I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

This has been a long night. I spent it in tall, labyrinthine buildings, trying to get out and home after work at a clinic on the top floor. One time I managed to get out, and I turned out to be in Luleå ... Brrr.

Just before waking, the dream changed into something weirder. I was Chiang Kai-Shek, sitting in a luxury lounge with Mao, listening to the radio as the results of the civil war came in. We laughed and laughed.

I've got to check myself for a fever.

Edited by L. Marcus

My dream was a weird Middle-earth/Call of Cthulhu mashup of sorts. Elrond had sent a couple of emissaries to deal with some hostile power, but negotiations failed. A couple of winged orc/gargoyle hybrids tried to fight off mutant trolls with long spears but they lost eventually. Then someone summoned an eldritch horror that wiped out the trolls.

Fast forward to the modern day. I was with my family in a bookstore at night when a woman and her children dropped from the sky and warned everyone about the eldritch horrors coming. They soon came, looking like small humanoids made of clay. I tried using a cable to whip the nearest one, but my blow had no effect. Fortunately, the creatures moved slowly, so everyone was able to escape to a garden which we knew was a safe spot. It occurred to me that we may be the last humans alive, and that our safe spot wasn't big enough to provide food and shelter for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I had another LOTR dream, except it was all wrong. It was doubtless inspired by a LOTRO playthrough I watched. This took place after Frodo was stabbed in Weathertop,, but Gandalf was present. He told me (I was Merry Brandybuck for much of the dream) to ride Bill the pony and try to draw the Nazgul away from the rest of the group, who would ride to Rivendell. So I rode as fast as I could with a Black Rider on my tail. I turned right to head to Mirkwood, although I was actually riding into a modern building. Then I was no longer Merry and watched him ride up a spiral staircase with a second Nazgul chasing him. He may have thought he was riding up Mount Doom, but he made his pony jump down the stairwell when he realized his mistake.

In the next scene I may have been Merry again, but I was in an office. Someone informed me the Nazgul wanted to see me, and it was time to settle the score. This would be in the form of an archery contest with the target hanging from the office ceiling at a 60 degree angle. We would shoot at the same time, and whoever hit closest to the bullseye was the winner. I woke up before the contest took place.

Edited by tkdguy

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I had my weird back-to-school dream last night. My school had undergone extensive remodeling to make it a more open space, where each classroom was something like a coffee shop or cafe. The teacher next door to me, who is actually a gourmet chef and a coffee snob, had taken full advantage of the changes and set up our two classrooms as a combined learning space with various enticing foods and drinks available for the students (and for us). He had even brewed me some fancy cacao drink "Since I know you don't drink coffee." Then the students arrived, and I woke up before I had a chance to try it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was wandering down a street at night and came across a row of brownstone mansions. These were houses of business tycoons, and I regretted my life choices that kept me poor. Nobody seemed to live there, but tiny spectral ballerinas were dancing on each doorstep.

I walked away into a street and saw someone dressed in a black pea coat and cap walking the other way. His face was skeletal, but the "whites" of his eyes were red. He looked more cartoonish than menacing. I wished him a good evening as we passed each other by, but he paid me no mind.

I felt someone following me. I looked back and saw a large bear, which was some kind of spirit animal. It eventually passed me to run into an open area.

I've been having weird dreams all week. Two nights ago I had a scheme to make a lot of money, and I was eliminating my rivals/partners in crime with a Stormtrooper blaster. Everything else looked like stuff you'd see today.

Last night I was dreaming about people riding flying surfboards around a cartoon version of San Francisco. The area around City Hall was covered with dense forest and was inhabited by Lolth.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamt that I was Merlin.

More accurately: I was myself - this body - but with Merlin's soul/mind inhabiting the seat of consciousness. We were this gestalt (my knowledge of the present combined with his magical prowess). Although he knew more about contemporary times than he would have had he been instantly transported to the here and now, there were some...interesting gaps in his knowledge.

Anyhow, I started the dream in these spacious castle chambers. Apparently, the castle was either a structure imported from Europe OR a highly convincing recreation presumably constructed with modern materials. Either way, it was located in a rather extensive theme park (the medieval/Middle Ages portion being a full-sized attraction unto itself); however, the section I was in happened to be out of commission (closed for renovation?).

