Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Uh oh. <> <.< ^.^ v.v >.>

Oh, come now -- do you honestly think that Drhoz would leave anything

that would scream "TRAP!" where you could find it?

Odds are, he'll get you with a gift-wrapped edition of The Necronomicon

for Bunnehs (:ugly:), or maybe even a weird-looking puzzle box (:shock:) (just

make sure you've got a flamethrower or a good pair of bolt-cutters handy

when you open either of them up).

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

In teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign - Chronicles of Foxton - we're taking a break from our usual 'respectable' characters and playing a group of professional monster hunters (re: Adventurers) that are in town to help slay the Chimera that's been terrorizing the province.

---

The Deadly Seven

Errol Wanderfar: A Goodfellow Hobbit, battle wizard, and team leader. Very dedicated to making the team work.

Brictius the Gray: Gray Elfin Preliator (spearfighter) from Pasion. Cool and collected with only a hint of superior snoot.

Tatiana: Green Elfin Jill also from Pasion. Mistress of the hand axe, the swift attack, and the inability to sit still and shut up.

Benedikt: Human Seeker (priest of the Cold Gods). Pragmatic, aggressive 'worshipper' for Cromm - god of war and strength.

Randall Stowes: Human Warrior from Demoria. Academy trained swordsman and budding knight. Strong-armed but slow thinking.

Keinan Murdoch: Human Warden (holy warrior of Adrom - Druidic god of the hunt) from Nekia. Expert archer and tracker.

Brandwyn Wright: Human Taleweaver from Demoria. Bright, cheerful, friendly, and wondering why she's with this group of misfits.

---

As the party heads toward Foxton, Tatiana keeps bounding hither and yon about the path...

Benedikt: We keep her on leash now, yes?

Keinan: No, we're hoping she'll get lost.

Just inside the boundaries of Foxton, the party meets with more travelers, mostly religious pilgrims...

NPC: We figured you were either Monster Hunters or bandits. We don't have anything to steal.

Keinan: Sounds like we're Monster Hunters then!

Random comment as the party heads off to meet the Baron of Foxton...

Randall: Now is not naked time.

Errol reminds the party to be on its best behavior for the meeting with the Baron, especially after the late night partying...

Errol: Guys, we need this job...especially after all that food and wine last night.

The party reaches the manor of the Baron of Foxton...

GM: There are a pair of guards on the gate. They are watching you all very carefully.

Tatiana (OOC): There's not other way to watch us.

Tatiana continues blathering, causing her companions to wonder about using magic to quiet her...

Benedikt: My Silence spell has no verbal component. :eg:

Randall: No, I've heard the verbal components. It goes like this: "Shut the **** up!"

During the interview with the Baron...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): So what are you qualifications?

Keinan: Well, we have no marketable skills beyond hitting things.

Still in the interview, the party is trying to get more info on the Chimera...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): We know next to nothing about the creature. But if you want, there's this 40-page report about the thing.

Keinan: I thought you said you knew nothing.

Baron Mathieu (NPC): Eh. I didn't read it.

Near the end of the interview, Tatiana has started making flirtatious eyes at the Baron...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): I think I have a shot with that Elf. :love:

Benedikt: Everyone has shot with that Elf. :straight:

The party approaches the village of Hillrose, last sighting of the Chimera. The town has a number of farm animals in pens...

Brictius: With our luck, they'll probably be were-asses.

Speaking to the Headman of the village, who is a bit leery of the party's name...

Errol: All the good names were already taken.

Randall: We tried the "Friendly Seven" but it didn't have the same feel.

After hearing about Errol's 'exploits' with both Tatiana and Brandwyn...

Randall: I think we're hunting the wrong monster.

In the night, the village is attacked by a swarm of tentacled lesser Chimera. The individual team members are each being hard-pressed by one or more monsters...

Errol: I'm going to put a nickel in this critter.

Keinan: When you're done, could you put a quarter in this one?

Benedikt: I'll take a whole dollar!

The Elves have been dashing about with hit-and-run tactics. Finally, Brictius slays one of the Chimera harassing the team's priest...

Brictius: The problem with you Humans is that you are always in such a rush.

Benedikt: Was not rush! Was eating my hand!

In the fight, Randall heads out the back door, engaging four monsters at once. Keinan and Brictius keep dashing over to help then getting called back to the front to lend aid...

Randall: I came outside and no one was here. Then everyone was here. Now no one is here again. :angst:

Errol uses magic to vanquish a Chimera that had his lower extremities...

Keinan: I thought wizard fire was supposed to come out of your hands! :nonp:

Benedikt: I am worshiping wrong God. :nonp:

After slaying or driving off the last of the Chimeras, Randall finds himself alone in a pen of frightened cattle...

Randall: Cool! I saved the cows and my @$$!

Following the battle, Randall and Keinan discover they have been poisoned. The party seeks aid from the creepy Doctor Rothbury, who cures both youths with a painful, mad scientist style alchemical concoction. Afterward, the 'good' Doctor tries to make nice...

Dr Rothbury (NPC): Would you like some cookies?

Randall: Are they full of pain and fire too? :fear:

Dr Rothbury (NPC): No, just sugar and cinnamon.

After their encounter with Doctor Rothbury, neither Keinan nor Randall sleep very well...

Keinan: It says something that we battled those hideous aberrations and our nightmares are about the creepy doctor.

Brictius: Well, hideous aberrations are our business...

During a discussion about the trials of the adventuring lifestyle...

Benedikt: This is what happens when you are trying to make a lot of money.

