Should FH wizards use VPPs?

Michael Hopcroft

Should I consder buying a VPP for a wizard character in FH to reflect the vast number of (relatively) minor spells he knows?

If the same limitations apply to all the spells in the VPP (gestures and incantations, Extra Tinme perhaps) this could theoretically create a very flexible mage, particulaly if he can change powers every minute or so. The one problem I forsee is that it would be a very expensive way to construct a mage, especially if you aloso want him to have a few specific, more powerful spells.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with using VPPs is that they are AP limiting. Sometimes a very simple spell can be quite AP expensive to build in Hero terms. I am sure they would work well for small AP spells though.

If I were to ever play in a FH game I would probably use the 5/1 spell cost example provided in the book to allow mages to get vast amount of simple spells. I also considered a method where the character would just pay 1 point for each 10 APs in the spell, so a 60 AP spell costs the mage 6 points regardless of Limitations and other factors.

I would suggest limiting the number of spells he knows through meta-game reasons: He has to research them/find them/buy them, etc.

As for limiting his versatility, make all of his spells run off an END reserve, then slap some lims on the Reserve recovery rate. This will allow for as wide a variety of spells as you want to allow him and still limit his ability to do as much as he wants as often as he wants. This is essentially the system we use and it works very well.

If you would like to read more, the whole system is in the Digital Hero archives (from the Cybergames days).

Keith "Brrr.... Cybergames" Curtis

For doing wizards the way that I normally envision them, the VPP is a must. Having said that, let me qualify it:

First, I envision all but the most minor of mages as being capable of "less impressive" feats of magic than usually seen on the battlefield. Second, I am a HUGE fan of the idea of spell prerequisites of the GURPS system. That is to say, if you can cast an explosive fireball, you must know how to cast a regular fireball, as well as be able to create and shape fire, ignite fires, etc. This system is WONDERFUL for "focusing" wizards around themes, rather than allowing them to exist as amorphous blobs of useful spells.

Now, requiring wizards in FH to buy tons of minor spells is a bad idea. It costs too many character points and doesn't reflect well in effectiveness. The wizard ends up with 80 point in spells and 1 or 2 dramatic and effective ones, which is normally not what a wizard player is looking for.

I actually use the VPP for all the character's spells, to reflect that their magic is all emanating from one source. However, to do this, I do put several restrictions on the lot. Shifting points in the pool requires no time, as the mage can cast one spell one turn and another spell the next. Virtually all spells must have a success roll of one sort or another ("to hit" or activation). I don't use a spell skill roll for each spell as this encourages the player to buy it up as high as possible, and because a wizard may know a new spell poorly (low activation roll) and another spell very well (high or no activation roll). Virtually all spells require concentration, gestures, and incantations to cast, as well as extra time (sometimes just a full phase), though certain spells (reflexive defense spells only) do not. Finally, I STRONGLY limit the spells in the VPP to the following:

All spells must be completely written up in advance (wizards have an established repertoire of spells and do not "make them up on the fly" in my campaigns.

All spells must have been previously approved by the GM.

All spells must either fit into previously established "colleges" of spells known by the mage, or be very minor spells (representing a new sphere of magic being explored).

Minor magics from a college or sphere must be known (written up) before any major spells are written up. This means that, to be a fire wizard, for example, you should be able to light fires, keep yourself warm, and protect yourself from fires before you can start learning to throw more powerful fire spells. This is highly subjective, so beware!

Advanced magical knowledge (many or powerful spells) should also be represented either by a high KS: Magic roll (for the generalist), or decent KS: Fire (or Earth, or Enchantment, or Necromantic, etc.) Magic rolls. This means that to be a wizard with a great deal of spells, you need to actually know a lot of information about your area of expertise.

Also, many important spells "bump up" against the Active Point limit of the VPP, even though their combat effectiveness is minimal. For example, a "Clean Wounds" spell that removed infection and foreign objects from a wound would need to be a fairly powerful transform (as it consistently removes these objects even from a character with a high body), but would be a fairly limited spell, as it may take lots of extra time, require a willing subject, and can really only be used to help someone. In cases like this, the GM could allow the Active Points of the spell to exceed the VPP limit, but I would probably still limit the REAL points to the Pool limits (and only in cases like this, where the exception is needed to "allow" an important, plausible, balanced game effect.

I would like to point out that this system of magic is not universal, nor even common in fantasy worlds. Many worlds use a system that assumes each spell is a separate block of knowledge, or kind of a magical maneuver that you have trained in. My point is only that a VPP magic pool is very viable for FH, but that the GM must take a very active role in ensuring that the specifics of the VPP mesh with the metaphysics of magic in his world.

Originally posted by keithcurtis

I would suggest limiting the number of spells he knows through meta-game reasons: He has to research them/find them/buy them, etc.

As for limiting his versatility, make all of his spells run off an END reserve, then slap some lims on the Reserve recovery rate. This will allow for as wide a variety of spells as you want to allow him and still limit his ability to do as much as he wants as often as he wants. This is essentially the system we use and it works very well.

If you would like to read more, the whole system is in the Digital Hero archives (from the Cybergames days).

Keith "Brrr.... Cybergames" Curtis

I've done both these things, and it works great.

The way magic works in my campaign is that the Gods create spells. No matter how powerful a mage you are, you cannot invent new spells. You can only cast spells you have seen. Anytime you see a new spell, you're entitled to a Zero Phase Analyze Magic skill roll (vs. Concealment, if you want to hide your spell). If the spell is in your school, and you make the roll, you can cast it.

