Characters favorite manuever

hfergus

Does you character have a favorite or signature manuever? If so what is it?My heros follow.

Volt Until recently really did not have a favorite; he uses a recently discovered power of magnetism to disarm people with metal foci now, but has not done it enough to qualify as a favorite. He had a "signature" manuever of projecting a forcewall out of his forcefield to protect innocents, and it almost always knocked him out as a side effect. Uses it rarely, but it has become famous as it is very heroic.

Olorin One of two. 1) Stinking cloud - NND area effect, no contact with organic skin (Can't breath it either) or poison (organic) resistance as defense. 2) The one he loves: "Flying lessons" He touches a non-flyer and t-ports him straight up as "A flying lesson. Bounces don't count". Enjoys it entirely too much.

Black Tiger Martial artist who has and uses a takedown manuever, even though one attack he has actually does more damage (1D6 more).

Futurian is in a way, one big signature. Awesome vs tech, almost useless when there is no tech. Favorite is to cause tech to fall apart (body drain vs tech only). Dr. Destroyer is very worried about him.

Re: Characters favorite manuever

Nemesis (Duplicator Bricks) - "Fast Ball Specials", Grabs and Swing Like a Club, and Pushed Haymaker, on Grabbed Target.

Lifeguard (Light based Energy Projector) - Pushed, Haymaker, Energy Blasts.

Cougar (Superhuman Physique/Martial Artist) - Sweeps, Grab Weapon,and Move Throughs.

Cheers

QM

Dreadnought is terrible at damage rolls. He has 60 Str, or he can use AoE one hex on 40 Str or a selective radius on even less (extra arms + stretching!). Recently I realized that I could use that to grab fast opponents rather than just hit them. I may not be able to roll even average damage, but I can reduce the enemies' DCVs for people who actually CAN roll.

Wombat (9' tall, 100 STR) Punch works just fine. Wombat is also fond of Shockwaves which is why he was turned down for membership in the Champions.

Boll Weevil (4-armed bug guy, very high Dex) Dodge. His super high DCV means practically every (non AoE) shot against him ends up landing (rolls 1d6) over there. This is but one of the reasons Boll Weevil was turned down for membership in the Champions.

Captain Cockroach(mostly indestructible) CC's only offense is his beloved Questonite baseball bat. This is why...

Syndey Mental Illusions. This never gets old, especially making people on the battlefield look like other people on the field. Note: Durak does not like being tricked into attacking Fiacho.

Since I mostly GM, the "signature maneuvers" belong to various past and present player characters in my games.

Hybrid, a high-STR brick, liked to pick up Chevy vans and use them to smash opponents. Yes, just Chevy vans. If he was standing next to a Toyota or GM van, and a Chevy van was all the way across the battlefield, Hybrid would jump across to get it.

Kirin, a martial artist, loved to jump into a group of agents and perform Sweep attacks to wipe out entire squads. That, and his Dragon Noogie (a nasty Strike attack that had to follow a Grab).

Pack Rat, a gadgeteer, liked using his electrified rubber dart. What made it a "signature" move was that he would typically "lick" the end of the dart, like one might do with an actual rubber dart to help it stick to something.

Hyper-Man (Speedster/Brick): Put 3 CSLevels on DCV and attempt to hit any pure Brick opponents with a x2 KB punch which when it hits accomplishes 2 things:

1. Clear the battlefield for a moment.

2. Goad/force them into attempting a Move Through vs. me. If it works I then activate Clinging, 25 points of Density and a 12 Def Force Wall and LET the attack hit. I might be get Stunned in the process but they take full damage from their own attack unless they can do Body exceeding 17+3d6 (Very unlikely unless they have a similar increased KB attack).

I had a brick, called Leatherback, who (unimaginatively) liked move-through and move-by. Although, he always used these in rather effective ways.

In one incident the team faced Herculan and the Black Paladin, and we were short-handed with only Leatherback, Vitus and Felicity on site. Leatherback ended up having to face off against Herculan on his own on top of a warehouse while the other two were getting their behinds handed to them by BP. So, Leatherback grabbed Herculan, jumped off the roof and used Herculan to perform a downwards move-by on the Black Paladin. Strangely enough, Herculan decided that discretion was the better part of keeping you skin intact and bugged out carrying the Black Paladin over one shoulder.

Another example is using a wrought iron gate to move by multiple undead in a graveyard. Basically, he liked using his environment to his advantage, like any good smart-brick. He was in college studying to be a commercial engineer on a football scholarship, so everything else sort of fell in place from there.

Qr'ms'n He likes to use martial takedown and punch in a multiple power attack. I.e. He grabs you by the the throat, throws you to the ground and hits you on the bounce. He is an alien martial brick 7' tall. The maneuver the Undertaker is famous for in the WWE. I just added a punch.

Sylph: Entangles. She has a reasonably strong entangle that she also often uses to make entangle barriers for self-defense or for the defense of others. She also has the ability to selectively apply a moderate entangle (DEF 3 BOD 2) over a considerable area... perfect for tying up whole swarms of agents at once. Though she has a wide variety of other attacks available, in a combat she will almost always open with an entangle unless she's fought that opponent before and knows it will be ineffective.

Soulbarb: Doesn't really have a signature move; her fighting style is pretty eclectic.

Hybrid, a high-STR brick, liked to pick up Chevy vans and use them to smash opponents. Yes, just Chevy vans. If he was standing next to a Toyota or GM van, and a Chevy van was all the way across the battlefield, Hybrid would jump across to get it.

I knew one player's character (not in Champions) that had a similar thing for Buicks...he couldn't even pick up and throw a car unless it was a Buick (must have been a Psych Lim). Fortunately, he could throw a Buick a very long way.

Unfortunately, my character's favorite maneuver right now is Abort to Martial Dodge, followed by a Tactics roll...he's getting much better at dishing out punishment at long range, and he's got a wicked Throw, but he still has an allergy to bricks ever since he went one-on-one with Grond. (Next time, the EGO Entangle...)

A character I played in college was named Raven and she would shape shift into a raven. She would fly to the feet of her attackee (half move), release her shrinking (zero phase), and then punch with all of her strength.

I'm not big on the numbers, but I know with the knock back bonus of shrinking and her strength she normally knocked them out in one punch. Oh and normally, I played it as her first attack in a combat, so she would catch the person off guard as well, since she tried hard not to have a rep as a bird. They weren't expecting a bird; they were expecting a woman.