Keinan: And you don't want to try earning an honest living.

Part of the team hurries back to Foxton to report to the Baron that the Chimera has created more of its ilk...

Branwyn: The creature has spawned.

Baron Mathieu (NPC): Well, **** me!

Tatiana: Oo, oo! Pick me! :love:

Random comment during a battle with more Chimera spawn...

Benedikt: This fight is not clothing optional.

Errol puffs up his bravado as the lesser Chimera press their advantage...

Errol: No employee of mine is going to get roughed up by a tentacle monster!

Kienan: Did Randall and I get fired or something yesterday?

Making a comment about the 'divine benevolence' of the god Cromm...

Kienan: There's something wrong with a God that grants bonuses for attacking his own priests.

Another random in-battle comment...

Benedikt: We are NOT crowd-surfing the chimeras!

In the midst of combat with the 'mother' Chimera...

Errol: I'm going to use my Summon Little Monster spell...

Kienan: Errol, talking about your little monster in battle is really inappropriate.

Tatiana is an extremely swift-moving and daring combatant (re: spazz)...

Tatiana: My battle cry is "Wheee!"

After yet another poor attack roll while being pummeled by the attacking Chimera...

Benedikt: This not funny anymore, Cromm!

After Randall is struck and grabbed in Hit Location 13, the 'vitals' jokes run rampant...

Tatiana: Do I need to suck out the poison? :winkgrin:

Kienan: I've got a shot, Randall....just don't get excited!

Randall: Ladies, I apologize for what's about to happen!

Benedikt: I do not think you will be getting Laying on of Hands. :straight:

Drained from casting spells, Errol is looking for a refreshing boost...

Errol: Can i summon a water elemental with actual electrolytes in it?

Said to Briticus as the Elf rams his spear into the back of a monster...

Errol: Have you ever thought about being a proctologist?

Random comment...

Randall: Wrong two-handed sword!

---

Enjoy! I'll be posting quotes from our Pulps HERO game next.

Lonewalker

And - as promised - a selection of quotes from BunnySue's Pulps Champions campaign - Chronicles of the Agency. The Agents are continuing their new assignment in Egypt. Naturally, the usual hilarious antics ensue.

---

The Agents

The Patriot - Mild-mannered Army Captain Tom Jefferson transforms in the star-spangled powerhouse when he shouts the magic words, "By the Dawn's Early Light!" (Played by teh Bunneh)

Rocket Ranger - Aviator and inventor Brett Tucker uses his murdered uncle's advanced rocket pack and weapon gauntlets to protect the innocent. (Played by yours truly)

Clubber - Folk musician Charlie Varens uses his superhuman strength and nigh-invulnerability to defend the common, working man. (Played by our friend Ron)

Havoc - Mysterious Annabelle Leonard gained ghost and luck powers and gave up the thieving life to seek new, more worthwhile challenges. (Played by my wife Kate)

The Mighty Huntress - A blood transfusion gives mousy librarian Elsie Ashby the ability to take on a half-tiger and all-woman feline form. (Also played by teh Bunneh)

Nightwatch - Texas Ranger Jeb Kane utilizes his dark shadow powers to deal with kind of threats even Rangers cannot handle. (Played by QuerySphinx)

Artifact - World-traveling archaeologist Esther Rausch is determined to protect the unknowing public from dangerous magical devices that don't stay lost and uses some of those devices in her quest. (Played by our friend Dawn)

---

Following an ambush by a secret cult, the Agents are recruited to aid an opposing secret society. For now they just kill some time...

GM: You walk around Cairo and see the sights. No one attacks you.

All (OOC): Aww!!

While on a riverboat moving up the Nile, the Agents are attacked in the night by Arabic knifefighters! One of them sneaks into the cabin shared by Tom Jefferson and Rocket Ranger...

Capt. Tom Jefferson (OOC): I'll sneak up behind the guy and punch him.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): You could come up behind him with your gun.

Capt. Tom Jefferson (OOC): Oh, yeah, my gun!

The shadow-powered Nightwatch describes his actions...

Nightwatch (OOC): From out of the darkness comes a bolt of darkness.

Random (and obvious) comment...

Rocket Ranger: Egyptian ninjas are not normal.

When asked about covering the damage done to the riverboat during the fight...

Capt. Tom Jefferson: I am not taking responsibility for ninjas. That's not American policy.

Havoc's dice were only selectively behaving themselves...

Havoc (OOC): I can't make a Perception roll but I can really make Stealth rolls....meaning I can totally sneak up on that which I cannot see or hear.

Having entered an ancient Egyptian tomb, the Agents send Nightwatch up ahead to scout...

Nightwatch: I believe I've found some Nazis.

Rocket Ranger: Great! Save some for us. :thumbup:

In an attempt to outrun a corridor trap and open pit, Mighty Huntress picks up Rocket Ranger and goes barreling down the hallway...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): You're assuming that I'll keep quiet while being carried off by a wild catgirl. I seal off my helmet so that my language doesn't offend the ladies present.

While jumping over the pit, the Mighty Huntress and Rocket Ranger just barely make it...

Mighty Huntress: I thought you said you weighed 160lbs! :mad:

Rocket Ranger: I weigh 160lbs naked! You remember the V2 rocket strapped to my back!? :stupid:

The Agents face off with the Nazi team, led by Dr. Ernst Heilbruck, a fierce rival of Artifact...

Ernst Heilbruck (NPC): Haha! As you see, Miss Rausch, I got here first.

