Poster map - Hudson City

knightofpholtus

Re: Poster map - Hudson City

Arrggghhhh!

Ah for the dashed hopes.....

This came up a while ago on another thread. The long and short of it, IIRC, was no. A polite no. But no. Good reasons. But still no. Nada. Nope.

When I saw your subject I thought you had found one or the Hero guys had changed their mind.

It's possible that we'll do a map at some point. The problem is, we have to find a way to do it for a reasonable cost. We've all been so busy that I haven't wanted to take Tina's attention away from other things, but at the appropriate time I'll have her look into some options and see what we can do. There are lots of factors to consider. :bmk:

It is a shame too. I am sure that there are several people (including me) who would be willing to spend a ridiculous amount of money to get a copy. Our group is made up of the sort of people who actually commissioned Keith Curtis to draw up a poster sized map for our Fantasy Hero campaign. That was a ridiculous amount of money but well worth it.

If Hudson City poster map is never going to be made available I wish Steve had not tormented us by flaunting his copy.

EDIT:

It's possible that we'll do a map at some point. The problem is, we have to find a way to do it for a reasonable cost. We've all been so busy that I haven't wanted to take Tina's attention away from other things, but at the appropriate time I'll have her look into some options and see what we can do. There are lots of factors to consider.

Would begging help?

How about just putting up JPEGs or PDF files? Charge a couple of bucks. I would be happy to pay for that. As it is now if I want my players to have maps of the city I will have to go to a copy place and copy them on a copier. IF PDFs or JPEGs were available I would just give you the money :) and print.

It's possible that we'll do a map at some point. The problem is' date=' we have to find a way to do it for a reasonable cost. We've all been so busy that I haven't wanted to take Tina's attention away from other things, but at the appropriate time I'll have her look into some options and see what we can do. There are lots of factors to consider. :bmk:[/quote']Let me add that if these posters become available our group will buy at least two of them. While the PDF would be OK if the poster is unfeasible, I'd still much rather see a poster. Once it's laminated it would hang on the wall in our Secret Headquarters so we can track crimes...

Similar maps for Millenium City and Vibora Bay would also be very cool. :bounce:

Well, Kinkos is pretty expensive for printing 24"x36" ($60) but for 11"x17" they are very reasonable.

11x17 on glossy stock hard laminated would cost $6.00.

If you made a pdf available formatted for 11x17 for free (yeah!) or reasonable cost that would be very worthwhile. A 600 dpi 11x17 image would be excellent. I would certainly like to see that for all of the cities.

Perhaps that would also be a great way to entice people to buy some of the other city products they haven't purchased. Charge $10 for the Champions Universe Map Pack and include Millenium, Vibora Bay, Hudson City, etc. (perhaps a Turakian Age city as well). After seeing the cool maps for these cities people might be more inclinded to purchase the city book if they haven't already.

If you want to see a picture of the sort of map we are talking about here it is. This is Steve's personal copy.

I suggest that we mount a commando raid on his house, take the map and make copies for us all.

Edsel, you are a very evil man.... I never got a chance to see the map before so it was just something I'd like to have. Now that I've seen it, it has become something I NEED!

Well, Kinkos is pretty expensive for printing 24"x36" ($60) but for 11"x17" they are very reasonable.

11x17 on glossy stock hard laminated would cost $6.00.

If you made a pdf available formatted for 11x17 for free (yeah!) or reasonable cost that would be very worthwhile. A 600 dpi 11x17 image would be excellent. I would certainly like to see that for all of the cities.

Perhaps that would also be a great way to entice people to buy some of the other city products they haven't purchased. Charge $10 for the Champions Universe Map Pack and include Millenium, Vibora Bay, Hudson City, etc. (perhaps a Turakian Age city as well). After seeing the cool maps for these cities people might be more inclinded to purchase the city book if they haven't already.

could also do a 16x20 or maybe 20x24 these would be cheaper then 24x36

• 2 weeks later...

Saw in the Hero store on Cafe Press button that there is a section of Hudson City on a poster map with Lemaster Park.

I'm trying to piece together a map using the smaller maps in the area descriptions of HCTUA, but the sizes are different and each little map has the compass rose and title on it. A work in progress.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to see a picture of the sort of map we are talking about here it is. This is Steve's personal copy.

I suggest that we mount a commando raid on his house, take the map and make copies for us all.

Is that Steve's house? :jawdrop: Judging by the chandalier in the background he's doing ok!

Clearly it's a con pic, but when I first looked at it....

Count me in on th raid on Steve's house! Of course, the problem is who gets the map once we'd grab it? . On a more serious note, I'm definitely interested in any maps that are available or would be available, so count me in if you do it, Steve.

Count me in on th raid on Steve's house! Of course' date=' the problem is who gets the map once we'd grab it? . On a more serious note, I'm definitely interested in any maps that are available or would be available, so count me in if you do it, Steve.[/quote']If we can get it I have access to a scanner that can handle it and a full color plotter that can handle upto 48" wide paper. Copies for everyone.

That is why I'd even be happy to get an electronic copy, I could print my own.:D

Sadly it looks to me as if it is going to be hard to get Mr. Long and the people at Hero very interested in producing a poster map of this size for sale. The expense vs. return does not look too good. I mean this thread has what, maybe a dozen people expressing interest and they'd need to be sure to sell many more than that to make it viable. :weep:

We're still working on it, guys, have no fear. I talked with a manufacturer/service at Origins that we may be able to get something going with to produce small runs of posters. It just remains to be seen how reliable and/or easy to work with they'll be.

We're still working on it' date=' guys, have no fear. I talked with a manufacturer/service at Origins that we may be able to get something going with to produce small runs of posters. It just remains to be seen how reliable and/or easy to work with they'll be.[/quote']

god save the conventions. Gamer networking rules