I have a dream. (and MAN was it wierd!)

SSgt Baloo

My dream last night was so nonsensical that I can't describe parts of it, but there was one part that stood out. I decided my lemonade (or whatever I was going to drink) needed to be grittier, so I was going to add cat litter to it. Good thing I came to my senses in time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been dreaming about cats lately. Last night's dream had cats fixing the plumbing and the sewers. I didn't know cats did that, but my stepfather told me he had his cats fix the plumbing.

In another part of the dream, my family adopted two adult mountain lions as pets, so I was extra wary in the house, despite them seeming calm all the time.

And for some reason, there was an airship that kept maneuvering in unusual ways. Instead of moving forward, it kept changing its incline. At one point, the airship was vertical, the nose of the vessel pointing straight up. I couldn't figure out what the pilot was doing.

• 4 weeks later...

The other night I had a dream that I was supposed to meet one of my uncles near his house. He lives in a different state, and I've never been there.

So I decided to walk there, even though I had no idea where I was going. The people I asked directions from were friendly enough, although they could only point out the general direction where I was supposed to go, and they had no information about taking the bus. They did warn me the neighborhood was a rough one.

I found a neighborhood that looked familiar. It looked exactly like another place I had visited before, except it was in another city, another state, even. I couldn't understand how two areas that were nowhere near each other could be carbon copies of each other.

I kept asking directions, and one woman said I should wear an eyepatch to let help me see better (?) and look tougher. She led me to her boutique and asked for $14,000 dollars for  the eyepatch. I told her I didn't have that kind of money. And who would pay that much for an eyepatch anyway? She said they were really popular.

So I left the shop and kept walking. I decided to trust to my gut instinct to keep me safe and avoid getting lost.

I never actually reached my destination, but I almost never seem to do that when I travel in my dreams.

• 1 month later...

So I was working with two young folk, one man and one woman. They were supposed to be training me, but I was explaining to them how to work with people they didn't get along with. I was folding socks while doing this, although I was actually tying them into ribbons rather than folding them.

My sister said she could lend me her horse if I needed to go out. It wasn't necessary because the young folk were coming to the house for dinner, which consisted of some flatbread pastry. Instead of a man and a woman, my coworkers were now two young women. After dinner we were supposed to work. One said we should work downstairs, since it was more comfortable there. My bedroom was in the far end, but I didn't want to show them my room. Partly because it was a mess, and I had painted the walls a deep purple. The work turned into a roleplaying session, and I could see the scenery, even if it was just in my mind's eye.

Then I was hosting an outdoor concert in The Shire, and all the Free Peoples of Middle-earth were attending. The music was supposed to be modern pop songs from the 80s or 90s, and featured a choir as well as individual performer. I was there in my stroller suit as I was both the announcer and conductor.

8 minutes ago, Ragitsu said:

I have had many dreams; some of my dreams were slightly strange, but most were intricate and interesting. There has been more than one occasion where I wish I hadn't left a dream world.

Same here. The dream about me going to a different world was pretty vivid. I even wanted to find a way to teleport there, usually when work got really tedious.

I had a dream that I was part of a commission studying the feasibility of constructing new dams in the mountains above Salt Lake City, and the implications of such construction on the region's apparently substantial metahuman population.

11 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Same here. The dream about me going to a different world was pretty vivid. I even wanted to find a way to teleport there, usually when work got really tedious.

I regret waking up. There was one dream where I made friends with a Japanese old salt on an Earth with a greater emphasis on oceanic exploitation (there were touches of the Ocean Punk genre); this man offered to take me under his wing back in Japan. Free room and board in Nippon? Imagine that!

Here's to hoping I fully cross over when I next win the jackpot.

9 hours ago, csyphrett said:

Had a couple of dreams, but the one I remember was people finding out there Samoan neighbors were having a barbeque with people. NCIS was involved for some reason

CES 

If NCIS was involved, I need to ask if the people in the Samoan barbecue were guests or the main course. :whistle: 

• 3 weeks later...

In my dream I had decided to become Destro. There was a woman who was going to be the Baroness, so I changed the color of her suit with a paint roller, while she was wearing her clothes. For some reason her new colors were white with blue stripes. We were going to start an oil company in France to finance our endeavors. We decided not to use our codenames yet, so we came up with temporary ones. I don't remember hers, but mine was FUBAR. I decided I had to brush up on French law, since I would be doing business there. I also had to figure out where to get a metal mask.

There were some folks being menaced by an armored ninja. One man who was part of the rescue group challenged the ninja and pulled out his own sword. He won, although the ninja had some slick moves, even destroying the hero's sword. The hero told his friends he suspected the ninja's identity, but when they pulled out the helmet, it was hollow.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a dream that I was part of a small group that was trying to locate some important information before the bad guys got to it. We made our way to an apartment complex where we thought the information was hidden. We went to a certain apartment, but we checked the apartment next door to it first for some reason. That's where we found what we needed.

So we were in the first apartment when the bad guys showed up. That's when my subconscious told me that I'd had this dream before and I knew what was going to happen. So I started making subtle changes. As soon as the bad guys showed up, I grabbed a steak knife from the kitchen and put it in my sock. Then as bad guys started making their threats and everything I subtly started moving us toward the door.

When the explosion I knew was coming finally happened, I was blown safely away and into a ditch. One of the bad guys was in the ditch with me. He was still dazed, so I took out the steak knife and severed his Achilles tendon. Scratch one bad guy. We took care of the other one easily enough. That's all I remember.