• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Click on the photo to see the full scale, but this gives the idea.

This is part of a dime.

4566217869_bac354d173.jpg

I coupled a Canon 50mm lens reversed on the front of a Nikon 18-135mm lens. A little more macro than I actually wanted, but I can definitely put this into use for some stuff.

Need to mess with the focus a bit more as well since the depth of field is minuscule.

That's cool. Could you stop it down some (and use longer exposure or stronger light source) to help with the depth of field issue?

And what are you using for the coupling?

That's cool. Could you stop it down some (and use longer exposure or stronger light source) to help with the depth of field issue?

And what are you using for the coupling?

It's possible I could stop it down a bit, but that tends to make the photo even smaller, though I'm still playing with the options. Maybe there's a way to avoid that. That photo is 1/30 second, so upping the exposure time is certainly doable. Most macro work at this level winds up with a tiny depth of field, so not sure if I'll be able to increase it much. I have a lens that has a macro setting and when in that mode, even with my F-stop at 32, I have a depth of field around an inch.

For coupling : http://www.camerafilters.com has reversing and adapter rings. I used a 52-67 adapter, and then a 67mm reversing ring. I'm just starting to play with this and I do have a telephoto with a 52mm ring, so I may be able to couple it with the fixed 52mm. That may help with the loss of frame.

Glad to know we're not the only ones getting inconsistent weather right now :D

Bunneh's pictures aren't inconsistent Colorado weather - those are Normal Colorado Weather pictures.

At this altitude snow evaporates and melts quickly. As well as it flipping from freezing to warm-sunny-day in a couple hours. Perfectly average.

I've seen 6 inches of overnight snow disappear by noon, like it never happened.

Colorado also happens to be one of the sunniest states.

Bunneh's pictures aren't inconsistent Colorado weather - those are Normal Colorado Weather pictures.

At this altitude snow evaporates and melts quickly. As well as it flipping from freezing to warm-sunny-day in a couple hours. Perfectly average.

I've seen 6 inches of overnight snow disappear by noon, like it never happened.

Colorado also happens to be one of the sunniest states.

Yep. And I can't take a picture of it, but right now we're getting 50mph sustained winds, with up to 85mph gusts. That's near hurricane level winds -- and it's pretty typical for this time of year. It's also sunny and 60 degrees outside right now (not counting the wind factor).