Artifact: But you're still here. That was a mistake. :eg:

Rocket Ranger narrowly avoids a flying Nazi soldier knocked backward by Clubber...

Rocket Ranger: I only ever need to worry about incoming artillery from my own guys.

Havoc uses her luck powers to make Patriot's attacks more effective (re: Armor-Piercing)...

Patriot: My star-spangled fists are even more star-spangly! :thumbup:

When the Mighty Huntress slashes at one of the German soldiers, her claws come away with some sort of golden wool...

Mighty Huntress: The Nazis are half-sheep? Are they Scottish?

After Rocket Ranger uses his gauntlet flamethrower to cook a group of Nazi soldiers...

Patriot: I don't have a flamethrower...so I'll just have to use my GUNS!

Mighty Huntress charges across the battlefield to attack an enemy but misses at the last minute...

Mighty Huntress: I must have run across a sunbeam.

---

Whew! All caught up!

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

In teh Bunneh's Fantasy HERO campaign - Chronicles of Foxton - we're taking a break from our usual 'respectable' characters and playing a group of professional monster hunters (re: Adventurers) that are in town to help slay the Chimera that's been terrorizing the province.

---

The Deadly Seven

Errol Wanderfar: A Goodfellow Hobbit, battle wizard, and team leader. Very dedicated to making the team work.

Brictius the Gray: Gray Elfin Preliator (spearfighter) from Pasion. Cool and collected with only a hint of superior snoot.

Tatiana: Green Elfin Jill also from Pasion. Mistress of the hand axe, the swift attack, and the inability to sit still and shut up.

Benedikt: Human Seeker (priest of the Cold Gods). Pragmatic, aggressive 'worshipper' for Cromm - god of war and strength.

Randall Stowes: Human Warrior from Demoria. Academy trained swordsman and budding knight. Strong-armed but slow thinking.

Keinan Murdoch: Human Warden (holy warrior of Adrom - Druidic god of the hunt) from Nekia. Expert archer and tracker.

Brandwyn Wright: Human Taleweaver from Demoria. Bright, cheerful, friendly, and wondering why she's with this group of misfits.

---

As the party heads toward Foxton, Tatiana keeps bounding hither and yon about the path...

Benedikt: We keep her on leash now, yes?

Keinan: No, we're hoping she'll get lost.

Just inside the boundaries of Foxton, the party meets with more travelers, mostly religious pilgrims...

NPC: We figured you were either Monster Hunters or bandits. We don't have anything to steal.

Keinan: Sounds like we're Monster Hunters then!

Random comment as the party heads off to meet the Baron of Foxton...

Randall: Now is not naked time.

Errol reminds the party to be on its best behavior for the meeting with the Baron, especially after the late night partying...

Errol: Guys, we need this job...especially after all that food and wine last night.

The party reaches the manor of the Baron of Foxton...

GM: There are a pair of guards on the gate. They are watching you all very carefully.

Tatiana (OOC): There's not other way to watch us.

Tatiana continues blathering, causing her companions to wonder about using magic to quiet her...

Benedikt: My Silence spell has no verbal component. :eg:

Randall: No, I've heard the verbal components. It goes like this: "Shut the **** up!"

During the interview with the Baron...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): So what are you qualifications?

Keinan: Well, we have no marketable skills beyond hitting things.

Still in the interview, the party is trying to get more info on the Chimera...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): We know next to nothing about the creature. But if you want, there's this 40-page report about the thing.

Keinan: I thought you said you knew nothing.

Baron Mathieu (NPC): Eh. I didn't read it.

Near the end of the interview, Tatiana has started making flirtatious eyes at the Baron...

Baron Mathieu (NPC): I think I have a shot with that Elf. :love:

Benedikt: Everyone has shot with that Elf. :straight:

The party approaches the village of Hillrose, last sighting of the Chimera. The town has a number of farm animals in pens...

Brictius: With our luck, they'll probably be were-asses.

Speaking to the Headman of the village, who is a bit leery of the party's name...

Errol: All the good names were already taken.

Randall: We tried the "Friendly Seven" but it didn't have the same feel.

After hearing about Errol's 'exploits' with both Tatiana and Brandwyn...

Randall: I think we're hunting the wrong monster.

In the night, the village is attacked by a swarm of tentacled lesser Chimera. The individual team members are each being hard-pressed by one or more monsters...

Errol: I'm going to put a nickel in this critter.

Keinan: When you're done, could you put a quarter in this one?

Benedikt: I'll take a whole dollar!

The Elves have been dashing about with hit-and-run tactics. Finally, Brictius slays one of the Chimera harassing the team's priest...

Brictius: The problem with you Humans is that you are always in such a rush.

Benedikt: Was not rush! Was eating my hand!

In the fight, Randall heads out the back door, engaging four monsters at once. Keinan and Brictius keep dashing over to help then getting called back to the front to lend aid...

Randall: I came outside and no one was here. Then everyone was here. Now no one is here again. :angst:

Errol uses magic to vanquish a Chimera that had his lower extremities...

Keinan: I thought wizard fire was supposed to come out of your hands! :nonp:

Benedikt: I am worshiping wrong God. :nonp:

After slaying or driving off the last of the Chimeras, Randall finds himself alone in a pen of frightened cattle...

Randall: Cool! I saved the cows and my @$$!

Following the battle, Randall and Keinan discover they have been poisoned. The party seeks aid from the creepy Doctor Rothbury, who cures both youths with a painful, mad scientist style alchemical concoction. Afterward, the 'good' Doctor tries to make nice...

