A Thread for Random Videos

Super Squirrel

Re: A Thread for Random Videos

Josh came in while I was watching that yesterday. I tried to describe it when he asked what I'd just watched. At a loss, I finally just replayed it.

He liked it more than I did. I'm still going "WTF? :nonp: "

I still find it a little disturbing that they taught that little girl some of those lines...

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm stuck on. It's like the parents who laugh when a little kid swears, because it's "cute," reinforcing the behavior. When the kid gets older and repeats the words again and gets punished, it's very frustrating and puzzling for the kid.

Did I mention the 6 year old that was in the theater when we saw Grindhouse? Consider that one for a bit with regard to your statement.

My wife and I were just floored that parents would bring a child to see something like that. We had a similar experience when we saw Kill Bill 1. There were two young kids in that one also. In fact the boy, probably about 9 or 10, said "Cool!" when the chair leg with the nail was slammed into the side of the girls head. Yup, no future violent offender there...

Did I mention the 6 year old that was in the theater when we saw Grindhouse? Consider that one for a bit with regard to your statement.

My wife and I were just floored that parents would bring a child to see something like that. We had a similar experience when we saw Kill Bill 1. There were two young kids in that one also. In fact the boy, probably about 9 or 10, said "Cool!" when the chair leg with the nail was slammed into the side of the girls head. Yup, no future violent offender there...

O v O

There were kids at Pan's Labyrinth, too. Whatever happened to parents who actually, y'know, PARENT? :mad:

(I know, I know. They're out there, and I just don't notice them because their kids are behaving appropriately, and are never present where they shouldn't be.)

That is exactly what I tell my son when he tells me about his friends bragging that they saw this or that R rated movie. He is 12, for reference. I tell him that those kids have bad parents, OR bad siblings, OR most likely and hopefully they are lying. (Not saying lying is good). I add to that that he should be glad that his mother and I love him enough to make good choices for what he can and can't do.

On a related note... my son's 6th grade class are going on a week long field trip this week, and when I was talking to one of the other moms about the trip she mentioned that there was a boy in his class that apparently was caught with 3 sixth grade girls on their way to a vacant house after school, and it was discovered that they were either planning on or were previously engaged in some 'hanky panky'. Apparently all 3 of the girls had agreed to 'share' the boy. This of course means that all 4 of them are going to be closely monitored on the trip.

That is exactly what I tell my son when he tells me about his friends bragging that they saw this or that R rated movie. He is 12, for reference. I tell him that those kids have bad parents, OR bad siblings, OR most likely and hopefully they are lying. (Not saying lying is good). I add to that that he should be glad that his mother and I love him enough to make good choices for what he can and can't do.

On a related note... my son's 6th grade class are going on a week long field trip this week, and when I was talking to one of the other moms about the trip she mentioned that there was a boy in his class that apparently was caught with 3 sixth grade girls on their way to a vacant house after school, and it was discovered that they were either planning on or were previously engaged in some 'hanky panky'. Apparently all 3 of the girls had agreed to 'share' the boy. This of course means that all 4 of them are going to be closely monitored on the trip.

Good lord. And here I thought the cases of kids having sex in class (2 in the last couple of months) were disturbing enough.