What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Santcuary television series. I can't tell if I like it or not. Part of it seems a bit to X-Files-ish with the conspiracy bit, but I like the characters a lot. I think I would have liked it better if the Cabal as an entity were a season long mystery of "Is there someone behind parts of this?" and left for the season closer as the antagonist for season 2. I'll have to finish out the season though before I judge it more.

Movie night yesterday. Moon with Sam Rockwell -- really good piece of sci fi, 70's style. Think 2001 and Silent Running and Alien.

The Invention Of Lying -- Ricky Gervais is the only person able to lie in the whole world. Very funny at times.

9 -- Post-Apoc animation. Felt a bit rushed, but beautifully rendered. Could do with an extra twenty minutes running time.

Död Snö (Dead Snow in english) -- norwegian zombie nazi splatter horror film made on a shoestring budget. Sam Raimi has fans on the other side of the mountains, it seems.

Wonder Woman DVD. Episodes:

1. Formula 407
    Yeoman Prince and Major Trevor go to Buenos Aires in search of a secret formula that can turn rubber as strong as steel. Of course, the Nazis want it too...
  2. The Bushwackers
    Wonder Woman helps Major Trevor capture enemy cattle rustlers who are trying to sabotage the war effort. Roy Rogers stars as the Rancher who's losing the most cattle.
  3. Wonder Woman In Hollywood
    As Drusilla comes to America to tell Diana to return home for a celebration, Nazis are using the filming of a Hollywood movie as a means to kidnap American war heroes. Meanwhile, the war hero Drusilla is infatuated with isn't all he seems to be...

Cinematic Titanic: Doomsday Machine

A classic cheap 1960s Space Race movie, with commentary by most of the cast of MST3k.

I loved MST3k, and all of the follow up teams (Cinematic Titanic, Rifftrax, Film Crew) are still worth watching. I miss the old MST3k skits and set up, but the gang is if anything just getting funnier. If you're an MST3k fan, you'll still love the new stuff.