"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

A cartoon you might enjoy. Hmm' date=' what [i']would[/i] Ieyasu and Musashi Miyamoto have thought of their descendants?

http://fc77.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/100/0/f/The_Time_of_Samurai_by_ServerusTare.jpg

. . . That's how my sensei feel about manga' date=' sure enough. :D[/quote']

Now I understand why the Japanese samurai class had such a strong tendency to go for ritualized self-disembowelment.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

This is why I could never be an architect. I think the SL picture looks awful! I see a pretty building with elegant walkways and an indulgent use of open space . . . and not a whole lot of stacks of books! It looks like they built something as a work of beautiful architure and not as a means to find a book and enjoy it.

feh.

That was pretty much how I felt about the library in Seattle. The books seem like they're secondary to the whole thing, like they're an afterthought. The photo that actually shows books looks like the ceiling is looming over them, preparing to smush them.

I looked at that, and I'd swap one Seattle library for another. The new Seattle central library has a neat-looking exterior, no doubt about that. But inside it doesn't really work. The "book spiral" concept is interesting, but it's based on a mode of organization -- strict linear progression -- that is more restrictive than is really appropriate for a 21st Century library. And it's annoying having to go uphill or downhill to get to the next shelf, every time.

Instead, I'd swap in the U of Washington's Suzzallo Library.

Much better.

Flying saucers?

Nope.

Multi-layer lenticular clouds.

The Mallard, masked crimefighter and Man of Mystery, thinks it's the work of a flying sorcerer.

The Mallard is another fine products of Basil's Twisted Imagination, Incorporeal. Ask us about our low-cost, high-quality sorcerers. (Purchase of flying sorcerers involves a special surcharge.)

Re: Flying saucers?

Nope.

Multi-layer lenticular clouds.

The Mallard, masked crimefighter and Man of Mystery, thinks it's the work of a flying sorcerer.

The Mallard is another fine products of Basil's Twisted Imagination, Incorporeal. Ask us about our low-cost, high-quality sorcerers. (Purchase of flying sorcerers involves a special surcharge.)

Quick, grab a towel! It's a Vogon ship!