Dr Rothbury (NPC): Would you like some cookies?

Randall: Are they full of pain and fire too? :fear:

Dr Rothbury (NPC): No, just sugar and cinnamon.

After their encounter with Doctor Rothbury, neither Keinan nor Randall sleep very well...

Keinan: It says something that we battled those hideous aberrations and our nightmares are about the creepy doctor.

Brictius: Well, hideous aberrations are our business...

During a discussion about the trials of the adventuring lifestyle...

Benedikt: This is what happens when you are trying to make a lot of money.

Keinan: And you don't want to try earning an honest living.

Part of the team hurries back to Foxton to report to the Baron that the Chimera has created more of its ilk...

Branwyn: The creature has spawned.

Baron Mathieu (NPC): Well, **** me!

Tatiana: Oo, oo! Pick me! :love:

Random comment during a battle with more Chimera spawn...

Benedikt: This fight is not clothing optional.

Errol puffs up his bravado as the lesser Chimera press their advantage...

Errol: No employee of mine is going to get roughed up by a tentacle monster!

Kienan: Did Randall and I get fired or something yesterday?

Making a comment about the 'divine benevolence' of the god Cromm...

Kienan: There's something wrong with a God that grants bonuses for attacking his own priests.

Another random in-battle comment...

Benedikt: We are NOT crowd-surfing the chimeras!

In the midst of combat with the 'mother' Chimera...

Errol: I'm going to use my Summon Little Monster spell...

Kienan: Errol, talking about your little monster in battle is really inappropriate.

Tatiana is an extremely swift-moving and daring combatant (re: spazz)...

Tatiana: My battle cry is "Wheee!"

After yet another poor attack roll while being pummeled by the attacking Chimera...

Benedikt: This not funny anymore, Cromm!

After Randall is struck and grabbed in Hit Location 13, the 'vitals' jokes run rampant...

Tatiana: Do I need to suck out the poison? :winkgrin:

Kienan: I've got a shot, Randall....just don't get excited!

Randall: Ladies, I apologize for what's about to happen!

Benedikt: I do not think you will be getting Laying on of Hands. :straight:

Drained from casting spells, Errol is looking for a refreshing boost...

Errol: Can i summon a water elemental with actual electrolytes in it?

Said to Briticus as the Elf rams his spear into the back of a monster...

Errol: Have you ever thought about being a proctologist?

Random comment...

Randall: Wrong two-handed sword!

---

Enjoy! I'll be posting quotes from our Pulps HERO game next.

Lonewalker

I think that this group has out-insaned the Order of the Stick...especially considering

that one of its members is apparently a devotee of the Almighty Johnson.

Major Tom 2009

And - as promised - a selection of quotes from BunnySue's Pulps Champions campaign - Chronicles of the Agency. The Agents are continuing their new assignment in Egypt. Naturally, the usual hilarious antics ensue.

---

The Agents

The Patriot - Mild-mannered Army Captain Tom Jefferson transforms in the star-spangled powerhouse when he shouts the magic words, "By the Dawn's Early Light!" (Played by teh Bunneh)

Rocket Ranger - Aviator and inventor Brett Tucker uses his murdered uncle's advanced rocket pack and weapon gauntlets to protect the innocent. (Played by yours truly)

Clubber - Folk musician Charlie Varens uses his superhuman strength and nigh-invulnerability to defend the common, working man. (Played by our friend Ron)

Havoc - Mysterious Annabelle Leonard gained ghost and luck powers and gave up the thieving life to seek new, more worthwhile challenges. (Played by my wife Kate)

The Mighty Huntress - A blood transfusion gives mousy librarian Elsie Ashby the ability to take on a half-tiger and all-woman feline form. (Also played by teh Bunneh)

Nightwatch - Texas Ranger Jeb Kane utilizes his dark shadow powers to deal with kind of threats even Rangers cannot handle. (Played by QuerySphinx)

Artifact - World-traveling archaeologist Esther Rausch is determined to protect the unknowing public from dangerous magical devices that don't stay lost and uses some of those devices in her quest. (Played by our friend Dawn)

---

Following an ambush by a secret cult, the Agents are recruited to aid an opposing secret society. For now they just kill some time...

GM: You walk around Cairo and see the sights. No one attacks you.

All (OOC): Aww!!

While on a riverboat moving up the Nile, the Agents are attacked in the night by Arabic knifefighters! One of them sneaks into the cabin shared by Tom Jefferson and Rocket Ranger...

Capt. Tom Jefferson (OOC): I'll sneak up behind the guy and punch him.

Rocket Ranger (OOC): You could come up behind him with your gun.

Capt. Tom Jefferson (OOC): Oh, yeah, my gun!

The shadow-powered Nightwatch describes his actions...

Nightwatch (OOC): From out of the darkness comes a bolt of darkness.

Random (and obvious) comment...

Rocket Ranger: Egyptian ninjas are not normal.

When asked about covering the damage done to the riverboat during the fight...

Capt. Tom Jefferson: I am not taking responsibility for ninjas. That's not American policy.

Havoc's dice were only selectively behaving themselves...

Havoc (OOC): I can't make a Perception roll but I can really make Stealth rolls....meaning I can totally sneak up on that which I cannot see or hear.

Having entered an ancient Egyptian tomb, the Agents send Nightwatch up ahead to scout...

Nightwatch: I believe I've found some Nazis.

Rocket Ranger: Great! Save some for us. :thumbup:

In an attempt to outrun a corridor trap and open pit, Mighty Huntress picks up Rocket Ranger and goes barreling down the hallway...

Rocket Ranger (OOC): You're assuming that I'll keep quiet while being carried off by a wild catgirl. I seal off my helmet so that my language doesn't offend the ladies present.

While jumping over the pit, the Mighty Huntress and Rocket Ranger just barely make it...

Mighty Huntress: I thought you said you weighed 160lbs! :mad:

Rocket Ranger: I weigh 160lbs naked! You remember the V2 rocket strapped to my back!? :stupid:

The Agents face off with the Nazi team, led by Dr. Ernst Heilbruck, a fierce rival of Artifact...

Ernst Heilbruck (NPC): Haha! As you see, Miss Rausch, I got here first.

Artifact: But you're still here. That was a mistake. :eg:

Rocket Ranger narrowly avoids a flying Nazi soldier knocked backward by Clubber...

Rocket Ranger: I only ever need to worry about incoming artillery from my own guys.

Havoc uses her luck powers to make Patriot's attacks more effective (re: Armor-Piercing)...

Patriot: My star-spangled fists are even more star-spangly! :thumbup:

When the Mighty Huntress slashes at one of the German soldiers, her claws come away with some sort of golden wool...

Mighty Huntress: The Nazis are half-sheep? Are they Scottish?

After Rocket Ranger uses his gauntlet flamethrower to cook a group of Nazi soldiers...

Patriot: I don't have a flamethrower...so I'll just have to use my GUNS!

Mighty Huntress charges across the battlefield to attack an enemy but misses at the last minute...

Mighty Huntress: I must have run across a sunbeam.

---

Whew! All caught up!

Enjoy!

Lonewalker

Wouldn't it have been easier (and made far more sense) for Rocket Ranger to pick

up Mighty Huntress, and fly them both down the corridor? Or did the warranty on

his rocket pack expire in the middle of the fight??

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Wouldn't it have been easier (and made far more sense) for Rocket Ranger to pick up Mighty Huntress' date=' and fly them [i']both[/i] down the corridor? Or did the warranty on his rocket pack expire in the middle of the fight??

Oh, yes, if one thinks about it - it's very logical to have Rocket Ranger do the flying. But no one has ever accused Mighty Huntress of either logic or thought. :winkgrin:

Lonewalker

D&D. Sad to say, with Al the Wizard's player off GMing for a new group, most of the quotes are from me. Ah well.

GM
: Are you going to sing the song of Arjhan's battle against the dragon?

Tarmikos
: I'm not doing the
song
, no.

Rumbaba
: What, you're going to use interpretive dance?

As it turns out, yes, yes he was.

The Feast of Corellon and simultaneous encroachment of the Feywild looms.

Rumbaba
: Buy one reality, get one free.

Tarmikos
: Hope ( party's Tiefling Paladin ) isn't here.

GM
: Yes, you're completely Hopeless

Trouble in town - Goblins from Rumbaba's estranged clan are pummelling a halfling thief senseless.

Rumbaba
: Oh good, this must be a friendly beating. They're not using edged weapons.

GM
: Yes. It's not like they caught him screwing the hexer's woman.

Rumbaba
:
*looks guilty*
Yesssss. Admittedly you only need one small knife in that case. Well, not
that
small.

Forced to intervene before his friends & his clanmembers turn on each other, Rumbaba instantly attracts all the ire of the aforementioned hexer. And the rest of the group find out why Rumbaba has been so keen to avoid his people.

Rumbaba
: Hey! Adultery takes two people, alright? Well, sometimes three. And that one time, four.

Rumbaba
: I'm sorry I slept with your woman, okay? Well, I'm sorry you found out.

GM
: The hexer is going on at some length about how he's going to cut your genitalia off, bake them into a huge sausage, and force-feed it to your father.

Rumbaba
: It's not my fault you're undersized!

Rumbaba
: You loved your woman, I loved your woman, surely we should be on the same side!

Goblin Skullcrusher
:
*explaining to the authorities*
He's an outlaw from the goblin lands, for moral crimes.

Rumbaba
: It was only a few dozen times, alright!

Goblin Skullcrusher
: He's not even a good street performer.

Rumbaba
: Hey! I managed to juggle your women pretty well!

GM
: So you all go to bed.

Rumbaba
: I go to
somebody's
bed.

Adrie
: You goblins love fighting, don't you.

Rumbaba
: Not me - I'm a lover, not a fighter.

D&D. Sad to say, with Al the Wizard's player off GMing for a new group, most of the quotes are from me. Ah well.

GM
: Are you going to sing the song of Arjhan's battle against the dragon?

Tarmikos
: I'm not doing the
song
, no.

Rumbaba
: What, you're going to use interpretive dance?

As it turns out, yes, yes he was.

The Feast of Corellon and simultaneous encroachment of the Feywild looms.

Rumbaba
: Buy one reality, get one free.

Tarmikos
: Hope ( party's Tiefling Paladin ) isn't here.

GM
: Yes, you're completely Hopeless

Trouble in town - Goblins from Rumbaba's estranged clan are pummelling a halfling thief senseless.

Rumbaba
: Oh good, this must be a friendly beating. They're not using edged weapons.

GM
: Yes. It's not like they caught him screwing the hexer's woman.

Rumbaba
:
*looks guilty*
Yesssss. Admittedly you only need one small knife in that case. Well, not
that
small.

Forced to intervene before his friends & his clanmembers turn on each other, Rumbaba instantly attracts all the ire of the aforementioned hexer. And the rest of the group find out why Rumbaba has been so keen to avoid his people.