This gives me (the GM) great control, because only I can expose characters to new spells, and they can only cast spells they've been exposed to. I'm open to them bringing me a new spell and saying "Me like", the catch being is that it will probably be used against them before they get it.

I also use END reserves to great effect, but we all know how END reserves work.

-cK

I'm not sure i would enjoy all of the system "suggestions" listed.....

i prefer to be able to create and a VPP is a constructors dream come true.

that being said, for speed of play I usually go with two powers and -1 in limitations rather than my whole detailed balancing act.....

I like the idea of a VPP with GM imposed limits on allowable spells myself, as well as a strict "no casting on the fly" rule to help prevent plot breakers. The active point limit on VPPs is a problem. Usually I'll allow adjustment powers to be used for situations where the character absolutely has to have another 40 active points in order to summon Yog-Sogoth...;)

I used a VPP system for wizards in my fantasy games as well, and I got around the Active Point limits by including an Advantage on the Control Cost. I believe it was something like 2x AP max for +1/2, 3x for +1, 4x for +1 1/2, and so on. All spells were created by me, though I did allow player made spells (with approval by me). It allowed wizards to know powerful spells, but still were limited in how many spells they could have "memorized" at one time. It seemed to work out, but probably needs more testing. :)

Re: Should FH wizards use VPPs?

Originally posted by Michael Hopcroft

Should I consder buying a VPP for a wizard character in FH to reflect the vast number of (relatively) minor spells he knows?

Check with the GM. Unless the GM is using a pretty generic magic system, he's probably got something in mind for how magic works in his campaign. It might be that you can't use VPPs or other frameworks.

I use VPPs for magi in my game also. But I don't have pre-designed spells each mage manipulates magic in his owm unique way. You would not find "spell books" but instead it would be a book on the the theroy of magic. AP limits require multible magi working together. I should also mention that there are no magic items in my game so magi weld social and political power also.

• 2 weeks later...

Altering the AP limit for VPPs

I don't remember who suggested this solution, so forgive me if it was you. It was a long time ago on the old boards. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant, and very well balanced house rule:

For a VPP, you pay

1) the Pool cost, as normal. The full amount = the maximum amount of Real Points of power that can be in the pool. (So far, this is exactly according to FREd.)

2) The Control cost = 1/2 the maximum Active Points of any one power in the pool. If the maximum AP = the total RP, you have a standard, per-FREd, VPP:

Examples:

a) Standard FREd-like VPP:

50 Pool Cost = 50 Real Points of power in the pool.

25 Control Cost = 50 maximum Active Points of any one power.

75 CP total

B) Low AP VPP:

50 Pool Cost = 50 RP total

10 Control Cost = 20 max AP of any one power.

This would be for a pool of fairly small powers only. Smaller powers, less flexibility = costs less: 60 CP as opposed to 75.

c) High AP VPP:

50 Pool Cost = 50 RP total in the pool

50 Control Cost = 100 max AP of any one power.

This allows huge powers to be put in the pool, provided they have enough limitations to fit into the Real Points limit, e.g., a 100 AP power would need at least -1 in limitations to fit into this pool, and even at -1, it would use up the entire pool. Bigger powers, more flexibility = costs more: 100 CP instead of 75.

For the record. I find VPPs to be quite useful for mages. In my campaign I usually don't allow them to be changed on the fly. Mages must spend an hour or several hours studying to change their pools around. But I do allow them great flexibility as to what spells they can have. Pretty much anything goes that doesn't spoil the plot, and as long as it satisfies any other restrictions on the character.

Re: Altering the AP limit for VPPs

Originally posted by PhilFleischmann

I don't remember who suggested this solution, so forgive me if it was you. It was a long time ago on the old boards. I thought it was an absolutely brilliant, and very well balanced house rule:

For a VPP, you pay

1) the Pool cost, as normal. The full amount = the maximum amount of Real Points of power that can be in the pool. (So far, this is exactly according to FREd.)

My AD&D 2e -> HERO System conversion used this method, with the corrolary that you could only have 1 spell in the pool at a time, and casting it "flushed" the VPP. Thus to have effects that stuck around you had to apply 0 end Contin Uncontrolled to the spell, which helped. As another artificial control, the Real Cost/ 10 = the spells level, and all spells, even 0 END spells, cost their "level" in END from a Magic END Pool when cast. The REC on the END Pool was defaulted to "Only after 8 hours of rest" for no limitation (but could be bought up the time chart for a +1/4 per step).

It worked out well.

My new 3e -> HERO System conversion takes a different tack however; its book legal, does away with a Magic END Pool, and requires all spells to be built with Charges. To get around the difficulty of fitting enough spells into the pool, the Real Cost total can be doubled as a +5 Adder on the Control Cost and can be taken multiple times (thus x8 RC total is a +15 Adder, applied before modifiers as normal for an Adder).

How do you explain/prevent mages from buying their VPP's thus:

20 RP poll

+5 adder 40pt pool

+5 adder 60 pt pool

+5 adder 80 pt pool

+5 adder 100 pt pool

+5 adder 120pt VPP!

so now for 45 cp, a mage could have an 120 RP limit VPP. Not too mention, now he could increase the base with 1 xp and net a gain of 5 pts in the Pool. Or they could just keep on buying the doubling adders. Sounds very abusive to me.

Mages with VPP's are hard to balance in almost any magic system incarnation in hero. But I agree, a VPP is the most 'normal' wayto handle the kind of fantasy magic wielders most of us are used too.

