Homages you would like to see officially

Hermit

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Homages you would like to see officially

Back to homage requests (man, we get sidetracked easily),,,

I would like to see a dual homage to Marvel's Freedom Force and DC's Suicide Squad. I have done this in past campaigns with existing CKC villains, but a new group built around this idea would be great.

Also, giving Gravitar or Holocaust their own Brotherhood of mutants could be useful.

How about another dual homage of the Masters of Evil and Legion of Doom? This one could even just be the primary mastermind (Baron Zemo / Lex Luthor / Gorilla Grodd) and a few key members followed by a list of relations with other solo villains.

Give me a Negative Zone type parallel dimension complete with native creatures and an other-worldly conqueror (Annhililus / Blastaar). Possibly with its own underground rebellion. Or even go New Genesis / Apokolips with this one and have two worlds in this new dimension locked in ancient conflict for control of the Negative Zone with deep seeded family ties across the worlds (maybe a good place to introduce a 5th Ed version of the Carstairs or a family like them).

That's all I have for now.

I want the Superfriends, with Wendy, Marvin, and the Wonder Twins. And I want the dog and monkey too.

I want the Legion of Doom, in a funky skull ship hidden in a Swamp.

I want Space Ghost and the Herculoids to form a team funded by Harvey Birdman, attorney at law.

And Snidely Whiplash, written up as the most powerful being in the CU.

Are there CU analogs of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne? One of my favorite creations is a character that is a total homage to Hank Pym.

Well, I'm not sure if he's ever going to be "official," although he's on the cover of Champions Universe (the little yellow-and-green winged guy). As described in Digital Hero #13, El Aguijon ("The Sting") is a clear homage to Hank Pym (shrinking insect-controlling gadgeteer), although he has his own distinctiveness. His was one of the winning writeups from the "Name The Hero" contest for fans to submit character sheets and backrounds for the previously-unnamed heroes on the CU cover. All of the winners were presented in DH 13.

All of those characters (dubbed the "Millennium City 8") were given backgrounds that clearly set them in the Champions Universe, and even a group origin story by Darren Watts IIRC in which they rescued the Champions from Mechanon.

Three other guys to join Bulldozer in the Wrecking Crew?

:D

Early in my campaign I had him team with Sledge and Piledriver, plus a home-brew character "Jackhammer" (same schtick as Piledriver, different implement) into the Wrecking Crew. Later on they were absorbed into a larger group of elemental-powered EP's and were collectively "The Masters of Disaster". :)

The Flash

There are several decent speedsters in the CU, but none of them come close to Wally West, who has simply ludicrous levels of speed. Honestly, very few of them even reach Quicksilver's levels of hyperactive insanity.

I mean, lets face it, we all accept that Kinetic is supposed to be fast enough to run up the side of a building... until you calculate it out and realize that he does so at a combat velocity of less then 30 mph :eek:

In any event, I hope that there is a new Sultan of Speed by the time the Ultimate Speedster comes out :)

Because they are the last of the "Dumb". They never represent innovation or PC ness. THey are idiots with a bit o' Power and little true leadership.

Also, doesn't Dozer have a couple of misogyny related psych lims? I think the wrecking crew is a cool idea and it would give Mountain Thunder, our team's almost obscenely strong female brick, someone to laugh at while she beat them up and called them babies.

Additionally, and spurred by another thread, how about a taskmaster/deathstroke homage? From either the super soldier able to take on a team angle or the guy who trains thugs angle.

The offical Homage I want to see?

::Clears throat and climbs upon his pedestal::

::Unrolls a massive scroll written in large flowing letters::

" Hear ye, hear ye, Let it be known that I would like THE GREEN LANTERN to take on some form in this, The Champions Universe, and the modal of him will be Kyle Rayner. "

:: And before the throwing of rotten foodstuffs and massive heavy large objects can begin, he slips into his desolidify total immunity 100 times harden alternate form.:: :nya:

:dh:

I didn't realize Kinetic was so slow. I have to look at that again.

I would like to see something like Heroes for Hire. The Luke Cage/Iron Fist version was a favorite of mine. I also liked all of their NPCs like Misty Knight and Colleen Wing. I really like the whole street level supers thing (like 4th ED Dark Champions).

On that same tip, maybe there could be a Defenders clone. An ad hoc conglomeration with changing members. I always liked weird mixed up rosters like Son of Satan on a team with Nighthawk. I also used to like the Valkyrie character a lot.

The offical Homage I want to see?

::Clears throat and climbs upon his pedestal::

::Unrolls a massive scroll written in large flowing letters::

" Hear ye, hear ye, Let it be known that I would like THE GREEN LANTERN to take on some form in this, The Champions Universe, and the modal of him will be Kyle Rayner. "

:: And before the throwing of rotten foodstuffs and massive heavy large objects can begin, he slips into his desolidify total immunity 100 times harden alternate form.:: :nya:

:dh:

There are already two Green Lantern homages in the CU: MeteroMan III [homage to Golden Age GL] and Star*Guard [homage to GLC] though only MM3 has an official write up. :)

Oh' date=' had another thought, what about the global guardians from DC?[/quote'] I'd like to second that request "Proditor" ! In fact the more "foreign" (non U S) characters that are written up in the "official" Champions Universe the more I like it ! How about "Captain Britain" or "Sunfire" while we are at it ?

Kinetik's combat movement in terms of mph is rather low end for a speedster IMO. He clocks in at only 52.2 MPH. When he runs up a wall, that velocity is cut in half due to the way moving against gravity officially works. So he jogs up a wall at about 26.1 MPH. However, I believe MitchellS has stated in the past that he uses house rules for super speed running that is based on Flight, so that bit of strangeness wouldn't necessarily apply to his games.

Regardless of the running up walls bit, in combat Kinetik is only about 15 mph faster then Defender and Iron Clad (both of whom can manage 37.2 mph for flight and leaping respectively). The Hero System Bestiary places a normal Cheetah at a top combat velocity of 70 mph, so the cat's got him beat too ;)

Kinetik also does less damage on a move through or move by then either Defender or Iron Clad would, since their combat movements are the same but the other two are much stronger. And since his defenses are lower, he tends to get hurt more doing them too. Hell, Iron Clad actually has a better chance to hit since his max hand to hand OCV is 2 pts higher. Fortunately, Kinetik can rely on Passing Strike and Passing Throw to get around quickly and still do decent damage (11d6 + Fmove with no risk of hurting himself and at a 10 OCV). Since he does get more actions then Defender or IC, he actually averages more damage in a turn then either of them IF he goes balls out. However, doing so runs him out of END in no time flat.

Kinetik's NCM and Mega movement do get him around very fast out of combat (top speeds of 835.3 mph and 26,098.8 mph respectively) however. So he does tend to get to the crime scene much quicker then any of the actual Champions, except perhaps Witchfire (depending on how you use her VPP).

Still, he ain't no Flash or Quicksilver.

Anyhow, sorry for the tangent/rant.

And doesn't Star*Guard has an official write up in Galactic Champions? Obviously not a present day hero, but the example is there.

And doesn't Star*Guard has an official write up in Galactic Champions? Obviously not a present day hero' date=' but the example is there.[/quote']

There is a C3K write-up for a Star*Guard as well as history/background of the organization. There's a silver age write up in Digital Hero of the original Earth Star*Guard [as well as Mordace, the CU's Sinestro]. No write up for the current version yet though.