Ultimate Skill (STR Min 13)

Dust Raven

Re: Ultimate Skill (STR Min 13)

Oh come on, it's not that heavy! STR minimum 11, tops! :P

It is, however, one of my main reference books now, which means it's in my backpack just about every night. Along with 5ER, The Ultimate Brick, The Ultimate Speedster, The Ultimate Metamorph, Gadgets & Gear, the Bestiary and USPD I and II. And I just KNOW I will be adding the Ultimate Mentalist to that stack the moment it comes out!

I think I need a bigger box!

It is weird though. The Ultimate Brick, the book on strength and lifting and brawny things, is extremely light compared to the Ultimate Skill, the book about learning and knowledge and brainy things. Or perhaps there is truth in the "Ug bash!" stereotype.

Oh come on, it's not that heavy! STR minimum 11, tops! :P

It is, however, one of my main reference books now, which means it's in my backpack just about every night. Along with 5ER, The Ultimate Brick, The Ultimate Speedster, The Ultimate Metamorph, Gadgets & Gear, the Bestiary and USPD I and II. And I just KNOW I will be adding the Ultimate Mentalist to that stack the moment it comes out!

I think I need a bigger box!

It's much lighter to get a laptop and use PDFs... :D

PDFs are cool, but I prefer hard copies. There's nothing quite so nice as reading from an actual book.

Well, as far as reading is concerned. :o

When I sit and read I normally don't do PDF, but most of the time I'm just referencing something, which PDF is perfect for. Also perfect for games if needed (especially if traveling to a con!).

Equation (from experience):

(Backpack including TUS, 5ER, FH, MMM, HB, TA, FHG1, FHG2, campaign notes, characters, dice, pens, pad of paper) + (the nice hilly terrain of Sheffield UK) = ( Spinal Compression injury :thumbdown) OR (improved fitness :thumbup:).

Try carrying that lot down an icy slope in winter (minus TUS of course, as it was not in existence then), with a busy road at the bottom - at least both arms are free to help with the balancing required if it comes to having to 'ski without skis' :ugly:.

Forgot to mention that the equation above worked out positively (i.e. improved fitness) - can't really complain about that...

Wusses!

Yes a decent HERO library is heavy, that's why every good HERO GM should go out and do what I did. Go get yourself the perfect box to carry your HERO books to the game: the one that comes attached to a full-size pickup.

Yep, since I got a full-size pickup to take to the games, carrying my HERO books has become much less of a chore. :)