FH Sightings yet?

Blue

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend has mine in his possession. He says it is thick and he has been carrying it around since 10 am Thursday morning at GenCon. :)

Now, if I can only get him to bring it back to me on Friday...Hell, it's only a 2 hr drive or so back from Indianapolis.

Oh, well, I guess I'll get it Sunday night.

As an only tangentially related note, I wish to take this opportunity to declare my annoyance that my local Hastings (the only place to get any game books in this armpit of a town) is apparently unable to order Hero Games merchandise for some reason, meaning I have to drive 90 miles to get it.

*FUME*

Thank you for your time.

P.S. The fact that my wife works at this Hastings and would get a huge discount on said merchandise has no bearing on my rant. Really. Honest.

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

As an only tangentially related note, I wish to take this opportunity to declare my annoyance that my local Hastings (the only place to get any game books in this armpit of a town) is apparently unable to order Hero Games merchandise for some reason, meaning I have to drive 90 miles to get it.

*FUME*

Thank you for your time.

P.S. The fact that my wife works at this Hastings and would get a huge discount on said merchandise has no bearing on my rant. Really. Honest.

Do you have any idea who which distributor thestore orders from?

Guess that means... I'M THE ONLY ONE HERE WITH A COPY!

Woohoo!

Boy is it thick. Picked it up at the FLGS here in Southern California, on my way home from work. Had to rub it in before I crack the book open.

And now.. page one!

EDIT: Okay, one more comment... The Chapter seperation pages are great! The fact that they are black makes it easy to see when you look at the closed book exactly where each chapter begins! That makes it so much easier to jump from section to section.

The Chapter seperation pages are great! The fact that they are black makes it easy to see when you look at the closed book exactly where each chapter begins!

Glad you like it! The printer informed us we could do full-bleed pages at no additional cost now, so we thought we'd give it a try. We're looking forward to seeing the general fan reaction.

Originally posted by Steve

My FLGS just got theirs in yesterday, here in Orange County, Southern California, and I picked up the copy they were saving for me today.

The chapter dividing pages make it easier to navigate around in the book. It was a great idea.

Wonder if we went to the same place?

Wait a minute... why am I reading the forums when I could be reading my book. To the book cave!

My FLGS just got theirs in yesterday, here in Orange County, Southern California, and I picked up the copy they were saving for me today.

The chapter dividing pages make it easier to navigate around in the book. It was a great idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did you get it? I live in Huntington Beach and pre-ordered it from frpgames since they always seem to have things faster than the the WOTC store, which doesn't carry anything but there own product now anyway. I would just like to know wher eany other decent shop near me is.

Originally posted by Morningstar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where did you get it? I live in Huntington Beach and pre-ordered it from frpgames since they always seem to have things faster than the the WOTC store, which doesn't carry anything but there own product now anyway. I would just like to know wher eany other decent shop near me is.

I shop at Game Castle, in Fullerton. They always order Hero stuff.

And everything is 5% off cover price.

I've been told that by my FLGS that they'll have Fantasy Hero in on Monday (Tuesday at the latest) -- which for them is nothing short of amazing. I just got my copies of the Database and the Spacer's Toolkit this past Thursday.

In fact, they're so notorious for being slow, I often joke that I buy my books with a -1/4 limit Extra Time.

What makes this even funnier is that I get a regular discount from them.

Perhaps some sort of weird misscommunique the inverse of the Harry Potter fiasco?

i shall wait a few weeks before even going to the closest FLGS, there is nothing even close to there so that makes it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy outta the way for me.

i need to build up a thirst for the book and that aint happened yet.

besides i gotta wait till after my B-day to even consider it.

Originally posted by Steve

I shop at Game Castle, in Fullerton. They always order Hero stuff.

And everything is 5% off cover price.

That be the place :D

(And they're usually about 2 days earlier than Brookhurst Hobbies.)