WWYCD if their reflection suddenly winked at them?

Robyn

Re: WWYCD if their reflection suddenly winked at them?

Meeb wouldn't even notice if his reflection was doing something differnt then himself.

Ballistic would sigh, and cast a spell to find out if the mirror was enchanted, a gateway to another dimension or something else.

Terminal Velocity would freak out, and call Jeopardy.

Blackcat would try and talk to the reflection. If it were a gateway to a mirror universe she'd try and visit. If it were just an enchanted mirror, she'd leave it. That would just be cool color for her apartment.. in extradimensional Byzantium. :)

Brain Eater Lad: He would wonder why he keeps getting up and looking at himself in the mirror. Or going to bed at night for that matter. Being a zombie means you dont have to sleep, and being a regenerating zombie you dont really have to check what you look like anymore. Its not like bits are gonna fall off. He would look at the mirror with a stupid expresion for a couple minutes, get dressed, then go down to this little german restaurant he knows about, and get a plate of scrambled pig brains. MMMMMMM Pig Brains.

My first thought would be "Ah, Through the Looking Glass. Let's see how the GM runs the classics."

Arac's reaction would be to carefully poke and prod at the mirror's surface, then search the edges to see if somebody's swapped it with a flat-screen TV or computer monitor.

Spectrum: Do a double take then take a closer look at his reflection' date=' make a few movements and gestures to make sure everything is normal and figure that it just his imagination due to morning groggyness. Or, depending on what the previous day was like, freak out and fire a light blast at the mirror.[/quote']

Anybody else getting an image of that Harpo-Groucho mirror-frame gag? :)

"The following morning' date=' as you're looking into the mirror, you see your reflection's posture subtly change to one other than your own, and it deliberately winks at you."[/quote']

As a player, I'd assume the GM was watching too many cartoons again. :P

Reinard would not be phased in the least. Sight gags like this were common in his world.

Lab Rat would freak out. This sort of thing is impossible! But he'll keep quiet about it until he can figure out what's happenning. Okay, maybe he'll talk to his other superfriends.

Kitsune would not be looking in a mirror anyway, as she would have them removed from her home. Seeing her reflection in one would force her transformation into her true form, that of a vixen. Though she would have to get going fast after the forced transformation and would not notice the wink.

Sonic Eagle would find it disconcerting, and probably assume it was just the wake-up-need-for-coffee.

Shadowhawk wouldn't care unless the reflection does something more dangerous or his girlfriend Rahne gets flattered by the winking image and he(the real deal) gets some quiet time watching the T.V. for once.:sneaky:

Slightly less powerful DNPC's are really a royal pain sometimes.:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Sable would check again, to see if his reflection again blinked, then strut out to the office.

"Hey gang, my reflection just winked at me, so I think we need to find Brainscan and tear his head off."

(Brainscan is a mentalist NPC that has a history of invading the team's dreams to provide cryptic clues. When confronted with this, he went on record saying he's not permitted to be specific. He immediately went to the near-top of "people who the team wants to tear apart" list.)

Me? I'd turn to the player with the "illusion master" character and give her the ol' icy stare, then do ditto to the GM.

My character? See if the reflection does anything else. If not (and even if so, prolly), go to HQ and tell folks the "illusion master" was up to something. When asked what, describe in detail what happened.

This isn't fully a "What would your character do?" so much as a "How would you, as a player, react when the GM told you this?":

"The following morning, as you're looking into the mirror, you see your reflection's posture subtly change to one other than your own, and it deliberately winks at you."

What would I do?

Play my character! duh.

PhaseKitty would watch to see if the "reflection" does anything else, then report it all to the rest of the team. She'd be sure it was something about Alternate Earth universes, and they seem to understand that stuff better.

I would just keep playing. Could be a joke, or a real plot. we'll see.

Dr. Damascus would check to see if he's possessed, the mirror is possessed, or if anything emanating a mystic aura ( besides the usual ). Check if the mirror is a gate, and finally if nothing else works, animate the mirror and ask it what happened.

The Paladine, if he even noticed, would give himself two thumbs up and promptly forget about it.

Bingo would go into super-detective mode, and start mundane investigations into props, illusions, holograms, etc.

Me? I'd turn to the player with the "illusion master" character and give her the ol' icy stare' date=' then do ditto to the GM.[/quote']

Sounds like my reaction. ;)

My character? See if the reflection does anything else. If not (and even if so' date=' prolly), go to HQ and tell folks the "illusion master" was up to something. When asked what, describe in detail what happened.[/quote']

My character would ask around see if anybody knows where the illusioneer is today. Try and have a "talk" with him.

Prolly have to give up, ask for help finding him. Or get the team to deal with the prob.

Vitus would give a good hard look.. and then ignore it. Ever since he found himself on Earth it's been nonstop teams of raving sociopaths, invading fairies, extradimensional scouts, Great Old Ones, super-science weapon merchants, toxic waste spills, kidnappings, bank jobs, press packs, shanghai-ings, vampire hunters, hurricanes and mostly dead wizard-lords - a mere winking mirror isn't even worth mentioning to my neighbours.

Zero would cautiously check for an actual mind... and then go lock himself in the wardrobe and quietly gibber for a while.