Your favorite Hero Codes of Honor

Hermit

Honorable

Lives by a Code

Code of Honor

etc...

psych lims related to that can be simple on the disad section, but when it comes time to detail them, it can be tricky.

What better sources than heroes of fiction and legend already established?

So if you have some favorites from comics, TV and the like, post them here

I first offer The Lone Ranger Creed

"I believe.....

That to have a friend, a man must be one.

That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world.

That God put the firewood there, but that every man must gather and light it himself.

In being prepared physically, mentally, and morally to fight when necessary for that which is right.

That a man should make the most of what equipment he has.

That 'this government of the people, by the people, and for the people' shall live always.

That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number.

That sooner or later...somewhere...somehow...we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken.

That all things change but truth, and that truth alone, lives on forever.

In my Creator, my country, my fellow man."

Re: Your favorite Hero Codes of Honor

Hit them hard and when they don't expect it. Then kick 'em when they are down and take their lunch-money. (Schoolyard-Bully's Code of Honor)

Not sure if you get any point for that ... but it is a Psy. Limit.: Must take smaller children's lunch-money after roughening them up (vcom/ strong) = 20!

But now for real: What about the Green Lantern's Oath?

“ In brightest day, in blackest night,

No evil shall escape my sight

Let those who worship evil's might,

Beware my power...Green Lantern's light!

It sounds sooooo good and can even be included in the game before getting into action/ hero I.D.

Wether or not it is a code is debatable: It's is maybe just a "must fight evil everywhere it shows its ugly face" psy limit.

But I DO like it!

The Oath Of The Skull, from Lee Falk's "The Phantom". Each new Ghost Who Walks takes this vow upon assuming the mantle:

"I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty, and injustice, in all their forms, and my sons and their sons shall follow me".

John Wayne: "I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends respect me. The others can do whatever the hell they please."

John Wayne in The Alamo: "There's right and there's wrong. You gotta do one or the other. You do the one, and you're living. You do the other, and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat."

Rooster Cogburn: "I'll holler down after I shoot and see if any of 'em want to be taken alive — but when they won't, we'll shoot 'em as they come out the door."

Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade, from the end of The Maltese Falcon: "When a man’s partner’s killed he’s supposed to do something about it. It doesn’t make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you’re supposed to do something about it."

Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade' date=' from the end of [i']The Maltese Falcon[/i]: "When a man’s partner’s killed he’s supposed to do something about it. It doesn’t make any difference what you thought of him. He was your partner and you’re supposed to do something about it."

I've had a couple of teammates who put this tobthe test. Occasionally they or I fail . :)

Good one for a Knight type superhero to rip off..err emulate

"A knight is sworn to valor, his heart knows only virtue, his blade defends the helpless, his might upholds the weak, his word speaks only truth, his wrath undoes the wicked."

From Dragonheart

"Destiny's powerful hand has made the bed of my future, and it's up to me to lie in it. I am destined to be a superhero. To right wrongs, and to pound two-fisted justice into the hearts of evildoers everywhere. And you don't fight destiny. No sir. And, you don't eat crackers in the bed of your future, or you get all... scratchy. "-The Tick

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath..."

[smack upside the head]

"...And that is so you remember it."

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath..."

[smack upside the head]

"...And that is so you remember it."

What is this from? I know I've heard this before, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

To dream the impossible dream

To fight the unbeatable foe

To bear with unbearable sorrow

To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong

To love pure and chaste from afar

To try when your arms are too weary

To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest

To follow that star

No matter how hopeless