Im still looking for the perfect blend of playability ease, Balance, and wonderous effects for my own world a brewing. :P

I like VPP (or something simular) for minor magics.

It is a good way for showing how strange (or human) a wizard can be.

Invisible Tool +10 STR, Mage mimics using a simple tool

Clothing of the Nobility Minor Transform clothes into better clothes, spell lasts until midnight

My Animal Friends Will Help Minor Transform or Change Environment with special effect of helpful forest creatures

Wizard Smash! +10 STR, Only to pick up and throw/wield heavy objects

Choice of Color Cosmetic Transform

Best Guess Deduction INT+3, (GM rolls activation roll before answering)

Quick Sketch PS: Artist DEX+3, Only to quickly sketch what the wizard is currently seeing.

Guest Keneton

Save How

All of these posts that imply you save points with a VPP over buying the spells individually are hogwash. It would take about 15+ spells at standard heroic level to break even with a VPP. Now a multipower IS the way to go.

:)

That said I do apprecaite the good Ideas that I see.

Originally posted by RadeFox

How do you explain/prevent mages from buying their VPP's thus:

20 RP poll

+5 adder 40pt pool

+5 adder 60 pt pool

+5 adder 80 pt pool

+5 adder 100 pt pool

+5 adder 120pt VPP!

so now for 45 cp, a mage could have an 120 RP limit VPP. Not too mention, now he could increase the base with 1 xp and net a gain of 5 pts in the Pool. Or they could just keep on buying the doubling adders. Sounds very abusive to me.

Read it again.

They can double the REAL COST LIMIT.

Which means if they had a 20 Pool, and doubled the REAL COST LIMIT once, they could have 40 Real Cost worth of powers, each of which could have no more than 20 ACTIVE POINTS.

But that's even worse!

With a 20 point base pool, you could add +15 to get a total of 160 Real Points of spells! I understand that none can be more than 20 Active, but that's still 160 RP for only 35! Plus you have the advantage of being able to switch them around.

Why would anyone pay 160 points for 8 20-point spells, when they could get them for only 35 points, with the ability to swap them for other spells? You should always pay the full Real Cost of whatever Real Points you have. That's why they're called "real points." Anything less is abusive.

Originally posted by PhilFleischmann

But that's even worse!

With a 20 point base pool, you could add +15 to get a total of 160 Real Points of spells! I understand that none can be more than 20 Active, but that's still 160 RP for only 35! Plus you have the advantage of being able to switch them around.

Why would anyone pay 160 points for 8 20-point spells, when they could get them for only 35 points, with the ability to swap them for other spells? You should always pay the full Real Cost of whatever Real Points you have. That's why they're called "real points." Anything less is abusive.

You dont pay real points for powers taken through VPPs.

You pay the Pool points. You pay the Control Cost.

Normally the AP of each power bought thru the VPP must be equal to or less than the Pool Size.

The total real cost of Powers you may have in the Pool at any given time is normally equal to the Pool Size.

Thus, normally there is no way to increase the number of spells you want to have in the VPP without also increasing the Pool Size.

This is a rather arbitrary linkage -- to put it into geometric terms in order to make the Pool wider, you also have to make it taller.

This can make it difficult to model some spell systems where casters have a high number of Powers of smaller size.

Thus, for example, if you try to model the Vancian/D&D Magic Systems of X slots per level, it is very difficult to outright impossible to squeeze it into a VPP without enflating the size of the Pool past what is necessary to cast the biggest spell the caster has available to them, simply because you cant get enough spells to fit into the pool even though the Active Points of any given Spell are at or below the Pool size.

This is a known issue with VPPs and is mentioned in the Fantasy HERO text.

Here is a rule forum post from April I made on the subject:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2924

Steve made several suggestions on how to get around this issue. I opted to go for an Adder on the Control Cost vice a Talent or a GM Fiat Campaign rule because I have multiple types of casters with variant Control Costs, and by making it an Adder all of the Modifiers defined for each type of caster's Control Cost get applied to the Adder.

Re: Save How

Originally posted by Keneton

All of these posts that imply you save points with a VPP over buying the spells individually are hogwash. It would take about 15+ spells at standard heroic level to break even with a VPP.

Your players aren't coming up with 15+ unique spells? You need better players. ;)

I prefer VPP as my style of magic :)

What I do is one of the following:

1) RSR - Type of magic. Depending on the skill, the mage must have the proper skill to cast it. You want to cast a fireball spell? You need the Evocation and Elemental skills to rip it off properly.

2) Magic Element. On top of skills, I occasionally have used rules akin to WE from UMA to emulate a mage having some knowledge. Purchased as 3 pt. Talents, MEs are specialized forms of magic that the user buys to give the magic some flavor. So, when casting a Fireball, I would have RSR - Element Magic (-1/2) and Requires ME: Fire (-1/2) to cast :)

As for point efficiency ... IMHO, magic should be expensive and should take time to master BIG spells ... after all, not all 150pt. characters should be Gandalf :D

Re: Re: Save How

Originally posted by Geoff Speare

Your players aren't coming up with 15+ unique spells? You need better players. ;)

Darn straight he does...:)

Heck iv'e got about 40+ in my "standard grimoire" all of them with stuff the Gm never even considered......

that even discounts the stuff the Gm rejected for not being in concept, as well as just stat boosters (+x"running, +X Str, etc.)

Guest Keneton

Re: Re: Save How

Originally posted by Geoff Speare

You were missing my point Geoffe. I am not talking how many spells they know or can come up with. My players are probably the most advanced players you would ever meet. You know how I GM at least!

The point I am making is that the VPP does not save points. It is far more expensive than a Multipower. The break even point is beyond most Fantasy Hero Campaigns.

Think of a wizard package for example with 40 points in spells. Thats a fairly competent wizard using a multipower or the Turakian method. With a VPP he's a whimp able to cast max 30 active point attacks.

The VPP for fantsy hero is overrated unless you are playing high powered near superheroic fantasy.

The point I still contend is that the VPP is not a useful tool for heroic level fanstasy hero. It cost way too much for the flexibility. you would gain.

The 15+ spells I list for the break even point would be far more efficient. I could have that many 50+ active point attack spells in a multipower and still beat out a 40 base pool VPP.

Growing the VPP would cost far more than adding new slots to a point up to around 70 active and then the VPP breaks even.

Do you see my point now?

:)

Guest Keneton

Example VPP characterSHADEPlayer: WMR

Val Char Cost
40/55 STR 30
30 DEX 60
34 CON 48
18 BODY 16
28 INT 18
30 EGO 40
30 PRE 20
30 COM 10
27 PD 14
24 ED 12
6 SPD 20
15 REC 0
70 END 1
55 STUN 0
15" RUN05" SWIM08"/11" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 289
Cost Power END
30 Divine Magical Powers: Elemental Control, 60-point powers
49 1) Flight 15", Improved Noncombat Movement (x8), Position Shift, Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (79 Active Points)
30 2) Magical Shield: Force Field (5 PD/5 ED) (Protect Carried Items), Hardened (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4) (60 Active Points)
82 3) Shadow Step: Teleportation 15", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (112 Active Points)
660 Divine Magical Power: VPP (Magic Pool), 300 base + 360 control cost, Cosmic (+2) (750 Active Points); Limited Class Of Powers Available Slightly Limited (-1/4)
0 1) Deep Shadows: Change Environment 8" radius, -4 PER Roll: Normal Sight, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (39 Active Points) Real Cost: 39
0 2) Darkness Blast: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (112 Active Points) Real Cost: 112
0 3) Numbing Darkness: Energy Blast 7d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (87 Active Points) Real Cost: 87 [Notes: NND Defense: LS: Cold, Cold or Darkness Powers]
0 4) Dark Force Bonds: Entangle 7d6, 7 DEF (Stops A Given Sense: Normal Sight), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (112 Active Points) Real Cost: 112
0 5) Destructive Darkness: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points) Real Cost: 45
0 6) Silver Sword: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points) Real Cost: 45
0 7) Dark Force Bolts: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), +1 Stun Multiplier (+1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (105 Active Points) Real Cost: 105
0 8) Dark Force Bolt: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points) Real Cost: 94 4
0 9) Magical Silver Shields: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Ranged Adjacent Hex (+1/2) (30 Active Points) Real Cost: 30
0 10) Instant Change: Transform 2d6 (Cosmetic), Standard Effect (+0), Improved Target Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (17 Active Points); Limited Target: Clothes Limited (-1/2) Real Cost: 11
0 11) Slick Spell: Change Environment 16" radius, -4 DEX Rolls and DEX Based Skills, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (65 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4), Only Effects Characters Along Surfaces (-1/4) Real Cost: 43
0 12) Confusion: Change Environment 16" radius, -4 INT Rolls and INT Based Skills, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (65 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 52
0 13) Warmth: Change Environment 16" radius, 4 Temperature Level Adjustment, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (51 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 41
0 14) Chill: Change Environment 1" radius, 4 Temperature Level Adjustment, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (21 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 17
0 15) Green Thumb: Change Environment 4" radius, Long-Lasting: Permanent, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (52 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 42 [Notes: Makes Plants Happy and Healthy]
0 16) Fog: Change Environment 16" radius, -3 PER Roll: Sight Group, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (46 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 37
0 17) Psychometry: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group And Normal Hearing) (45 Active Points); Precognition/Retrocognition Only (-1), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Vague and Unclear (-1/2), Can only see events associated with an area she is in or an object she is touching (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 12 4
0 18) Eye of the Mind: Clairsentience (Sight And Hearing Groups And Detect Magic), x256 Range, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (112 Active Points); Concentration 1/2 DCV, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 64
0 19) Spider Walking: Clinging (normal STR) (10 Active Points); Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 7
0 20) Cloak: Darkness to Clarisentience Group 3" radius, Custom Adder, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (75 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 60
0 21) Douse Magic: Dispel Magic 20d6, Expanded Effect One At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (90 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 72 4
0 22) Extinguish: Dispel Fire 11d6, Expanded Effect One At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 23) Banishment: Dispel Magical Summon 25d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 24) Remove Curse: Dispel Magical Transform 25d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 25) Destroy Wards of Protection: Dispel Magical Force Field 25d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Only vs. Magical Force Field (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 54 4
0 26) Touch of the Sandman: Drain STUN 7 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 27) Touch of the Void: Drain DEX 7 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 28) Temporal Globe: Drain SPD 7 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 29) Touch of Destruction: Drain Body 7 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 30) Touch of Weakness: Drain STR 7 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 31) Ray of Enfeeblement: Drain STR 5d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 32) Ray of Decay: Drain Body 5d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 33) Slow: Drain DEX 5d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 34) Ray of Dreams: Drain Stun 5d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 35) Vertigo: Drain DEX 3d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 36) Cone of Weakness: Drain STR 3d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 37) Cone of Decay: Drain Body 3d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 38) Cone of Dreams: Drain Stun 3d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 39) Temporal Cone: Drain SPD 3d6, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 40) Rain of Weakness: Drain STR 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute) (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (95 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 76
0 41) Sleep Darts: Drain Stun 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute) (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (95 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 76
0 42) Rain of Lost Time: Drain SPD 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute) (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (95 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 76
0 43) Drunken Arrows: Drain DEX 2d6, Delayed Return Rate (5 Points per Minute) (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (95 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 76
0 44) Weaken Magic: Drain Magic Powers 1d6, Variable Effect One Power At A Time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (15 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 12 1
0 45) Night's Rage: Ego Attack 7 1/2d6, Additional Class of Minds: Alien, Additional Class of Minds: Animals, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 95 5
0 46) Pain: Ego Attack 5d6, Additional Class of Minds: Alien, Additional Class of Minds: Animal, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2) (122 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 98 5
0 47) Silver Light: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 48) Flame Strike: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 49) Earthen Ram: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 50) Tsunami: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 51) Hurricane Wind: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 52) Bolt of Stunning: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Stun Only (+0), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 53) Static Shock: Energy Blast 15d6 (vs. ED), Stun Only (+0), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 54) Dancing Spheres of Pain: Energy Blast 12d6 (vs. ED), Stun Only (+0), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (135 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 108
