Foxbat....Where can I find Him?

Patriot

I am Trying to find A version of Foxbat, I have tons of 4th and 5th Ed books, but he seems to escape my grasp. One of my players wants to Pick up the mantle of Foxbat , and play him as a hero, I need ideas on how to Cost him out.

Ping pong ball gun

Bass cannon (A PRE drain....after your hero got whacked in the face with a fish , that PRE attack wouldnt be worth to much)

Any other ideas?

Re: Foxbat....Where can I find Him?

Also I beleive his stats can be found in one of the alst enemy books put out for 4th edition (what I call the white border books)...

But as I have neither I am not sure which one

It's Enemies Assemble, I think. I don't remember off the top of my head, which is TRULY sad and stupid because I USED this book for almost ALL of the redesigned sheets for Foxbat for President as my primary source. (I took a little trip back to Adventurer's Club #1 for Leroy on a lot of stuff)

And let me tell you, true believers. It took a LONG time.

It's Enemies Assemble' date=' I think. I don't remember off the top of my head, which is TRULY sad and stupid because I USED this book for almost ALL of the redesigned sheets for Foxbat for President as my primary source. (I took a little trip back to Adventurer's Club #1 for Leroy on a lot of stuff)[/quote']

Although it's worth noting that the Enemies Assemble version of Foxbat isn't even close to being "street legal".

The writers somehow forgot that you can't use a Variable Power Pool to create a Multipower.

Although it's worth noting that the Enemies Assemble version of Foxbat isn't even close to being "street legal".

The writers somehow forgot that you can't use a Variable Power Pool to create a Multipower.

This was true of most champions books that were printed in that... let's just call it an era and be done with it.

One interesting thing that Enemies Assembled did do was provide Foxbat with a team, of sorts ... though IIRC, only Leroy the Awesome Exoskeleton Man was really in the supers league. We all like using Foxbat (well, many of us do, I'd say), but sometimes it's hard to make sure that he survives Segment 12 if he's a solo act.

So ... who have *you* teamed him up with? ;)

My next game may be Foxbat and his Femme Fatales (pronounced, by Foxbat, as 'Femmy FAT-uh-lees') ... a collection of hot superbabes primarily motivated by money, and typically with Codes Against Killing.

Well... I'd say Foxbette, but folks already know that.....

*rereads*

Doh!

Beyond that, in a game I'm currently running, Foxbat has recently managed to steal the "Star of Ptah," a relic capable of granting powers to anybody with a shred of magic in them. He'll soon turn up with a small posse of strippers-turned-supers backing him up.

All because the players figured "meh, Foxbat, why worry?" :eg:

Since Collie mentioned the Femme Fatales, I thought I'd post my version, the Femmes Fatale (from an issue of Haymaker! several years back). Enjoy.

(Edit: the article starts off with a Maxim-like cover and article just for fun, with the actual characer writeups following.)

In my campaign, we have the Foxbat Five: Foxbat himself (obviously), Leroy the Amazing Exoskeleton Man, Dot (I completely reworked the Dot character from CLOWN with powers like Spot from the Spiderman comics), Harmonious Fist (stole... er, I mean borrowed the idea from someone at GenCon -- he has "ranged martial arts" through Stretching not crossing intervening space, with the side effect that Fist mimes punching or kicking himself while the target actually hits himself or herself), and currently Garble (a mentalist who can scramble minds, and only Foxbat can understand the gibberish that Garble calls speech).

Originally, I had the Mighty Static Man (procured from Palladium's Villains Unlimited) as the fifth member, but changed him out a few years ago. A player suggested I have the fifth member rotate from time to time, which I still might do, but I still have too much fun with Garble.

One interesting thing that Enemies Assembled did do was provide Foxbat with a team' date=' of sorts ... though IIRC, only Leroy the Awesome Exoskeleton Man was really in the supers league. We all like using Foxbat (well, many of us do, I'd say), but sometimes it's hard to make sure that he survives Segment 12 if he's a solo act.[/quote']

EA also gave Foxie the "super martial artist" follower Harmonious Fist. The version of Foxbat from the Bay City sourcebook for the New Millennium Champs Universe added the shape-shifter Proteus to his retinue, as well as Exodus, a more serious and versatile version of the Exo-Skeleton Man.

My next game may be Foxbat and his Femme Fatales (pronounced, by Foxbat, as 'Femmy FAT-uh-lees') ... a collection of hot superbabes primarily motivated by money, and typically with Codes Against Killing.

The last time I used him, I harvested Foxbat-related characters from both Enemies Assemble and Bay City, as well as his BC base, "the Belfry," and his vehicles from the Atlas Games adventure module Foxbat Unhinged (the "Centipedemobile" and the flying "FoxBAT"), to create the dreaded Foxbattalion! (Surprisingly capable group, but less dreaded for their power than their looney schemes.)

One interesting thing that Enemies Assembled did do was provide Foxbat with a team, of sorts ... though IIRC, only Leroy the Awesome Exoskeleton Man was really in the supers league. We all like using Foxbat (well, many of us do, I'd say), but sometimes it's hard to make sure that he survives Segment 12 if he's a solo act.

Foxbat's League of Villainy includes Grond, Firewing, and Esper! :eg:

How he convinces them to pursue his lunatic schemes is a mystery in of itself.

There was that time, after Esper ditched them, that Mentalla got on board, but they're convinced she was just using them...

...and after that he convinced Viperia to hang with them.

So currently: Foxbat, Firewing, Grond, Viperia.

You should have seen the players faces when they realized it was a Foxbatmasterplan being pulled off by heavies.

Twitch...shudder. New Millennium.

Anathema...twitch...poison...gkkk...must...finish..Foxbat...For President...restore...greatness...to minions...sputter...hkkt.

(Yeah. working now...)

I never minded the source material for C:NM ... I just wish the system were better at the time ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, by the way, Harmonious Fist was always there, since Adventurers Club #1. He just never had a SHEET until Enemies Assemble!

And soon, I promise, you'll have a 5th edition one. I made sure to include it in Foxbat for President.

Is anybody else suddenly envisioning the 'Where's Foxbat?' children's books' date=' featuring everyone's favorite superflake wearing a red and white striped sweater hiding in various locations?[/quote']

It's all part of his Master Plan. :sneaky: