Double The Hero Excitement!

Darren Watts

Re: Double The Hero Excitement!

So' date=' since you undoubtedly have inside information, is that your way of saying that the major announcements aren't that major? :)[/quote']

Not at all. I was just pointing out that all of the "What's New With Hero" seminars that I've been to have run over, so it makes sense to me that they'd ask for 90 minutes instead of an hour. :)

As far as how major the announcements are, I'll just have to go with what Darren and Steve have already said. :D

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... major announcement... The letter "H"...

Today Hero Games announces "Hillary/Huckabee Hero". That's right, the 2008 presidential election will be run as a Rage-in-the-Cage superpowered grudge match, with the last candidate standing going on to the White House. Hero shows us how to turn politicos into powerhouses...

Nah. I got nothin'.

Horror does seem to be the going theory... and Ken Hite is at the top of that list.

TV's Heroes is a good possibility too, and would certainly be exciting.

But for all we really know, Steve managed to get licensing from Hell.

or Heaven.

If I said I was house-hunting in North Carolina, would that mean anything?

Ahem... I'm joking.

I said upthread that I'd welcome it if Hero Games was in a position to hire another creative person. I can't think of anyone I'd love more to see working full-time for the company. :D

(If you have an "H" in your name you could probably have kept this one going longer.) :sneaky:

I said upthread that I'd welcome it if Hero Games was in a position to hire another creative person. I can't think of anyone I'd love more to see working full-time for the company. :D

(If you have an "H" in your name you could probably have kept this one going longer.) :sneaky:

My middle name is "Harry."

Still Joking! :D

I've got it! I've got it! "H" is the 8th letter of the alphabet, right? Clearly, this means they got the license to the classic Dick Van Patten TV series Eight Is Enough! We'll be able to use the HERO System to roleplay heartwarming middle-class family drama and gentle hijinks! :thumbup:

What?

Well, I sure as toast can't wait.

Hmm... Malazan HERO? :bounce:

Secretly hired Thia to write Halo HERO? :rockon:

Star Trek HERO (based off the upcoming movie)?:think:

Buffy HERO? :ugly:

HERO 5th Edition Interactive DVD! :snicker:

More seriously, License of some sort seems likely to me for at least one of them, that's definitely big enough to warrant it's own big thing, most likely the second one devoted totally for it.

Other than that I dunno, let's get those dates here quickly, now!

Oh, on the H thing, might not be much of a hint as the title will most likely have HERO in it...

I've got it! I've got it! "H" is the 8th letter of the alphabet' date=' right? Clearly, this means they got the license to the classic Dick Van Patten TV series [b']Eight Is Enough[/b]! We'll be able to use the HERO System to roleplay heartwarming middle-class family drama and gentle hijinks! :thumbup:

What?

Id buy it.

Big Surprise Announcement from Hero Games

Monday, 10:00 AM in Room 156

Presenter(s):
Darren Watts, Steve Long

Type:
Seminar

The Heroes unveil the latest super-secret special product from Hero Games. Come and see as they
strip the cloak of secrecy
from this long-simmering project.

Harry Potter Hero? Just think of the influx of gamers. PS238, Sidekick, Character Creation Handbook...

Hopefully not 6 edition. Sed? Come one, that sucks compared to FRED!

I like the "OGL D&D" idea. Would fit well with a FH reprint.

Conspiracy Hero (Trust No One)? There is no H...

Harry Potter Hero? Just think of the influx of gamers. PS238, Sidekick, Character Creation Handbook...

Hopefully not 6 edition. Sed? Come one, that sucks compared to FRED!

I like the "OGL D&D" idea. Would fit well with a FH reprint.

Conspiracy Hero (Trust No One)? There is no H...

Nope, won't be Harry Potter Hero. Rowling pretty much wants nothing to do with RPGs. Steve even talked about this in this week's chat.

Hey, sed is very useful UNIX utility while FRED is a lousy text editior on Honeywell's GCS-8 OS (if I remember correctly). :D What?!?

OGL D&D idea??? I must have missed that one.

Conspiracy Hero. I suspect the H only applies to one of the announcements. Remember there are two. But Conspiracy Hero sounds like just another normal Hero product -- not something that would be considered a major announcement.

Nope' date=' won't be Harry Potter Hero. Rowling pretty much wants nothing to do with RPGs. Steve even talked about this in this week's chat.[/quote']

Wasn't she "horrified" to learn that an RPG meant other people would be creating stories with her characters?

Nope' date=' won't be Harry Potter Hero. Rowling pretty much wants nothing to do with RPGs. Steve even talked about this in this week's chat.[/quote']

I pretty much knew that Rowling wasn't stepping up. The chat is on a bad night for me, so I missed that conversation. However, it's fun to speculate! A lot more civil than the 4e D&D threads out there.

Hey, sed is very useful UNIX utility while FRED is a lousy text editior on Honeywell's GCS-8 OS (if I remember correctly). :D What?!?

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around Linux!

OGL D&D idea??? I must have missed that one.

Here. But not the 6e thing. Just that 4e D&D sounds a lot like Hero.

Conspiracy Hero. I suspect the H only applies to one of the announcements. Remember there are two. But Conspiracy Hero sounds like just another normal Hero product -- not something that would be considered a major announcement.

That's the conspiracy! One to inform of the conspiracy, one to disprove it ;)

Wasn't she "horrified" to learn that an RPG meant other people would be creating stories with her characters?

Doesn't really matter anyway. The series is done. Nothing more to get people hopped up on.

You could say the same about Firefly, but it was "killed" in it's prime instead of having an ending like Potter.

It's been my understanding that she is aware of and generally okay with fanfic or Yahoo Groups style roleplaying (which is, in essence, shared fanfic) but opposed to actual paper and pencil RPGs. Though I haven't heard a quote from her regarding P&P games.

The Wikipedia article on Harry Potter fandom has more to say.