0 55) Power Spheres: Energy Blast 12d6 (vs. ED), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (135 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 108
0 56) Spirit Force: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 57) Bolt of Ethereal Silver: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Indirect Any origin, always fired away from attacker (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 58) Fire Burst: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 59) Tornado Winds: Energy Blast 10d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 60) Mists of Morpheus: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (81 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 65 [Notes: NND Defense: LS: Reduced Sleep, or 30 or more CON] 4
0 61) Psionic Storm: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1) (81 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 65 4
0 62) Numbing Cold: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (81 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 65 [Notes: NND Defense: LS: Cold, Cold or Fire Powers] 4
0 63) For Whom the Bell Tolls: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1), No Normal Defense Standard (+1) (81 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 65 [Notes: NND Defense: Hearing Group Flash Defense, Deafness, Sonic Powers] 4
0 64) True Sight: Spatial Awareness (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Range) (37 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 30
0 65) Light of Revelation: (Total: 25 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Sight Group Images (10 Active Points); Only to Create Image of Demon's True Form (-1/2), Linked: Detect Demons to Flight (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) (Real Cost: 4) plus Detect: Demons A Class Of Things 15-, Discriminatory, Range (15 Active Points); Costs Endurance Costs END Every Phase (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) (Real Cost: 8) Real Cost: 12 2
0 66) Mage Sight: Telescopic +8 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Detect Magic) (8 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 6
0 67) Eavesdrop: Telescopic +8 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Hearing Group) (12 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 10
0 68) Far Sight: Telescopic +8 to PER Rolls (only to offset the Range Modifier) (Sight Group) (12 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 10
0 69) Finding the True Path: Bump of Direction (3 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 2 1
0 70) Spirit Snare: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 71) Mindlock: Entangle 2d6, 2 DEF, Works Against EGO, Not STR (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1) (75 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 50 3
0 72) Ward of Containment: Entangle 5d6, 5 DEF, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 58 4
0 73) Aura of Binding: Entangle 1d6, 1 DEF, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (17 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 14 1
0 74) Hands of Darkness: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Takes No Damage From Attacks All Attacks (+1/2), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (82 Active Points); Cannot Form Barriers (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 55 4
0 75) Entrapment: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF, Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (90 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 72 4
0 76) Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related Group of Dimensions, Any Location), x8 Increased Weight (50 Active Points); Extra Time 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 20 5
0 77) Blilnding Silver: Flash 15d6 (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 78) Starburst: Flash 10d6 (Sight Group), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 79) Flashbang: Flash 9d6 (Sight Group), Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 80) Mage Blind: Flash 25d6 (Detect Magic), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 81) Aura of Magical Blinding: Flash 11d6 (Detect Magic), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 82) Reverse Gravity: Flight 10", Usable Underwater (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1), Area Of Effect (6" Radius; +1) (80 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 64 [Notes: Usable As Attack Cancel: Flight Powers] 4
0 83) Levitation: Flight 1", Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (4 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 3
0 84) Continual Light: Sight Group Images, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 7
0 85) Magical Picture Show: Sight Group and Hearing Group Images (15 Active Points); Obviously an Image, Like watching small holograms (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 7 1
0 86) Cloak of Darkness: Sight Group Images, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (20 Active Points); Only to form Cloak of Darkness (-1), No Range (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 7
0 87) Smoke and Flash: Sight Group and Normal Hearing Images, x2 Radius (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (23 Active Points); Only to Create Stage Magic Smoke and Flash Effects (-1), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 10
0 88) Sunlight: Sight Group Images, +4 to PER Roll, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), x16 Radius (+1) (55 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 24
0 89) Blazing Sword: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0 90) Sword of Silver Light: Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 2d6 (plus STR) (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (45 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 36
0 91) Lightning Bolt: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 92) Flame Bolt: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 93) Earthen Spike: Killing Attack - Ranged 5d6 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 94) Chain Lightning: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (135 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 108
0 95) Magic Missile: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1) (105 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 84
0 96) Star Bolt: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 +1 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 97) Fireball: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 +1 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 98) Iron Wood Spike: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6 +1 (vs. PD), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), +1 Stun Multiplier (+1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 99) Psychic Bolt: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), +1 Stun Multiplier (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 100) Wrath: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. ED), +1 Stun Multiplier (+1/2), Based On EGO Combat Value (Mental Defense; +1), Does BODY (+1), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (90 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 72
0 101) Rain of Doom: Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6 (vs. ED), Does BODY (+1), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1), Attack Versus Limited Defense: Power Defense (+1 1/2) (90 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 72
0 102) Agony: Killing Attack - Ranged 2d6 (vs. ED), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Attack Versus Limited Defense: Power Defense (+1 1/2) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 103) Illusion: Mental Illusions 15d6, Additional Class of Minds: Alien, Additional Class of Minds: Animal, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 95 5
0 104) Domination: Mind Control 15d6, Additional Class of Minds: Aliens, Additional Class of Minds: Animals, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 95 5
0 105) Voice of the Mind: Mind Link (Any Willing Target), Number of Minds (x8) (30 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 24
0 106) Sphere of Deflection: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), No Range Modifier (+1/2), Indirect: Any Location, Any Direction (+3/4), Ranged Full Range (+1) (65 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 52
0 107) Mental Deflection: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4), Indirect: Any location, Any Direction (+3/4), Ranged Full Range (+1), Based on Ego Combat Value (+1) (90 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 72
0 108) Self Image: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group, Imitation, Instant Change, Variety of Shapes: Limited Group of Shapes), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (57 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 46
