Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

steriaca

Well, since Kingdome Of Champions is in the editing stages, and Champions Of The North is in the writing stages, would you buy...

CHAPMIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER: A sourse book detaling superbeings from Mexico, Argentena, and all over South and Central America?

CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN: A sourse book detaling superbeings from Japan?

If so, who should write eather book? What would you like to see in eather book? What would you rather not see in the books?

Re: Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

Actually, S. America might be cool. I'd have to get Champions World Wide first, however, and see how much it needs. If more useful details could be added to CWW, then CSotB would be a good and useful addition.

Alternately, this could just be Luche Libre. ;)

Ditto Japan. A style of Champions of the North for Japan might be cool. Include a lot of regional data on cities and such, and this might make a good supplement for Champions.

With the 2008 Olympics coming up, I wonder if Champions in China might be a bit better tho....

Re: Whould you buy...CHAMPIONS SOUTH OF THE BORDER and CHAMPIONS OF THE RISING SUN.

"South of the Border," not so much ( well, not so much relative to my normal rate of buying Champions supps ;-) ).

A Japan Sourcebook, or Asia Sourcebook, OTOH, would have my dollar in a minute.

Mirrors my feelings.

Personally I would prefer a Japan or Asia sourcebook to one for Mexico or South America, although if the latter is comprehensive enough I would probably pick it up.

BTW steriaca, Kingdom Of Champions being in editing is news to me. Last I heard it wasn't even on the publishing schedule, or had a writer assigned to it. :confused:

Unfortunately, my rate of buying books of any kind has slowed down to a trickle...

Having said that, I would definitely buy these books "eventually", and preferably "immediately".

I can't say that I would probably get all that much use out of them, but that's true of a whole bunch of other books I've bought.

Now, Champions Down Under would be something else... Preferably if I helped write it...

The thing about CWW is that it dropped a ton of names for characters which were never statted up in the book, for almost every region. In most cases those alone would make an excellent start for sourcebooks.

Sadly though, not for Australia. Steve Long and DoJ have decided that Oz in the CU is pretty quiet as far as supers activity goes. :( 4E Down Under sounded like a much livelier place: the mighty Captain Australia, the Phase II super-agency, the Outriders hero team, the villainous Dark Brotherhood, and the monstrous Entropi.

I figure that Australia and New Zealand in 2007 could use (A) a wave of reality-warping magic erupting from the Well of Worlds, (B) a continent-wide shower of Kelvarite meteors, © both of the above. :eg:

I figure that Australia and New Zealand in 2007 could use (A) a wave of reality-warping magic erupting from the Well of Worlds' date=' (B) a continent-wide shower of Kelvarite meteors, © both of the above. :eg:[/quote']

And an alien invasion. ;)

Hmm... Maybe it's time to write an adventure for Digital Hero. One that doesn't try to make any major changes to the CU, but allows GMs to do so if they wish.

I'll start thinking.

I think we've done enough Asian themed books, I'd like to see the company move to something new.

That being said my personally top choice for wish book is a HERO Bestiary II or a Fantasy HERO Bestiary. Both focusing on non-anthropomorphic creatures and monsters.

TB

Champions of Latin America - Hmmm... sure just stay away from to many bad choices. Professor Muerte and his new Team. I like the idea. Especially for the Aztec/Mayan/etc... Mythologies...

Pirates of the Caribbean

Makes yah go hmmm...

QM

Sadly though, not for Australia. Steve Long and DoJ have decided that Oz in the CU is pretty quiet as far as supers activity goes. :( 4E Down Under sounded like a much livelier place: the mighty Captain Australia, the Phase II super-agency, the Outriders hero team, the villainous Dark Brotherhood, and the monstrous Entropi.

I figure that Australia and New Zealand in 2007 could use (A) a wave of reality-warping magic erupting from the Well of Worlds, (B) a continent-wide shower of Kelvarite meteors, © both of the above. :eg:

That's what I was thinking as well. Australia would be great for a "Not used to superheroes and villains being this common, but suddenly they're everywhere, and you're one of them!" campaign.

I like the idea of a small town being Kelvarite bombarded myself.

Champions of the Rising Sun might be interesting, but it wouldn't be high on my list of priorities. As for South of the Border, I would be more interested in major cities than regions. In specific, Mexico City and Rio. But those could comprise major chapters, I guess. That too, however, wouldn't be much of a priority.

I think Asia is way overdone, at least Japan. NO MORE JAPAN! I am all Nipponed out. I would go for something Latin America-based over Asia* if I were in a CU-supplement-buying mood (as I will be when I am in the States for Christmas!).

*Clarification: Viet-Nam, India, Korea, Mongolia and the rest of non-Japan, non-China Asia would be cool. But NO MORE JAPAN, dammit! :)

I think Asia is way overdone, at least Japan. NO MORE JAPAN! I am all Nipponed out. I would go for something Latin America-based over Asia* if I were in a CU-supplement-buying mood (as I will be when I am in the States for Christmas!).

*Clarification: Viet-Nam, India, Korea, Mongolia and the rest of non-Japan, non-China Asia would be cool. But NO MORE JAPAN, dammit! :)

Try the eggs, bacon and Japan. That doesn't have so much Japan in it.

I like the idea of a small town being Kelvarite bombarded myself.

I mentioned that I'm thinking about writing an adventure for Digital Hero, didn't I?

Unfortunately, of course, it's necessary to get around the "it's already been done by Smallville" factor, but that's not too big a drama. There are other sources to mix into the homage that would make things different enough for anyone's tastes.

As it happens, I have just the right small town sitting around in my head. You see, decades ago my grandfather worked for Queensland Rail and one of the things he did was to name a couple of official "localities" - places on the map. The thing is that these are, in the real world, just platforms by the side of the railway line and a sign. There are no actual towns.

That's in the real world. The CU could be something else... And what is really neat about it is that one of these places was named "Coothalla", which is obviously just a mispelling of Kuthala, Xuthalla or some other obvious ancient city of the Turakian Age...

One thing I am struggling with is how many Seeker references to include... Crikey, it's tempting to really go overboard with them.

EDIT: I just Googled Coothalla. Apparently the name means "Eagle Hawk", which is kind of neat. Anyway, here is a link: http://qroti.com/placeinfo/qld/rail/coothalla/map/

It's definitely in the middle of nowhere. Just right.

As it happens, I have just the right small town sitting around in my head. You see, decades ago my grandfather worked for Queensland Rail and one of the things he did was to name a couple of official "localities" - places on the map. The thing is that these are, in the real world, just platforms by the side of the railway line and a sign. There are no actual towns.

That's in the real world. The CU could be something else... And what is really neat about it is that one of these places was named "Coothalla", which is obviously just a mispelling of Kuthala, Xuthalla or some other obvious ancient city of the Turakian Age...

Oooh... Turakian ruins! Lightning Man from Champions Worldwide found Turakian Age artifacts on New Guinea, so it's certainly possible. That opens up a realm of potential for plots and character origins. Including a certain Archlich starting to notice your part of the world. :fear:

Not too stoked by either of them, some interest in Japan but it's been so overdone in so many genres that my eyes tend to glaze over at the thought. Not much interest in Mexico/South America but if it covered the whole continent it could be interesting.

Part of me would like to see a Japan sourcebook too, but I do agree it's been covered a lot. I would certainly go for a Mexico/South & Central America sourcebook though.

And there's stuff in Australia. They're just being awfully quiet about it, I'm sure :eg: