FH Sightings yet?

Blue

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not entirely on topic, perhaps, but what IS considered a "hot-selling" Hero item? I read about items which have been reprinted, but is a print run 1000 copies, 10,000 copies or 100,000 copies?:)

I have to admit I have puzzled over this for years...

cheers, Mark

FH in Austin

Bob King at Kings Hobby was kind enough to get a copy of it for me today. If you give him a call I am sure he can do the same for you. The folks at Dragon's Lair always seemed very confused on when it would be released or what it was. (I called about 7 times over the last few days and got 6 different answers, including that it Alliance didn't even have it yet, which is absurd-THEY DO!) As a general rule, it is probably a good idea to hire people with GAMING EXPERIENCE to work in a GAMES STORE, or st least someone who gives a damn.

Game Chest in Dallas has it. Not sure when it came in, I just grabbed, paid, and ran off to read it. :P

First impression is prettimuch like everyone else tho: "Holy crap, this thing is big!"

It also looks like the book had some special TLC: The book size and section dividers remind me of Warhammer Fantasy Battle Roleplay, while some of the artwork seems RIFTs-ish. (Which to me is a good thing.)

$31.99 is an insanely low price for this book.

I'm definately happy I got this.

I just picked up my copy of it today at Mayhem in Des Moines. They still had copies left. As for what I think of the book, where can I find a good lawyer, I want to sue for muscle strain (hehehe). Seriously, what I have seen so far I really like especially the sections on world building. Can't wait for the grimoire. Keep up good work Hero.

G

Picked up my copy on Wednesday. This is one H3B (Honkin' Huge Hero Book). The one store in Tacoma that will stock Hero stuff only got one copy. They ordered four, but their distributor said the shipment from the printer was badly damaged, so they sent each ordering store one.

SO I'VE GOT THE ONLY ONE!!!

Well, OK, aside from those coming back from GenCon. And people driving up to King County. And mail orders.

Nuts. :(

:) I'm a DH subscriber, so I knew to expect much goodness, but my wife doesn't like reading on the screen, so she's totally blown away by FH. The Hero System intimidates her a little, but she's really enjoying the tremendous amount of non-system-specific material. She's just started her first D&D campaign as a GM, and she's taking lots of notes.

Keep up books like this, and Hero Games might supplant SJGames as the premier publisher of supplements for people who don't play the core system. Dynamo's custom smiley

Wow

I just picked up my 5 copies (:D) on Tuesday night...drove like crazy to make it before my FLUBS closed...I even called the guy to ask him to stay open til 7:10pm...gotta love those FLUBS, great store! Plus, all new gaming stuff is always 20% off! ;D

This thing is a BEAST! Already skimmed it and boy does it look good...time to gear up for FH!

Tim