0 109) Touch of Magic: Telekinesis (50 STR), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 110) Magic's Grasp: Telekinesis (33 STR), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 70 4
0 111) Magic Hand: Telekinesis (43 STR), Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (93 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 74 4
0 112) Magnetic Wave: Telekinesis (20 STR), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4), Area Of Effect Nonselective Target (6" Radius; +3/4) (82 Active Points); Only Affects Ferrous Metals (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 47 4
0 113) Unseen Servant: Telekinesis (10 STR), Fine Manipulation, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (62 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 50
0 114) Winds of Command: Telekinesis (25 STR), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (84 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 67 4
0 115) Read Minds: Telepathy 15d6, Additional Class of Minds: Aliens, Additional Class of Minds: Animals, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (119 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 95 5
0 116) The Winding Path: Teleportation 15", Improved Noncombat Movement (x1048576), No Relative Velocity, x8 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (262 Active Points); Can Only Teleport To Fixed Locations Floating Fixed Locations (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 150
0 117) Move Through Space: Teleportation 12", Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Ranged (+1/2), Usable As Attack (+1) (66 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 53 [Notes: Usable As Attack Cancel: Teleportation Powers, Extra Mass] 3
0 118) Stasis: Transform 5d6: Places Targets into Supended Animation (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 119) Reduce: Transform 5d6: Shrinks Targets to a tiny size (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 120) Medusa Gaze: Transform 5d6: Turns Targets to Stone (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 121) Reverse Stoning: Transform 5d6: Reverses Stoning Spells (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Limited Target: Targets That have been Magically Turned to Stone Very Limited (-1), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 42 4
0 122) Create Food: Transform 5d6: Creates bland but nutrional food bars (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 123) Oasis: Transform 5d6: Creates Water (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (94 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 75 4
0 124) Fashion Sense: Transform 6d6: Alters the Appearance of Clothes (Cosmetic), Improved Target Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) (75 Active Points); Limited Target: Clothes Limited (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 43 3
0 125) Mend: Transform 7d6: Repairs Broken Inanimate Objects (Minor), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Target: Broken Objects Slightly Limited (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 58 3
0 126) Bad Luck: Transform 2d6: Curses Target with 3d6 Unluck (Major), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +1 1/2) (82 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 66 4
0 127) Enchant Item: Transform 4d6: Binds magic into prepared magical items (Major), Improved Target Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (90 Active Points); Takes time and skill rolls out of combat to create items (-1), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 40 4
0 128) Vermin: Transform 2d6: Transforms Humanoids into Bugs, Rodents or Spiders (Major), Improved Target Group (+1/4), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4), Invisible Power Effects (Sight Group, Hearing Group; +3/4) (67 Active Points); Limited Target: Living Beings Slightly Limited (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 45 3
0 129) Shape Stone: Transform 7d6: Molds Stone (Minor), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Target: Stone Limited (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 50 3
0 130) Shape Metal: Transform 7d6: Molds Metal (Minor), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Target: Metals Limited (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 50 3
0 131) Wizard Lock: Transform 7d6: Magically secures locks, doors, windows, boxes (Minor), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4), Limited Target: Locks, Doors, Windows, etc. Slightly Limited (-1/4) Real Cost: 58 3
0 132) Knock: Transform 7d6: Unlocks doors, locks, windows, boxes (Minor), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (87 Active Points); Limited Target: Doors, locks, windows, boxes, etc. Slightly Limited (-1/4), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 58 3
0 133) Purify Food and Water: Transform 2d6: Purifies food and water (Minor) (20 Active Points); Limited Target: Food and Water Limited (-1/2), Requires A Skill Roll (Active Point penalty to Skill Roll is -1 per 20 Active Points -1/4) Real Cost: 11 2
0 134) Universal Translator 18- (23 Active Points) Real Cost: 23
10 Stamina: +0 STR, Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (10 Active Points) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)
15 Magically Enhanced Strength: +15 STR, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2) (22 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)
5 Bravery: +10 PRE (10 Active Points); For Defense Only (-1)
37 Divine Body: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points)
37 Divine Body: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points)
11 Divine Body: Damage Resistance (9 PD/9 ED), Inherent (+1/4) (11 Active Points)
30 Sense Magic: Detect Magic 15-, Analyze, Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Range, Rapid (x10), Sense
5 Mystic Sight: Infrared Perception
5 Eyes of the Night: Nightvision
5 Star Sight: Ultraviolet Perception
5 Psionic Sensing: Mental Awareness
7 High Tech Communicator Card: High Range Radio Perception (12 Active Points); Sense Affected As More Than One Sense: Sight, Hearing, Radio (-1/2), IIF (-1/4)
30 Divine Body: Life Support , Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents, Longevity: Immortal, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Inherent (+1/4) (30 Active Points)
30 Divine Favor: Luck 6d6
19 Mental Training: +19 Mental Defense (25 points total)
3 Mental Training: Damage Resistance (5 Mental Def.)
25 Divine Body: Power Defense (20 points), Inherent (+1/4) (25 Active Points)
3 Divine Body: Damage Resistance (5 Power Def.), Inherent (+1/4) (3 Active Points)
20 Divine Body: Regeneration 2 BODY (Can Heal Limbs), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (56 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Turn (Post-Segment 12) (-1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2)
25 Fast: +9" Running (15" total), Reduced Endurance Half END (+1/4) (25 Active Points) 1
3 Fast: Swimming +3" (5" total) 1
10 Branches of the Winding Path: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (2 Locations)
20 Along the Winding Path: Teleportation: Fixed Location (20 Locations) [Notes: Boston (apartment), Boston (Fenway Park), Paris, London, Giza Plateau, Millennium City, Los Angeles, Rio de Janerio, New York City, San Francisco, Rome, Seattle, Vibora Bay, Stonehenge, Hong Kong, Cancun, Venice, Athens, Denver, Chicago]
Powers Cost: 1211
Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
5 Blackout: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +1 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
5 Dancing Shadow: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike, Full Move
5 Elusive Shadow: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove
5 Evading Throw: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR Strike, Target Falls, +v/5
5 Fade: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +3 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Half Eclipse: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +1d6 Strike, Target Falls
4 Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort
4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort
4 Martial Escape: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, +15 STR vs. Grabs
4 Martial Throw: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR Strike, Target Falls, +v/5
4 Night Fist: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike
4 Night's Embrace: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -2 DCV, Grab 2 Limbs, +15 STR for Holding On
4 Night's Kiss: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +4d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
5 Power Throw: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +3d6 Strike, Target Falls, +v/5
5 Shadow Strike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +2d6 Strike, Full Move
5 Shadow's Wrath: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike, Full Move
4 Takeaway: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, Grab Weapon, +10 STR to Take Weapon Away
5 Total Eclipse: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, -2 DCV, STR +4d6 Strike
3 Weapon Element: Axes, Maces, Hammers, and Picks, Blades, Darkness HKA
