What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Things I have watched while working on the Powers section of HSMA:

Fearless, Final Fantasy: Advent Children, Fist of Legend, Hero, Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer, The Storm Riders, Tai Chi Master, The Good The Bad The Weird, Variable Geo.

As I've finished my portion of HSMA, I also wound up my inspirational viewing with: Battle of Wits, The Banquet, The Duel, Mongol, Seven Swords, Yip Man.

I made the mistake of stopping by the foreign DVD place at a local mall.

I now have: B13: Ultimatum, Dragon Tiger Gate, The Heroic Trio, Ip Man, Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon, Shinobi.

Ip Man is the same as the film Yip Man mentioned earlier. B13: Ultimatum is the sequel to B13. Now that I have The Heroic Trio I can do a double feature of that and the sequel, Executioners, and present 6E character sheets for Invisible Girl, Thief Catcher, and Wonderwoman.

I got my first dose of Scrooge for the year earlier this week. It was the George C. Scott version.

I also saw a History Channel show on Guns of the Orient (anything east of Constantinople but including Morrocco). Interesting firearms.

I also saw a program that delved into the scientific basis upon which dragons may have evolved. I can't recall whether it was on History Channel or the Science channel, but it was one of those with a 2009 production date.

6e Heroic Trio!?! That Is Awesome! One of my favorite Superhero movies. Didn't really like Executioners as much' date=' but still a great example of HK Superheroics.[/quote']

The place where I picked up this crop of DVDs was showing snippets of a slew of movies. Including a super-hero-looking film, complete with costumes. Wish I knew what that was!

Y'know, I forgot to ask about Vampire Cop Ricky... *sigh*

6e Heroic Trio!?! That Is Awesome! One of my favorite Superhero movies. Didn't really like Executioners as much' date=' but still a great example of HK Superheroics.[/quote']

Hey, speaking of Asian superheroes, will you be sending over the characters from GenCon any time soon?

Watched parts of Harry Potter movies on TV with the kids. It's strange to think how long they've been around and how many times I've seen various ones. I'm not even a big fan but they're solidly embedded in pop culture now.

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time. I'm up to the middle of season three.

Watched parts of Harry Potter movies on TV with the kids. It's strange to think how long they've been around and how many times I've seen various ones. I'm not even a big fan but they're solidly embedded in pop culture now.

I've been watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer for the first time. I'm up to the middle of season three.

Good. Stop right after there; it starts heading downhill soon after.

Good. Stop right after there; it starts heading downhill soon after.

I disagree. I enjoyed season 4 best of all seven seasons and found stuff to like in all the seasons.

my advice AA: watch it all, or trust your gut when it is time to stop. :)

The place I had dinner at (a real dive of a sports bar) was showing a pseudo-documentary on the 2012 extinction event (tied into, and with footage form, the movie) that turned my stomach with its illogic and lack of even rudimentary skepticism on claims that are utterly ridiculous even at face value. It was on a big screen next to the football game, and distracted me from it in a bad way.