I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

There was a plumbing emergency so I had to step up and help but afterward I got in trouble because I had a plumbing licence but hadn't been plumbing and the plumbers professional association hadn't assigned another plumber to my area because their records showed that there was already someone with a plumber's licence there.   They were going to hit me with a hefty fine for not doing my plumbing responsibilities.  

Edited by Clonus

I was working at the front desk of a hotel, although no guests actually appeared in my dream. I was to keep the area in good order. I asked my boss about training on checking in guests, taking their payment info, etc. She said I didn't need to know that; I just had to keep order in the lobby.

A former coworker appeared, and we talked for a bit. Later on I was outside breaking up some styrofoam as part of my duties. My boss appeared and told me my mother just called to say there was a death in the family. I immediately thought about my great grandmother, who died when I was still a kid. I decided to tear up more styrofoam before calling my mom, just to put off hearing the bad news.

I did a Google search on my former worker the following day and found his obituary. He died in 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

I dreamed that for some reason I was in charge of a social experiment. We had gathered hundreds of people and divided them into dozens of groups. In each group we randomly assigned people leadership roles in various fields: business & industry, finance, politics, entertainment, agriculture, science, religion, medicine, and so on.  Each group was given an initial set of fiscal, societal, and other conditions. The challenge was to build the most prosperous civilization in the long term beginning with what they had. 

There was a lot of trash-talking and bragging and such. "I'll OWN you within five years" and that kind of thing. Most groups immediately broke into competition and argument. But there was one exception. One group decided, right at the beginning, that they would cooperate to ensure the success of the entire enterprise. They agreed to put their own self-interest second to the survival of their society. They even drew up a contract as to what that would look like. 

When the experiment ended, the cooperative group was the only on whose decisions hadn't led to the extinction of the human species. 

Some people from the other groups got mad. I mean, really, really angry. Shouting, name-calling, even a few threats of violence. They thought that group must have cheated or paid off the judges or something like that. They couldn't understand how anyone could succeed where they had failed.

• 3 weeks later...

It was that part in The Fellowship of the Ring where Frodo & company fought the wargs, but instead of Caradhras, we were in front of a house owned by a lady in her late 50s-early 60s. I saw the wolf first, then Pippin came by. The wolf recognized a Hobbit and went to get its pack. Gandalf called for the Fellowship to take defensive positions, and Legolas shot a wolf. The woman went inside her house for safety. I joined the Fellowship to fight alongside them. My last thought before I woke up was that Legolas should be further back since he was the group's archer.

I got stuck in the worst traffic imaginable, so I didn't get to school until about 20 minutes into my first period class. The vice principal saw me come in but didn't say anything. I went up the stairs to get to my room as quickly as possible, but I had difficulty finding it. The layout of the school was completely different. The walls were different too, and the rooms weren't organized in any fashion that I could make any sense of. I looked for somebody from my department to help me figure out what was going on, but the halls were unsettlingly empty. There was nobody to talk to. I wasn't sure what to do next. Naturally, that's when I woke up and had to pee.

20 hours ago, Bazza said:

I got stuck in a Green Day concert. 

Sounds like a nightmare to me.

19 hours ago, Bazza said:

Last night I had a dream I was in a middle of a torrential rainstorm and flood. There was an earthquake too. Must stop having these crazy wet dreams.

slap penguins GIF

• 4 weeks later...

I had a rather wonderful dream about a book and RPG antiquarian shop. It was in somewhere like Stockholm's Old Town, in a house from the 1600s. Many stairs, many prongs, and the whole place stuffed with rare role-playing games and first-edition fantasy books. My only problem was that I was on a budget.

• 3 weeks later...

I had this dream about a portal where supernatural beings of light and fire were looking into the world. Two figures, one male and one female, were looking out when a third being (male) with fiery wings stood behind them. They weren't demons since I could tell they weren't evil.

I was wandering through what looked to be an outdoors dirt prison camp that was - among other things - partitioned into sections separated by massive vertical timbers lashed together (actually, those "timbers" may have simply been entire trees chopped down with both bark and branches removed). Eventually, I teamed up with an Asian fellow for a martial arts display being observed by some official-looking men sitting nearby. There were these large rectangular ice blocks themselves stacked (with gaps between each block) in a rectangle and, for whatever reason, I was dual-wielding shortened serving spoons. Suddenly, I hurled both utensils simultaneously and managed to shatter all the blocks. The judges were suitably impressed; this demonstration of skill and strength earned me a release.

What's even weirder? There is a good chance I turned out to be an infiltrator.

• 2 weeks later...

The boy and I were driving down the highway. We jumped out of our car, and the guy in front of us did the same thing. I was like look at that. The boy was like we did the same thing. Our car kept rolling and rolled off the edge of an on ramp into traffic. I watched it get hit in the side by what looked like a cadillac and pushed down the highway.

CES  

I was working in a bunch of jobs to make ends meet. One of them was for the phone company, and it was a part-time position. It wasn't a great job, but I decided to stick with it because one of the benefits was free training in kenjutsu and jujutsu.

Edited by tkdguy

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching a TV show where the Adam West Batman was going up against a trio of witches, the Witchiepoo from HR Pufnstuf type. Bruce Wayne was making inquiries talking to the witches disguised as regular women. As he was leaving, one of the witches cast a tracking spell on Bruce. I woke up after that, so I don't know how it ends.

On 1/28/2024 at 8:18 AM, L. Marcus said:

I had a rather wonderful dream about a book and RPG antiquarian shop. It was in somewhere like Stockholm's Old Town, in a house from the 1600s. Many stairs, many prongs, and the whole place stuffed with rare role-playing games and first-edition fantasy books. My only problem was that I was on a budget.

bummer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream where my wife had organized my living space. Everything was in a spot, with racks and closets for things. I noticed that one closet was full of dresses. I became irate and asked her what she needed all the clothes for since she had enough already. We began to argue before I woke up.

CES 

We stood outside a house, trying to figure out where the wasps were coming from.  As we talked, a wasp landed on the wall in front of us, and crawled up under a sheet of plastic that had been nailed to the wall to keep the rain out.  I squished it through the plastic using a weird metal implement I held in my hand, like a door handle.  When I did that it moved the plastic closer to the wall and I saw a couple more wasps under the plastic further up, so I squished those too.  That revealed a dark spot under the plastic, which was the wasp nest.  It was the size of a basketball.  I could see the blurry blobs of hundreds of wasps under the plastic starting to move around, so I frantically started running my implement back and forth over the plastic to squish them all, and the nest.

I was in some shack with my family when my sister picked something up. My mom asked if it was a toy alligator, but my sister said it was a dead baby alligator. After she threw it away, we all went for a walk. I was wearing white short pants. I noticed my zipper was down. I tried to pull it up, only to find the zipper was broken. So I went back to the shack to put on a pair of trousers. The door to the shack was an unpainted wooden door with the words "JUST LIKE STAR WARS" written on it. Anyway, I went in to change. A young woman saw the sign on the door and went in the house. I was still changing and ended up mooning her.

I was writing a Law and Order fanfic online.  But by the end I was writing on paper with a pen and the climax of the fic was a wizards duel.  Then someone else started adding stuff, their words just magically appearing on the paper and when I crossed out some of what I had written, the words just vanished after a moment.