Martial Arts Cost: 87
Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 15-
3 Acting 15-
9 Analyze: Magic 18-
3 Breakfall 15-
9 Concealment 18-
3 Contortionist 15-
3 Conversation 15-
3 Cryptography 15-
3 Deduction 15-
10 Defense Maneuver: I-IV
3 Fast Draw: Common Mele Weapons 15-
3 Fast Draw: Ranged Magical Powers 15-
3 Fast Draw: Teleportation 15-
3 High Society 15-
53 Magic Skill (INT-based) 40-
12 Navigation (Air, Astral, Dimensional, Land, Marine) 18-
3 Oratory 15-
3 Paramedics 15-
3 Persuasion 15-
3 Seduction 15-
3 Shadowing 15-
9 Sleight Of Hand 18-
9 Stealth 18-
3 Streetwise 15-
9 Spell Research 18-
3 Tactics 15-
3 Teamwork 15-
5 TF: SCUBA, Skating (iceskating or rollerskating), Skiing (snow), Skiing (water), Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles
4 WF: Common Melee Weapons, Common Missile Weapons
9 Weaponsmith (Muscle-Powered HTH, Muscle-Powered Ranged) 18-
5 Rapid Autofire
5 Rapid Attack (HTH)
5 Rapid Attack (Ranged)
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (HTH)
10 Two-Weapon Fighting (Ranged)
48 +6 with All Combat
3 +2 vs. specific OCV modifier on a single attack
3 Jack of All Trades
2 1) PS: Belly Dancing (DEX-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 2) PS: Chess (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 3) PS: Dancing (DEX-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
5 4) PS: Exorcism (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
2 5) PS: Exotic Dancing (DEX-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
5 6) PS: Item Enchantment (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
5 7) PS: Magician (DEX-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
2 8) PS: Tarot Cards (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
3 Linguist
1 1) Language: Egyptian (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 2) Language: Ancient Greek (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 3) Language: Ancient Hebrew (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 4) Language: Arabic (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
1 5) Language: Aramaic (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
2 6) Language: French (Completely Fluent, w/Accent) (3 Active Points)
1 7) Language: German (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
2 8) Language: Italian (Completely Fluent, w/Accent) (3 Active Points)
1 9) Language: Japanese (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
2 10) Language: Latin (Completely Fluent, w/Accent) (3 Active Points)
1 11) Language: Mayan (Fluent Conversation) (2 Active Points)
3 12) Language: Spanish (Idiomatic, native accent) (4 Active Points)
3 Scholar
2 1) KS: Ancient Civilizations (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 2) KS: Ancient Middle Easter Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 3) KS: Arcane and Occult Lore (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 4) KS: Arcane Cults (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 5) KS: Arcane Rituals (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 6) KS: Assiah (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 7) KS: Atlantean Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 8) KS: Atziluth (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 9) KS: Baseball Trivia (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 10) KS: Boston Celtics (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 11) KS: Boston Club Scene (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 12) KS: Boston History (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 13) KS: Boston Red Sox (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 14) KS: Buddhism (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 15) KS: Circle of the Scarlet Moon (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 16) KS: Dance Music (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 17) KS: DEMON (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 18) KS: Demonology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 19) KS: Dimensional Magic (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 20) KS: Drudism (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 21) KS: Egyptian Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 22) KS: Evil Supernatural Organizations (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 23) KS: Good Supernatural Organizations (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 24) KS: Greek Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 25) KS: Incan Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 26) KS: Koran (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 27) KS: Ley Lines Magic (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 28) KS: Magic (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
5 29) KS: Magic Items (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
5 30) KS: Magic Spells (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
2 31) KS: Magic Users (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 32) KS: Magic Writings (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 33) KS: Magical Languages (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 34) KS: Magical Symbols (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
5 35) KS: Magical/Occult World (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
2 36) KS: Mayan Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 37) KS: Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 38) KS: New England Patriots (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 39) KS: Norse Mythology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 40) KS: Sephirothic Tree of Life (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 41) KS: Super Heroes (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 42) KS: Superhuman World (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 43) KS: Supernatural Creatures (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 44) KS: Supervillains (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 45) KS: Tarot Cards (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 46) KS: The Bible (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 47) KS: The Four Zoas (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 48) KS: The Netherworld (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 49) KS: Undead (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 50) KS: Yetzirah (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
3 Scientist
5 1) SS: Alchemy (INT-based) (6 Active Points) 18-
2 2) SS: Anthropology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 3) SS: Archaeology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 4) SS: Astrology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 5) SS: Parapsychology (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
3 Traveler
2 1) AK: Boston (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 2) AK: Dimensional Gates (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 3) AK: Ley Lines (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 4) AK: London (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 5) AK: Los Angeles (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 6) AK: Millennium City (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 7) AK: Mystic Places (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 8) AK: New York City (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 9) AK: Paris (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 10) AK: San Francisco (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
2 11) AK: Vibora Bay (INT-based) (3 Active Points) 15-
Skills Cost: 482
Cost Talent
9 Ambidexterity (Eliminate Off Hand Penalty entirely)
27 Danger Sense (Function as a Sense, Sensitivity: Any Danger) 15-
3 Ground Fighting
3 Lightsleep
Talents Cost: 42
Val Disadvantages
15 Dependent NPC: Olivia Silverstone 8- (Infrequently), Normal, Unaware of character's adventuring career/Secret ID
5 Distinctive Features: Gorgeous/Godly Beauty Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses
10 Distinctive Features: Demi-Goddess/Mystic Aura Not Concealable, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable Only By Unusual Senses
15 Hunted: Viper 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
15 Hunted: DEMON 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Harshly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
10 Hunted: Shadow Raven 8- (Occasionally), As Powerful, Mildly Punish, Extensive Non-Combat Influence
10 Psychological Limitation: Opposes Magical Evil Common, Moderate
15 Psychological Limitation: Thrillseeker/Fun Loving Very Common, Moderate
10 Psychological Limitation: Loves the Pursuit of Knowledge/Mysteries Common, Moderate
5 Psychological Limitation: Loves the Night and Darkness Uncommon, Moderate
5 Psychological Limitation: Strangely Attracted to Crusade Uncommon, Moderate
10 Reputation: Champions Frequently (11-)
10 Reputation: Powerful Sorceress Frequently (11-)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity: Delilah Sombra Frequently (11-), Major
Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 300Experience Required: 1661Total Experience Available: 1681Experience Unspent: 20Total Character Cost: 2111