If I had to guess, I (myself, as this otherwise mundane performer?) was hired by the park owner (unaware that I had the actual essence of Merlin) and allowed to live on the premises until it was open for business. Within the chambers was an assortment of clothes (although - curiously - entirely contemporary). There were also three men that would hang at a table near an open window; in retrospect, they were likely park employees of some sort (other performers? Actors? Medieval experts?). Soon enough, the Merlin part of this mental union wanted to find the king as soon as possible. Yeah...for whatever reason, he thought we were still in the old times. Dissatisfied with my current apparel, he went through the available clothes before settling on black sweatpants, a black hoodie (the closest analog to a robe with cowl he might have worn?) and one black (winter) glove. Strangely, he was okay with the white tennis shoes I was currently wearing. The men seemed to approve of his new look, so, with that, we exited the chambers in search of the monarch.

Unable to turn up anything, we left the castle in hopes of finding something that could point us in the right direction (at this point, Merlin was at the wheel and drawing from some - but not all - of my experience). We eventually found ourselves in a information/"help" center on the property. Merlin!Me asked a fetching young lass with short black hair if she could direct him to the "royal court"; she must have thought he was either joking or crazy, because she chuckled and turned to assist someone else. Only briefly nonplussed, Merlin!Me began to look around the center until he found some bulletin with an advertisement for one of the many roles in the park. Satisfied he found something to get him moving again, he passed by the counter and thanked the lady for putting up with his trouble; with a flick of his right hand, he produced a flower from thin air and left it directly in front of her before departing. Other women - fellow coworkers - loudly remarked "Oh, he's a magician!" and "It's a carnation." (to me, it looked like a generic white flower) as he stepped outside.

As we wandered the grounds, we came across a water attraction where people were riding these blue and white dragon boats on artificially produced rapids. While passing by, a bit of caprice struck the mage and so he animated the boats in order to enhance their amusement. That's right: the visitors were soon riding actual living dragons that flew several feet above the water's surface. Random tidbit: these dragons were serpentine...like an Oriental variety.

Right after this, I awoke from my slumber.

Edited by Ragitsu

• 3 weeks later...

So I dreamed I was working on an ad campaign for a new brand of body soap. They wouldn't tell us what it was called, so we had to write a commercial you could just plug the name into. This is what we came up with:

"_____ soap won't clean up your browser history, or your track record of highly questionable relationships. But it will leave your skin feeling clean and fresh. And right now, isn't that about the best you can hope for?

_____ soap. Take the win, friend."

I was in a Landspeeder from Star Wars with some friends. I was in the back seat. We were driving through a gated neighborhood when we noticed Rover from The Prisoner. I got really scared and told the driver to get us out of the place ASAP. We drove off at high speed but only for a few moments. We suddenly slowed down as we had driven to the curb of a crossroad. The driver had to slowly maneuver the Landspeeder and let it power up before it could reach a high speed again. Meanwhile Rover had started following us and was making its way out of the gated community. I was getting really nervous as I noticed I was closest to Rover if it charged us. Fortunately, the Landspeeder soon regained full power, and we tore through the street into the highway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had one of my roughly once a decade dreams that I remember.

The scene was some kind of family get-together in a parklike setting, pleasant conditions.  With two exceptions, everyone in the dream was a kid (probably no older than 10), and these kids (it felt like upwards of a couple of dozen of them) were blood relatives of mine, though none of them were people i knew or had names for (and, in fact, don't actually exist; I and my two siblings are the youngest family members of my generation).  One exception was me, and it wasn't clear what age I was in the dream; it felt like I was high school or college age.  The other was my paternal grandfather, whom I last saw in June 1974 and passed away on New Year's Eve 1975.

Grampa Gus was seated at a picnic table (with young'uns running around him), looking into some sort of tablet device, perhaps reading things, but perhaps it was some sort of sensory aid so it was his way of just looking around (he was nearly blind late in life).  Neither of us talked to anyone (including each other).  I was aware that it might be the last time I saw him.

The first part of my dream was a pleasant enough variation on a theme: me residing on a sprawling property in a spacious room a decent walk away from the main living area. The second part of my dream continued to take place on the property during a get-together (party?) and was a bit humdrum all things considered (I left the festivities to get some clothes cleaned)...except for the completely random appearance of a massive spider within a laundry room. The body of this thing was three to four feet long; I remember ripping off part of one of its legs and stabbing it as nearby people did their part to make it dead. For whatever reason, once we ensured it was no longer a threat, I tried eating parts of the spider - raw - and almost immediately spat out those revolting pieces of arachnid. "This is definitely survival food", I said to the others.

I found myself in a seemingly idyllic world that was actually quite dystopian. People were ultimately just pawns of higher powers that were quite uncaring. It may have been a simulation, since people "respawned" if they died; I died at least once. The dream ended as I was taking a ship to escape this reality, but I suspected it would end up sinking, as one of the entities controlled the oceans.

Now I know how MMO monsters must feel.

Edited by tkdguy