A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Theron

Re: A DC Animated-style HeroMachine

Feeling a little nostalgic today. I hope these are close enough that somebody has an idea what I was going for:

Should have used the glossy effect on Obsidian there. :)

For all the fans of the Legion:

Lighning Lad now with red hair and Cosmic Boy in his silly outfit.

Silly? Silly, you say? Cos in his bustier . Legatus, you've obviously never been a screaming fan-girl....

Well, maybe it's a little bit silly...sort of...sometimes...on a bad day....

Should have used the glossy effect on Obsidian there. :)

>le sigh< It's always something, isn't it?

Okay, one more bit of nostalgia before I turn in for the evening. Anybody remember the cover art from Champions Third Edition? Here's my interpretation.

(The guy in green was the hardest to do, and he still doesn't look right. I didn't see any better way to do the 'V' on his cowl, other than pixel by pixel in MS Paint. The yellow splash on his neck and chest didn't turn out very well, either. I did manage to get the fire-lady's magic window, though, and the tough guy in the middle was a breeze.)

>le sigh< It's always something, isn't it?

Okay, one more bit of nostalgia before I turn in for the evening. Anybody remember the cover art from Champions Third Edition? Here's my interpretation.

(The guy in green was the hardest to do, and he still doesn't look right. I didn't see any better way to do the 'V' on his cowl, other than pixel by pixel in MS Paint. The yellow splash on his neck and chest didn't turn out very well, either. I did manage to get the fire-lady's magic window, though, and the tough guy in the middle was a breeze.)

Cool.

Upon further review, there's actually another guy on the back of Champions 3rd Edition. So here he is. Not sure what his powers might be, but he appears to be flying.

And yes, Susano, the glossy effect on Obsidian looks a lot better. Thanks!

For all the screaming fan-girls and all the others: All good things must come to an end. :celebrate

This will be the last Legionnaires I post here. There are no more left that I remember from my childhood. I don't care about the latest incarnations. And during my research I found out that they turned Sensor (Princess Projectra) into a giant talking snake:confused::thumbdown. Comic book writers are nuts!!!

These ones were all a bit tricky.

Matter Eater Lad: although Theron posted his version (and mine is based upon his one), I decided to make a few changes

Bouncing Boy: had to go with the athlete template, so here's his slim look

Duo Damsel: can't leave her out, when BB is in

White Witch: for reasons of contrast I gave her skin a healthy tone. It just works better here. Her costume is a free interpretation.

Phantom Girl: I would have loved to depict her in her 70s costume. As this option is not available, I went for a free interpretation and took the P on her chest and the skirt from earlier versions.