Rumbaba
: Hey! Adultery takes two people, alright? Well, sometimes three. And that one time, four.

Rumbaba
: I'm sorry I slept with your woman, okay? Well, I'm sorry you found out.

GM
: The hexer is going on at some length about how he's going to cut your genitalia off, bake them into a huge sausage, and force-feed it to your father.

Rumbaba
: It's not my fault you're undersized!

Rumbaba
: You loved your woman, I loved your woman, surely we should be on the same side!

Goblin Skullcrusher
:
*explaining to the authorities*
He's an outlaw from the goblin lands, for moral crimes.

Rumbaba
: It was only a few dozen times, alright!

Goblin Skullcrusher
: He's not even a good street performer.

Rumbaba
: Hey! I managed to juggle your women pretty well!

GM
: So you all go to bed.

Rumbaba
: I go to
somebody's
bed.

Adrie
: You goblins love fighting, don't you.

Rumbaba
: Not me - I'm a lover, not a fighter.

Next on Mutual of Omaha's Fantasy Wild Kingdom: the most dangerous of all

fantasy wildlife -- the Goblin Horndog.

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

Oh, yes, if one thinks about it - it's very logical to have Rocket Ranger do the flying. But no one has ever accused Mighty Huntress of either logic or thought. :winkgrin:

Lonewalker

You do have a point there -- it is a bit much to expect logic and thought from

someone who's looking forward to fighting dinosaurs...in a climate where they

wouldn't live very long, what with all the snow and ice around.

Major Tom 2009 :sneaky:

Next on Mutual of Omaha's Fantasy Wild Kingdom: the most dangerous of all

fantasy wildlife -- the Goblin Horndog.

That reminds me ...

GM : Are you racially prejudiced in your affections in any way?

Rumbaba : No. Well, humanoids.

GM : Oh good, then you won't be going around seducing Gelatinous Cubes.

Rumbaba : Do Gelatinous Cubes even have gender?

That reminds me ...

GM : Are you racially prejudiced in your affections in any way?

Rumbaba : No. Well, humanoids.

GM : Oh good, then you won't be going around seducing Gelatinous Cubes.

Rumbaba : Do Gelatinous Cubes even have gender?

If Rumbaba keeps doing this stuff, he's gonna wind up on the AD&D version of

1,000 Ways to Die (:ugly:).

Major Tom 2009 :nonp:

April to July, 1924. The Descent of Various Other Boots, and Dinner Invitations.

McGinty intends to further educate his colleagues in the Mystic Arts, despite the fact they want nothing to do with the calling up of eldritch entities, the sheer lack of time to do so, and McGinty small problem of rampant substance abuse.

GM
: So you're going to teach them spells. When you're drunk.

McGinty
: I can wait until I sober up!

GM
:
*To the others*
You'll never learn the spells.

The Boston newspapers devote their front page to the capture of the Crimson Gang. As Amy discovers, this includes a large photograph of her friends, with McGinty doing muscle poses over the bound and beaten bodies of Pat Malone and the other gangsters.

Amy Wells
: *
facepalm

One conversation does come around to recreational reading. Rondale recommends HG Wells.

GM
: You won't like it. It's written by an Englishman.

McGinty
: I'm not reading that!

GM
: But England does get stomped half flat by Martian war machines.

McGinty
: So England gets fooked up? I'm going to read it right away!

Rondale
: There's got these three-legged things that go around England burning cities down...

McGinty
: Three legs? Sounds like the Irish to me!

Of course, their triumphant success has assorted consequences over subsequent months. Including a testimonial dinner hosted by the Boston Citizen's Committee, a invitation to attend the Veteran's Dining Club for McGinty & Rondale, a invitation to join the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight, and membership of the Magician's Circle for The Amazing Julius. Also thousands of begging letters, reporters nosing around, relatives coming out of the woodwork looking for cash, burglary attempts, and one lawsuit for the wrongful death of a Boston fence. Also smug Virginian sheriffs. And a plague of vampirism.

One of the horde is a Irish clergyman who makes the nearly fatal assumption that McGinty is Irish Catholic. Unluckily for him, McGinty has an Irish Wolfhound

McGinty
: Growler!
*points at the priest*
Testicles!

The lawsuit is also dealt with. By McGinty going to a prominent Boston law firm and putting them on a multi-thousand dollar retainer to deal with it, and any similar problems that might arise.

The Amazing Julius
: This may be the smartest thing McGinty has
ever done

McGinty
: Release the lawyers!

The Amazing Julius
: Lawyers! Testicles!

The plaintiff's case is eviscerated, McGinty counter-sues for defamation, and after that the two legal firms settle down for a nice lucrative four-year-long case arguing over discrepancies in the original serving of writs.

McGinty
: It's going to be the legal equivalent of the Great War. Four years of trench warfare whilst you sit at home and quaff port.

The testimonial dinner goes well, despite the speechifying. Afterwards McGinty exercises his incredible chameleonic abilities and gets involved in a discussion of political influence with the Boston elite. Leading to the alarming possibility of McGinty running for office.

GM
: You'll make a
fine
congress-critter. You can pass yourself off as a fine upstanding citizen despite being an utter ****.

His proposed platform for election. Repeal the Volstead Act.

GM
: 'A beer in every pot.'

McGinty
: Drunk people cause less crime! Because they're too inebriated to know what they're doing.

Julius
: ' I speak from long personal experience'

Guiliano does not have quite so good a time. Not least because one of the people he's talking to blames all of America's problems on immigrant Catholics. Despite an increasingly incandescent rage, he gives the bigot one last chance to STFU.

