Good-by Speedster

Asperion

I have seen several threads dealing with ideas on how to improve this archatype or archatype tricks. Now lets reverse things. Lets try to find ways that an opponent can use to defeat some archatype. Lets start off with our faverate traveler: the speedster.

Lets put one trick per post please to make things better for everyone. These tricks could work against their weakness, turn their strength against them, or anything else that might have a chance of defeating our beloved speedster.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Good-by Speedster

Martial Throw!

All the penalties of a successful move-by without any of the benefits. :D You just hold an action until Mr. Flash Wannabe comes zooming towards you at, oh, 30"/turn... and that translates into a nice neat +6d6 damage on top of your strength, bonus DC, and maneuver.

And if you happen to be in front of a large wall... well, he really ought to know better. ;)

Off the top of my head...

A Brick with this:

Reflexive Clothesline: HA +8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action to reset; When a foe moves through a hex in your HTH range; +3/4) (70 Active Points); Only to deal up to STR+v/5 dice of damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

Brick tactic -- Dodge This! (Multiple hex object flyswatter technique)

Energy Projector tactic -- What Ground? (Blast out a crater)

MARS tactic -- Bouncing Betty! (Everybody on the team chucks grenades)

Press Pass tactic -- Front Page! (Fire off as many flash units as possible)

Cabbie tactic -- Suicide Door! (Flip open a cardoor in the speedster's path)

D&D tactic -- Spreadin' Pain! (Caltrops. 'Nuff said.)

Matt "If-you-mind-getting-scratched-there-really-is-only-one-way-to-skin-a-cat" Frisbee

A Brick with this:

Reflexive Clothesline: HA +8d6, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action to reset; When a foe moves through a hex in your HTH range; +3/4) (70 Active Points); Only to deal up to STR+v/5 dice of damage (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), No Knockback (-1/4)

Stolen.....Er...Borrowed.

A Brick with this:

That's just...mean...

I like it.

reserved action + martial throw

The only problem I have with this tactic is that most speedsters have high DCVs and DEX rolls, often higher than Martial Artists; thus, unless you get lucky and beat them in the DEX v. DEX, THEN actually manage to hit them, you've wasted your time.

Admittedly, you can Dive for Cover from my idea, but at least that's pretty much guaranteed to burn a phase for 'em.