CHAR: Iron Man

Enforcer84

Here's my place holder for Mr. Stark.

Powered armor is going to be easier thanks to Gadgets & Gear, but Tony himself is a bit tougher. I'm thinking an INT between 25-30. His tech skills will be 16- to 18-.

Most of the Technology INT based skills, and some sciences.

I've not read Iron Man much since Bob Layton was the art/writer. What should I know about him?

:thumbup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: CHAR: Iron Man

While brilliant he isn't as smart as Reed Richards as he himself has said. He is definitely a savant when it comes to "nanotransistor tech" though.

He has had some physical training from Cap A, so don't forget to add that in. I'm not sure how you are going to handle all his suits of armor. Just sticking with his newest?

While brilliant he isn't as smart as Reed Richards as he himself has said. He is definitely a savant when it comes to "nanotransistor tech" though.

He has had some physical training from Cap A, so don't forget to add that in. I'm not sure how you are going to handle all his suits of armor. Just sticking with his newest?

I think I'll just use something approaching "Classic" abilities with current power levels. I have a lot of tech to choose from!

The Main weapons I rememer were:

Repulsors

Unibeam

Freon Tablets

EMP

Electric Beam

Anything else?

Flight obviously

Life support doesn't need to breathe

various sensor arrays

Flood light

Armor of course

I don't recall the freon tablets as being standard, nor the electric beam.

We're sticking with modern Tony right? So no heart problem.

He's also got sonic attacks, and he's with decent regularity detatched parts of his armour to attatch to people to drain energy from them (he's done it to the Surfer and others, though the Surfer was basically sitting on his *** and whining while Tony went to do it).

Defense wise.. he's got stuff like anti telepathic defenses, anti magnetism defenses, and various other stuff.

I'd recommend int 30, since Reed would be like 40. And Tony is notably above most of his fellow comic book geniuses like Hank Pym and Dane Whitman (Dane is a bonafide inventive genius across multiple fields damnit!), but still the specific inferior of Reed Richards and Doctor Doom, who are among the smartest guys in their entire multiverse.

Oh, and you'll want something for his ocassionally trotted out "I channel all the power of my armour into a single mighty blow!" which sometimes will KTFO the Hulk, and sometimes bounce off the Silver Surfer's face (though admittedly the Surfer's more durable). And sometimes completely shut down his armour for trying it.

And give him options for area effect attacks, he does those a fair bit.

And um.. *thinks* the armour has stood up to violent re-entry, so it's likely quite buff, defense wise.

Are you aware of the fact that currently Tony Stark is the Iron Man armor?

The computer is wired directly into his brain and the armor is stored in his body via nano technology...

Are you serious? :nonp: Why? Why do they have to do stuff like that?

I would also have a high variability on his STR. I seem to recall he often "pumps all his power into a single push" and really juices up his power level. Maybe an extended Push, or even an Aid to any of his powers with extra END + some kind of Burnout on the Aided power.

Some flavor of END Reserve, of course.

Didn't he used to magnetize objects in the early days?

So when he's armored up, where do you guys place Iron Man's physical enhancements? the old Marvel Game typically gave him what I'd term a 50 Str. His Con/Body and defenses were enhanced with almost every new suit, and he could override the saftey measures to pump his STR or EB up but damaged the suit while doing this... sound right?