose it's appropriate that reptilian species would use a Tortoise Formation...

Rumbaba the Goblin
: Just as well they're reptiles. Not even a Kobold mother would want to breastfeed something that looks like THAT

Murray, GM
: .. and Group F is the Drakes.

Al the Wizard OOC
: Ah, now we know why it's Group F. They're all called Francis.

Rumbaba the Goblin OOC
: If you see anybody doing an Olympic Torch Run -
KILL THEM

As it happens, they didn't need to - the kobold with the petard lit the fuse himself after glueing it to the doors...

Rumbaba the Goblin
: The sulphurous smell of the burning blackpowder bomb is making [the Tiefling] quite homesick...

Game, and possibly campaign, ended with a log jam around the remains of the front doors, and a third of the kobolds smashing in the currently undefended side door...

Cast of characters:

Volt – 67 year old electricity/magnetism user

Disarray – mentalist with strong tk

Olorin – goofball mage (Vpp)

Black Tiger – Somewhat grim and suspicious martial artist

Silver Swirl – dimensional powers

While fighting some robot having difficulty due to few killing attacks.

All in character.

Disarray to Volt: “Grab one leg with magnetism and I’ll grab another. Pull apart.”- Pause- “Make a wish.”

After a bit, Volt rips a leg off at the knee and Disarray rips the other off at the hip.

Disarray: “I win! I get my wish!”

Later they find a surveillance device that looks and acts like a fly.

Olorin: “Well what do you know. A fly.”

Black Tiger: “Don’t say it.”

Olorin: “An insect spying device.”

BT : “Don’t say it!”

O: “It’s..”

BT : “Don’t say it!!!”

O: “… a bug.”

BT: “He said it anyway.”

During this whole scenario, children were being targeted in order to spread a fatal disease. Disarray has a complication about children being hurt.

Disarray : “When I find the guy behind this he’s going to pay. I’ve heard dragging through a cactus patch naked is a good start.”

Olorin : “Followed by a salt water bath.”

Disarray: “Or an alcohol bath.”

Silver Swirl : “I could send him to my dimension. Trouble is, he might be one of the ones that are immune.”

(Note: SS’s dimension causes pain for almost all in it. SS was immune before she gained her powers, now she’s more sensitive than normal.”

Baron is just a title.

So it is like she calls herself the red Duchess.

During War World 1 the German had a flying Ace nicknamed The Red Baron. Hence the super hero name Red Baroness. If you are a Peanuts fan...that was who Snoopy was hunting during the Halloween special...This personm existed...googgle him.

Yes the character is German...yes she is related to the Red Baron and took her super hero ID after her ancestor(well it is a little bit more complicated than it...but it is a comic book super heroes...it is always more complicated that that).

During War World 1 the German had a flying Ace nicknamed The Red Baron. Hence the super hero name Red Baroness. If you are a Peanuts fan...that was who Snoopy was hunting during the Halloween special...This personm existed...googgle him.

Yes the character is German...yes she is related to the Red Baron and took her super hero ID after her ancestor(well it is a little bit more complicated than it...but it is a comic book super heroes...it is always more complicated that that).

Funnily enough, I'm sort of related to the Red Baron (Manfred von Richtofen, to use his proper name). Very indirectly, via marriage.

Funnily enough' date=' I'm sort of related to the Red Baron (Manfred von Richtofen, to use his proper name). Very indirectly, via marriage.[/quote']

That is very cool. I could not remember his actual name. I don't know if he had any children...but I do know his brother did...I read a couple of books on him years ago as research for this character...but memory has gone a little dim on the subject.

Quote Prestige: During War World 1 the German had a flying Ace nicknamed The Red Baron. Hence the super hero name Red Baroness. If you are a Peanuts fan...that was who Snoopy was hunting during the Halloween special...This personm existed...googgle him.

Being German ....I knew that.

(But thanks anyway.)

Being German ....I knew that.

(But thanks anyway.)

I did not mean to be insulting....it was the connection was obvious to me...but then again since it is my character it would be. Also frustatingly enough I run accross alot people who don't know anything about history...I just generaly assume a lack of knowledge on other people parts I do sometimes get a little lecturely.

Teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign is back after a couple weeks hiatus. I was a little under the weather so I probably didn't catch all the best quotes...but here's what I can offer.

---

Characters:

Lady Isobelle Hawthorne: Noblewoman and duelist hand-picked to be the local Baron's captain-of-the-guard. Has a bloodthirsty streak.

Quion Rake: A taciturn and intense magician and alchemist turned humble clerk. Also in the service of the local Baron.

Damien Wrathchild: A man of mystery and cunning hiding from a dark secret from his past. Rumored to be the Baron's spymaster.

Lieutenant Niamh O’Derry: Professional warrior serving as an officer in the Apotic Corps of the Draconians - the kingdom's elite police force.

Wythri Majaera: Elven sage-in-training and spellcaster (secretly a Wild Mage).

---

The Baron of Foxton steps into Quion's office to speak to the alchemist for the first time...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): Are you eating pickles?

Isobelle (OOC): Best intro line ever.

A simple task for an insane wild mage...

Wythri: I've decided that thinking makes me panic...so I going to stop.

A comment on the local loremaster's natural tidiness...

Isobelle: He's a sage...which makes him effectively a woman.

The sage Eldamoth has gone missing and the party is searching for him...

Damien: Has anyone bothered checking the privy? He is an old man...

While questioning a local crazy woman, Damien displays an unnerving ability to understand and direct the random ramblings...

Wythri: Are you trying to take Master Rake's place on the creepy scale?

Damien: Sometimes you have to talk nuts with nuts.

A comment on Damien's cutting wit...