Julius
: I'm Italian and Catholic. My Parents are Italian & Catholic. My
Grandparents
were Italian and Catholic...

Bigot
baffled
* Why would you go and do a thing like that for?

Another bigot comes to visit Amy at home. Sheriff Gifford from Virginia, who by this point has proven that the investigators lied about the various deaths out at Styvesant's Folly, and probably smuggled a wanted man out of the state, and almost certainly murdered William Killferny. Luckily for Amy et al, the Powers That Be down in his part of the country are willing to let all this slide, since five visiting Yankees getting killed wouldn't do the county's reputation any good, and they didn't want no uppity Africans hanging around with their contrary ideas anyway. Other excerpts from the Sheriff's friendly warning, which left Amy gaping.

Sheriff Gifford
: Now young Billy there.. he was a good boy, a good God-fearing boy.. but he didn't have the brains the Good Lord gave an eggplant.

Sheriff Gifford
: I saw what your Irish fella did to that ****** you shot. Young Billy was lucky he didn't end up with more holes in him than a Siamese hooker.

Another problem - the young man McGinty Resurrected has been turning increasingly carnivorous, gorging himself on barely cooked bacon, pork chops, etc. And his vital signs are weird - a heartbeat of 40 a minute, blinking about once a minute at best, skin strangely coarse... McGinty, Rondale & Guiliano aren't completely surprised when the Arkham Gazette starts reporting late night attacks by a madman that goes for his victims' throats. Happily, they've already had Hal hospitalised, and it doesn't take too much to convince him to sneak into the blood bank every night instead. A temporary solution, true, but at least nobody has to die. Again.

The Amazing Julius's new magic show opens to a full house. It includes a sword cabinet trick with tommy-guns, and making McGinty and Rondale levitate out of their seats. But the latter is only because Guiliano made a very convincing simulacrum of the 'Nepalese Attack Boar' appear out of thin air.

The Veteran's Dining Club dinner is a much more solemn affair, with McGinty, Rondale and the other guests quizzed in detail about ways to improve the fitness of soldiers, and how to avoid another Great War, etc. The food's quite good too. Pork Medallions with broad beans and a nice Italian Red. The hosts seem very sincere when they say they're looking forward to having McGinty and Rondale over for another meal.

And, last of the events on their busy social schedule, initiation into the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight. Rondale declines, especially after he's told they'll be blindfolded for the ceremony, but McGinty & Guiliano are eager. For one thing, Amy's father is a member. And even if the lower levels of the lodge are an entirely secular networking and fund-raising organisation, Guiliano is certain the heart of the organisation is secretly dedicated to saving humanity from the Mythos.

McGinty
: It's just a bunch of ****heads dancing around in robes! We'll fit right in!

GM
: Yes. We all know McGinty is a noteworthy ***head.

Amy Wells
:
*nods sagely*

I think that this group has out-insaned the Order of the Stick...especially considering

that one of its members is apparently a devotee of the Almighty Johnson.

Major Tom 2009

Oh you have no idea... they're the polar opposite of the main characters. It put a new perspective on the campaign.

April to July, 1924. The Descent of Various Other Boots, and Dinner Invitations.

McGinty intends to further educate his colleagues in the Mystic Arts, despite the fact they want nothing to do with the calling up of eldritch entities, the sheer lack of time to do so, and McGinty small problem of rampant substance abuse.

GM
: So you're going to teach them spells. When you're drunk.

McGinty
: I can wait until I sober up!

GM
:
*To the others*
You'll never learn the spells.

The Boston newspapers devote their front page to the capture of the Crimson Gang. As Amy discovers, this includes a large photograph of her friends, with McGinty doing muscle poses over the bound and beaten bodies of Pat Malone and the other gangsters.

Amy Wells
facepalm

One conversation does come around to recreational reading. Rondale recommends HG Wells.

GM
: You won't like it. It's written by an Englishman.

McGinty
: I'm not reading that!

GM
: But England does get stomped half flat by Martian war machines.

McGinty
: So England gets fooked up? I'm going to read it right away!

Rondale
: There's got these three-legged things that go around England burning cities down...

McGinty
: Three legs? Sounds like the Irish to me!

Of course, their triumphant success has assorted consequences over subsequent months. Including a testimonial dinner hosted by the Boston Citizen's Committee, a invitation to attend the Veteran's Dining Club for McGinty & Rondale, a invitation to join the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight, and membership of the Magician's Circle for The Amazing Julius. Also thousands of begging letters, reporters nosing around, relatives coming out of the woodwork looking for cash, burglary attempts, and one lawsuit for the wrongful death of a Boston fence. Also smug Virginian sheriffs. And a plague of vampirism.

One of the horde is a Irish clergyman who makes the nearly fatal assumption that McGinty is Irish Catholic. Unluckily for him, McGinty has an Irish Wolfhound

McGinty
: Growler!
*points at the priest*
Testicles!

The lawsuit is also dealt with. By McGinty going to a prominent Boston law firm and putting them on a multi-thousand dollar retainer to deal with it, and any similar problems that might arise.

The Amazing Julius
: This may be the smartest thing McGinty has
ever done

McGinty
: Release the lawyers!

The Amazing Julius
: Lawyers! Testicles!

The plaintiff's case is eviscerated, McGinty counter-sues for defamation, and after that the two legal firms settle down for a nice lucrative four-year-long case arguing over discrepancies in the original serving of writs.

