Double The Hero Excitement!

Darren Watts

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Double The Hero Excitement!

Well' date=' what they are to be more accurate. :P[/quote']Oh yeah, I guess you're right. I'd originally read Darren's post such that the "doubled" excitement was:

1. The announcement of the 2009 release schedule on Sunday.

2. The Secret Mystery Announcement on Monday.

But you're right. It actually says that there'll be a Secret Mystery Announcement on Sunday at the "What's New With Hero?" seminar in addition to the announcement of the 2009 schedule, then a second Secret Mystery Announcement on Monday.

The plot thickens...

Hmmm...so now we just need to figure out how to recruit someone from the inside who's willing to work for the good guys? [/i'] Suggestions for what we can do to get someone to be DeepKeyboard? :sneaky:

I happen to know that Darren has a weakness for Boar's Head Genoa salami. :sneaky:

My guesses:

• Hero Games purchases Wizards of the Coast (4th Edition D&D will be Fantasy Hero -- hence the real reason that the softcover FH hasn't been reprinted)
  • Hero Games has acquired the DC Comics license
  • Hero Games has acquired the Marvel Comics license
  • Hero Games has acquired both the DC and Marvel licenses
  • Hero Games has acquired DC Comics
  • Hero Games has acquired Marvel Comics
  • Hero Games has acquired both DC Comics and Marvel Comics
  • Hero Games has acquired the Lord of the Rings license
  • Hero Games has acquired GURPS from Steve Jackson Games and will be merging it with the Hero System
  • Hero Games has purchased an arms manufacturing facility in Germany
  • Hero Games has purchased General Mills and will be introducing Wheaties: The Breakfast of The Champions
  • Steve Long and Darren Watts reveal that they really are the Harbinger of Justice and Hero Man and actually have superpowers
  • Hero Games has purchased the Boston Red Sox
  • All of the above

On a more serious note, I can't help but wonder if Steve's trip this week which involves him staying in a hotel (so it's more likely business than family) has something to do with this. Given the timing of this announcement, I suspect the finalization of some business deal (perhaps a license acquisition) may have just taken place.

The suspense is totally worth it. ;)

I knew there was something I liked about you.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says "Lucius has a weakness for beautiful sadistic women." Then the other end asks "Didn't he buy that off with experience yet?"

Ghost-Angel is just pulling our leg by trying to make us believe that he found something in one of the indices about one or both of the announcements.

But isn't that too obvious? I mean, he would realize we would never believe him, so he would not write it, but perhaps he thought we would realize that we would realize that we would never believe him and therefore he could easily slip that past?

But isn't that too obvious? I mean' date=' he would realize we would never believe him, so he would not write it, but perhaps he thought we would realize that we would realize that we would never believe him and therefore he could easily slip that past?[/quote']

Excuse me, while I go stick my head into the Hero branded pizza oven. :)

If you're unable to make Dundracon' date=' I strongly recommend making a point of checking out the website at those times (remember, PST) to get the full scoop. That's Sunday, February 17th and Monday, February 18th. Mark your calendars today! dw[/quote']Dammit! I live in the future, so I'm going to have to wait for Monday, February 18th and Tuesday, February 19th.

WotC will announce that "D&D 4th Edition" will, in fact, be built entirely using the Hero System. To facilitate this work, all creative work to be published by WotC will be submitted to Steve Long (or such persons as he deputizes), and, as a further enhancement, all heretofore hardcore d20 players will be required to fall slient and kowtow when an experienced Hero player enters the room.

....but wouldn't it be loverly?