Height: 5' 11" Hair: Raven Black
Weight: 135 lbs Eyes: Brown
Appearance: Shade is a statuesque hispanic beauty with raven black hair and deep dark brown eyes. Shade has a dark skin tone, always appearing as if she has a summer tan. Shade wears a series of different costumes, but most often wears a skin tight black and silver costume.Personality: Quote:Background: Delilah Sombra and twin sister Desire were born June 6, 1981 to Debrah Sombra. Delilah did not realize the very special circumstances of her birth. Delilah's soul is actually that of a valiant heroine from another multiverse who died sacrificing her life to save her world. She was reborn in this multivervse and upon this Earth through cosmic intervention.

Debra Sombra was a member of the arcane organization known as the Circle of the Scarlet Moon. Debra sought to increase her own standing within the organization by summoning a powerful magical entity to mate with her and thus concieve powerful children to serve the cult's evil schemes. She succeeded, and the souls of Delilah and Desire were produced in the union. Their father was Loki, the Norse god of mischief, trickery and evil. Debra Sombra never knew the entity's true identity. She always assumed that her spells had bound the entity as she had planned, but Loki had reasons of his own for siring the twins, reasons that have not yet become known.

The two powerful demi-goddesses grew up under the Circle of the Scarlet Moon's instruction, but Delilah seemed to rebel and resist what she was taught. She was haunted by strange dreams of her other life that seemed to push her towards a heroic destiny. Desire, on the other hand seemed to embrace the cult's teachings. Delilah began to study on her own, and made contact with other organizations in the mystic community, including the Trismegistus Council. On her 16th birthday she ran away from home, and began a new life. She dedicated herself to opposing the evil of the world, mystic and not, taking the codename of Shade.

Shade now lives in Boston, and makes a living as a club magician and dancer. She was recruited by Crusade to join the new superhero team , The Champions, located in Millennium City. She and her sister Desire, now called, Shadow Raven, are rivals and enemies, but they still share a bond of sisterly devotion.

Powers/Tactics: Campaign Use: