Name Help: Daemonic Hero

Weldun

I'm currently toying with a build for a character. The concept is a normal human who is the living prison for a daemon. Basically he's a mystically themed brick whose skin is etched with seraphic wards from the neck down. He has a problem in the hour of the wolf (3am to 4am) where the daemon struggles against the wards and occasionally asserts control.

The problem is that I'm completely stumped for a name. Suggestions?

Re: Name Help: Daemonic Hero

Did he take this burden up willingly or was this a curse from his own previously "less than moral" actions?
He bears the burden willingly. As long as this particular demon is bound, the legions of hell cannot invade the mortal world.

As a side note, some of the research that I have been doing has revealed the difference between a dæmon and a demon. A dæmon refers to "good or malevolent supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" and a "spiritual being of a lowly order that is largely evil" of Greek Mythology.

Strange how I never came across this for my Nephilim character.

I'm currently toying with a build for a character. The concept is a normal human who is the living prison for a daemon. Basically he's a mystically themed brick whose skin is etched with seraphic wards from the neck down. He has a problem in the hour of the wolf (3am to 4am) where the daemon struggles against the wards and occasionally asserts control.

The problem is that I'm completely stumped for a name. Suggestions?

He's a brick who's a prison for a demon. How about something that sounds both brick-like and prison-like?

Brig

Slammer

Guest Major Tom

As this character sounds a lot like Boone (the main character in Nightbreed),

how about the following name:

Kaballus (derived from "Cabal", the Clive Barker story that was the basis for

Nightbreed).

Major Tom :eg:

For the win. Perfect. I'm totally stealing this. Female demonic brick named Abyss. Yes. Holy crap I like this idea.

Yoinkth, and away!

:confused:

He ... :nonp: HEY! Wait ..ya can't ... THIEF! STOP THE THIEF! Simon! Lord Liaden, Death Tribble! Someone! :help:

This bully is yoinking my idea! :(

Haven't you been around here long enough to know you can't just leave ideas out in the open without a lock and chain? You're practically begging to be ripped off. :rolleyes:

Ah, well. Go to Dan Simon's desk and fill out a report. You'll be notified if anyone turns your idea in.

As a side note, some of the research that I have been doing has revealed the difference between a dæmon and a demon. A dæmon refers to "good or malevolent supernatural beings between mortals and gods, such as inferior divinities and ghosts of dead heroes" and a "spiritual being of a lowly order that is largely evil" of Greek Mythology.

Yes. In fact, "daemon" was the word chosen by early writers of the Bible when they translated the Hebrew word for angel into Greek. Naga were daemons who guarded temples or holy places, servants of higher powers. Since angels were the servants of God, this seemed like a good fit.

The word is still used today. A daemon is a program that performs some task for you, like a servant. The mail daemon is good example, it delivers your mail.

I believe some Bibles still use the spelling "daemon" in some parts of the Old Testament for angels in some places, though I can't scare up any quotes right now.