"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

optic_illusions_8.jpg

They had one of these at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum in Estes Park, Colorado when I was growing up. I was ten or something like that, and I was so amazed (and, to tell the truth, a little disappointed) when I was told how it worked.

• Replies 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

They had one of these at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum in Estes Park' date=' Colorado when I was growing up. I was ten or something like that, and I was so amazed (and, to tell the truth, a little disappointed) when I was told how it worked.[/quote']

There was one of these in San Diego (where I grew up) at some fair or attraction, and it took me some time to figure out how it worked. I was delighted with the cleverness.

There was one of these in San Diego (where I grew up) at some fair or attraction' date=' and it took me some time to figure out how it worked. I was delighted with the cleverness.[/quote']

Now that I know it is not a doctored photo, I think I know how they did it. Simple but really clever.

Now that I know it is not a doctored photo' date=' I think I know how they did it. Simple but really clever.[/quote']

There's a transparent tube running up the water flow, causing the water to appear to flow out of the faucet. Said tube also holds the faucet up.

They had one of these at the Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum in Estes Park' date=' Colorado when I was growing up. I was ten or something like that, and I was so amazed (and, to tell the truth, a little disappointed) when I was told how it worked.[/quote']

I first saw it at the Ripley's museum in San Francisco. As a kid I loved it. I thought I knew the trick, but when it's well done as these large ones are then they still look good. There are desktop models now too, but they look like crap.