Is the Fantasy Hero book still in print?

texaspoet

Re: Is the Fantasy Hero book still in print?

According to the last posted word from Hero Games prez Darren Watts (January 12),

It should be available again this Spring sometime. As soon as we have a more definite date we'll let everybody know. dw

Fantasy HERO is also still available in PDF form from the e-book section of the Online Store.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know how badly you want it but there is a copy at a store in Shreveport LA called Excalibur Comics, Cards and Games. I was there last week and he had a copy on his shelf. I am sure you could Google it and get the Phone number and see if he would be willing to ship...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

waiting for the reprint of FH' date=' can you tell me if Grimoire I & II can be used without FH ?[/quote']

There might be a thing or two from FH that can't be immediately intuited, but for the most part, Grimoire I, at least, can be used without FH. Pretty much all Hero books are like that...as long as you have the basic rules, you can use stuff out of any book. Unlike other games, where splatbooks build upon splatbooks, Hero books build upon the main rules directly (for the most part), and any connection with other books is mostly fluff.

waiting for the reprint of FH' date=' can you tell me if Grimoire I & II can be used without FH ?[/quote']

Yes. In fact, they are intended to be used with The Turakian Age. That's the sourcebook that explains fully how the magic system that FHG1 and 2 default to.

• 1 month later...

I've bought both Grimoires. It's said in G1 that all Attack Spells have the Spell Limitation. It seems that this limitation is only explained in Fantasy Hero (which i'm waiting for the reprint)

Could anyone tell me what this limitation is ?

It's actually a shorthand Limitation designed to mean a number of things all at once. Usually it has to do with END, number of spells you can cast in a single day, sources of END, and several other aspects.

It's a mutable Limitation - meaning it can be whatever you determine it needs to be for the campaign that makes the Magic a Spell vs some other form of magic (like God-Magic, Fantasy Creature innate abilities, etc).

Actually' date=' more specifically, Spell means that you can't use your normal OCV/DCV modifiers using that attack, as you could with a sword or firearm. Your "normal" CSLs don't apply; you have to purchase magic-specific CSLs for that.[/quote']

I missed that part - where is it?

I only found a reference in FH p246 at the end if a section regarding END Use, Spell Allotment and Combat/Martial Maneuver useage.

• 2 months later...

No' date=' there are no updates. When we have more information for you, we'll post it, trust me. ;)[/quote']

While a reluctance to create a new product to "answer" the new D&D edition is understandable - and probibly a good business decision. Can we at least push for a new print run for - I don't know - May 2008? :eg:

While a reluctance to create a new product to "answer" the new D&D edition is understandable - and probibly a good business decision. Can we at least push for a new print run for - I don't know - May 2008? :eg:

To be clear - they have never stated they will create a new version of anything yet.

It's always been a reprint of Fantasy Hero.

At one point they hinted at some form of answer to 4E it's never been revealed what they might be.

Hey, sense were at it...

I happen to own 2 FREDs and a 5ER (long story), and only one of the freds is still in decent condition, others have falling out pages and spinal problems. Funny enough, the one that is just fine has miscut pages and I got it on the cheap because of that, though it doesn't effect use.

Could I get a book printed on stainless steel coated depleted U238 with ceramic ablative armors, with a tungsten-titanium cover and pages of milled steel stamped with anodized titanium for ink?

Hey, sense were at it...

I happen to own 2 FREDs and a 5ER (long story), and only one of the freds is still in decent condition, others have falling out pages and spinal problems. Funny enough, the one that is just fine has miscut pages and I got it on the cheap because of that, though it doesn't effect use.

Could I get a book printed on stainless steel coated depleted U238 with ceramic ablative armors, with a tungsten-titanium cover and pages of milled steel stamped with anodized titanium for ink?

As if FrEd wasn't bullet proof enough. :rolleyes: