Double The Hero Excitement!

Darren Watts

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Double The Hero Excitement!

But isn't that too obvious? I mean' date=' he would realize we would never believe him, so he would not write it, but perhaps he thought we would realize that we would realize that we would never believe him and therefore he could easily slip that past?[/quote']

I don't expect you to believe me.

It's called humor.

Why do you hate America?

Well it all lies in how the harmonic sine curve matches up with the elliptical orbit of the satellite of ONEism and how it pertains to a cubic fathom of the matrix of the formula that averages between a dead armadillo and a speeding quarter pig.

It would be nice if the announcement is that Hero Games is doing well enough now to hire another full-time creative staffer. I have great admiration and appreciation for the work that Steve, Darren, Andy, Ben and the freelancers have been doing, but IMHO the period when Allen Thomas was on board was the most productive, and perhaps creative, in the company's history. I'd love to have someone else's vision added to the Hero mix. :)

Hero games will from not sell books anymore. Instead, they package random pages into so called "booster packs" which cost 5$ a piece and have 11 normal pages in them (like skills or EB), three of them uncommon (NND, Ego Attack), one rare (like Find Weakness), and you have a small chance to get an extra ultra rare (Multiform), or foil page, and even lesser chance of getting a god-card.. errr, page (VPP), I mean. If you want to use a certain rule or power, you have to own the proper page.

What?

Hero games will from not sell books anymore. Instead, they package random pages into so called "booster packs" which cost 5$ a piece and have 11 normal pages in them (like skills or EB), three of them uncommon (NND, Ego Attack), one rare (like Find Weakness), and you have a small chance to get an extra ultra rare (Multiform), or foil page, and even lesser chance of getting a god-card.. errr, page (VPP), I mean. If you want to use a certain rule or power, you have to own the proper page.

What?

The industry already tried that, back in the 80's. It was called Dragon Magazine.

(ba-dump-bump)

Hey I like that idea.

What! I'm not playing.

Fine, I'm going home.

Wait, I am home.

What?

HEROClix!

License agreements!

I was kinda thinking about NCSoft (well, NCNC now). With the PS238 role playing game coming out, another license seems like a natural. Not to mention that since NCNC is a single entity, the legal stuff would be a lot easier.

However, I assume I'd of seen something about this on the CoH boards already if it was imminent, and since I haven't... hmmm, what could it be?

OTOH, I need to get some PS238 comics now....

[Girl Genius] Last I heard' date=' GURPS.[/quote']

Right, and from their mailing list they sound pretty committed to the GURPS system.

[Kazei 5 Universe Hero] In progress. :D

Hmmm, maybe Susano knows something he's not telling. Get 'em, boys!

Right, and from their mailing list they sound pretty committed to the GURPS system.

Kind of a shame, since I do think that it would do well in HERO. Not hard to convert between the two, though, and I don't begrudge what will hopefully be a cool book.

I still want City of HEROes, myself, but it seems unlikely.