McGinty
: It's going to be the legal equivalent of the Great War. Four years of trench warfare whilst you sit at home and quaff port.

The testimonial dinner goes well, despite the speechifying. Afterwards McGinty exercises his incredible chameleonic abilities and gets involved in a discussion of political influence with the Boston elite. Leading to the alarming possibility of McGinty running for office.

GM
: You'll make a
fine
congress-critter. You can pass yourself off as a fine upstanding citizen despite being an utter ****.

His proposed platform for election. Repeal the Volstead Act.

GM
: 'A beer in every pot.'

McGinty
: Drunk people cause less crime! Because they're too inebriated to know what they're doing.

Julius
: ' I speak from long personal experience'

Guiliano does not have quite so good a time. Not least because one of the people he's talking to blames all of America's problems on immigrant Catholics. Despite an increasingly incandescent rage, he gives the bigot one last chance to STFU.

Julius
: I'm Italian and Catholic. My Parents are Italian & Catholic. My
Grandparents
were Italian and Catholic...

Bigot
baffled
* Why would you go and do a thing like that for?

Another bigot comes to visit Amy at home. Sheriff Gifford from Virginia, who by this point has proven that the investigators lied about the various deaths out at Styvesant's Folly, and probably smuggled a wanted man out of the state, and almost certainly murdered William Killferny. Luckily for Amy et al, the Powers That Be down in his part of the country are willing to let all this slide, since five visiting Yankees getting killed wouldn't do the county's reputation any good, and they didn't want no uppity Africans hanging around with their contrary ideas anyway. Other excerpts from the Sheriff's friendly warning, which left Amy gaping.

Sheriff Gifford
: Now young Billy there.. he was a good boy, a good God-fearing boy.. but he didn't have the brains the Good Lord gave an eggplant.

Sheriff Gifford
: I saw what your Irish fella did to that ****** you shot. Young Billy was lucky he didn't end up with more holes in him than a Siamese hooker.

Another problem - the young man McGinty Resurrected has been turning increasingly carnivorous, gorging himself on barely cooked bacon, pork chops, etc. And his vital signs are weird - a heartbeat of 40 a minute, blinking about once a minute at best, skin strangely coarse... McGinty, Rondale & Guiliano aren't completely surprised when the Arkham Gazette starts reporting late night attacks by a madman that goes for his victims' throats. Happily, they've already had Hal hospitalised, and it doesn't take too much to convince him to sneak into the blood bank every night instead. A temporary solution, true, but at least nobody has to die. Again.

The Amazing Julius's new magic show opens to a full house. It includes a sword cabinet trick with tommy-guns, and making McGinty and Rondale levitate out of their seats. But the latter is only because Guiliano made a very convincing simulacrum of the 'Nepalese Attack Boar' appear out of thin air.

The Veteran's Dining Club dinner is a much more solemn affair, with McGinty, Rondale and the other guests quizzed in detail about ways to improve the fitness of soldiers, and how to avoid another Great War, etc. The food's quite good too. Pork Medallions with broad beans and a nice Italian Red. The hosts seem very sincere when they say they're looking forward to having McGinty and Rondale over for another meal.

And, last of the events on their busy social schedule, initiation into the Hermetic Order of the Silver Twilight. Rondale declines, especially after he's told they'll be blindfolded for the ceremony, but McGinty & Guiliano are eager. For one thing, Amy's father is a member. And even if the lower levels of the lodge are an entirely secular networking and fund-raising organisation, Guiliano is certain the heart of the organisation is secretly dedicated to saving humanity from the Mythos.

McGinty
: It's just a bunch of ****heads dancing around in robes! We'll fit right in!

GM
: Yes. We all know McGinty is a noteworthy ***head.

Amy Wells
:
*nods sagely*

You know... I do believe that Growler just might be the indirect ancestor of the

dog from the K-9 films.

They do seem to share similar predispositions toward certain acts...

Major Tom 2009 :lol:

Oh' date=' yes, if one thinks about it - it's very logical to have Rocket Ranger do the flying. But no one has ever accused Mighty Huntress of either logic or thought. :winkgrin:[/quote']

Hey, it made perfect sense at the time! We were trying to be relatively stealthy so we could sneak up on the Nazis. Rocket Ranger firing off his V2 in a narrow hallway would've been heard by everyone all the way back to Cairo!

Of course, Mighty Huntress wasn't expecting him to be screaming the whole way up the corridor, so the sneaky thing didn't really work so well after all... :doi:

I've read this whole thread and it's been amazing the users that come and go. I especially miss the posts from Dr. Anomoly. But there are still incredible stories being told.

I have a question for DrHoz. I know Lancaster is currently a brain in a jar and that's why the character hasn't had any quotes in ages. Is that because the player was going to be unable to attend sessions for an extended time?

I have a question for DrHoz. I know Lancaster is currently a brain in a jar and that's why the character hasn't had any quotes in ages. Is that because the player was going to be unable to attend sessions for an extended time?

I'm afraid so, but we're still hoping he can return at some point. Although him being the brain in the jar was purely the result of him being the the last to flee Rooger's Shack, and the easiest for the flying crawdads to grab. Worked out well, character vs. RL -wise, s you can see

I'm afraid so' date=' but we're still hoping he can return at some point. Although him being the brain in the jar was purely the result of him being the the last to flee Rooger's Shack, and the easiest for the flying crawdads to grab. Worked out well, character vs. RL -wise, s you can see[/quote']

I just love when in-game events are in such perfect symmetry with the Real World™.