Isobelle: Master Wrathchild, you're the only person I know that can inflict blunt trauma with a sentence.

During a discussion about defending an accused murderer, Quion lists a series of crimes that that the man could have been accused of...

Wythri: So the defense depends on the idea that "it could have been worse?"

Quion is not known for excessive displays of emotion...

Wythri: If you added more emotion and inflection to your voice, you could work your way up to deadpan.

Following the first night of investigations...

GM: What are you going to do for the rest of the night?

Isobelle: I think I'll get in some weapons practice.

Damien: I think I'll join you.

Wythri: I'm going to get some sleep.

Quion: I'll be melting the kitchen.

And for those who remember the slightly unbalanced Draconians, here's a random bit of conversation overheard at the guardhouse speaking of the Lady Hawthorne...

Sgt. Will: The problem with wearing all those clothes is it takes so long to get them off.

Officer Uri Barechest: Naw, it's easy. You just hike it all up and tie it off!

Officer Candor Silverstone: You are the soul of romance, Barechest.

Trainee James Jameson: More like the intestines of romance.

---

More (I'm certain) to come.

Lonewalker

The San Diego Knights return from their battle with the Zodiac only to discover that the villains have given their AI's a virus and blown a hole in their base two stories high. After covering the whole thing with a tarp, they try and recruit new members by putting an ad in the local paper.

So, first, the Rat Man arrives. Deciding that he should not use the door, he sneaks up to the tarp invisibly and moves inside. Regrettably, the base has a cat, who easily detected him. (Oops)

So the characters interview him, and this character named Auron shows up to try and see the Spear of Destiny, which the Zodiac was trying to steal. After failing to pretend to be normal in the Danger Room, and being tricked by Red Baroness, an argument ensues.

Gauntlet: So what's your name?

Auron: We are Auron.

Gauntlet: You broke into our base. Give me one reason why I shouldn't call the police?

Auron: Well, at least I used the door downstairs. There's a big tarpaulin up there, but what idiot would try to use that?

The Rat Man: It was I!

Gauntlet: Listen, Auron. I'm not well disposed towards intruders, especially given the last set of intruders. And no, you can't see the spear of destiny.

Auron: Why not? Everyone else here has!

Gauntlet: Obviously, someone left the "M" off the front of your name.

Here's a couple of qoutes from the Defenders Congregate! game last night.

Nighthawk: I don't know morse code.

Fantastic Man: WHAAAT! You can talk to me in atlantean, but you can't send a simple morse code message?

The Defenders are facing off against a powered armor Meglomaniac in the antartic when he begins to start to monologue.

Apocolypse: Do you know how many coincidences it took for Shirak the Destructor to be thrown clear of the destruction of Lemuria, drift throught the ocean undamaged for centuries before finding its way here to be completely incased in ice?

Rampant Lion: Ummm.....three?

Yar's Cosmic Supers Game

In which 6 700-point PCs save the Earth from an alien invasion.

(It's basically an excuse to learn the ins and outs of 6E combat and toss around lots of dice.)

The Cast:

Sidewinder -- power-armor and lots of weapons

StarPower -- fire-using pop-singer

Gravitas -- gravity manipulator

Quantum Girl -- size changer, can go from a few inches in height to 100'

Bedlam -- the Absorbing Man meets Plastic Man meets Elemento

Force Majure -- basically Ultra Boy

Due to various issues, Bedlam's player remained stuck in either Bagdad or somewhere in Kuwait, and Quantum Girl's player had to bow out of the last session. Also, I didn't do as much writing down of quotes as I was pretty busy smashing alien invaders and stomping the super villain.

Force Majure explains how he intends to take out the bad guys before the game actually starts (OOC): "Browning [the master mind behind all of this] has forgotten about two things: me and Godzilla. And I'm going to wake-up Godzilla."

StarPower: "If I were mind controlled, would I do this?"

StarPower to the GM: "I open my top and flash the JSDF soldiers."

The GM: **Is Boggled**

The GM: "You just rolled a success on your 'detect hypocrite.'"

Sidewinder, as Jeff Stryker, CEO of an analog to Stark Industries, makes a big speech about only a metahuman can properly pilot Sidewinder's powered armor, and since Browning is piloting a stolen version of Sidewinder's armor, that means metahuman-hating Browning must be one too. This if followed by:

Sidewinder: "Well, you know that Jeff's flying [sidewinder's armor] and... oh ****."

Yes, Sidewinder realizes that he just blew his SID in front of everyone!

The GM's die rolling gets to the point where he declares any 20d6 attack that comes up with five or more "1s" to be a miss. Also, he gets the following on 20d6:

58 STUN, 19 BODY and 52 STUN, 15 BODY.

Ok this is one from the DH game I play in. mentioned it a few times before...anyway I was GMing a one shot idea I had. Pretty the PCs went to investigate a planet that was recently rediscovered and had sunked back to black powder tech. They were sent prett much because there was evidence of Chaos on the planet.( Actualy it was a Scooby Doo plot with assassins from a rival Inquisitor using it to ambush the team)

Anyway the party split up to look for clues...two went in covertly(as hunters as the 'chaos' creature could have been a wild animal...two went in overtly.

The two covert guys went into a bar...

Cast : Quinn...that psychotic assassin...no social skills

Pangarosos(sp?): A Meticallien Gun City Scum...really good w/ pistols....lots of social skills...

Quinn:OOG: my character walks up to the oldest looking miner in the bar and slap down 7 throwns on the table and stares at him.

Old Miner: You want that bar across town...we don't do that kinda of thing here, son.

Pangarosos: Sigh...(thought bubble): Why I am always stuck on covert missions with people who don't know the meaning of covert...